NEW VERSION! "nebukadnezar" reloaded AMD + INTEL supported

semthex

165 posts in this topic

Semthex im favorably impressed with your new kernel BUT, and JAS it isnt Biased, your kernel have something bad, its making my cores to work 15 degrees celcius more hotter, right now im turning back to DaemonES until you solve this, im pretty sure you will, anything else has been outstanding, reset solved very fast boot time, fsb autodetection, and stability, the Temperature is a BIG ISSUE anyway.

Semthek last kernel temp 52c both cores

DaemonES kernel tem 36c both cores

hope to get a new kernel with this minor problem solved

another issue Processor detected as 4GHz Core Duo (not core 2 Duo)

Go to IRC server irc.macspeak.net. and log onto channel #kernel and ask for the link

Click the Chat link in the forum title bar

On the next page, click the "forum" link.

When IRC starts up, click on "Channels" and select "#kernel"

thanks man!

[]'s

Semthex im favorably impressed with your new kernel BUT, and JAS it isnt Biased, your kernel have something bad, its making my cores to work 15 degrees celcius more hotter, right now im turning back to DaemonES until you solve this, im pretty sure you will, anything else has been outstanding, reset solved very fast boot time, fsb autodetection, and stability, the Temperature is a BIG ISSUE anyway.

Semthek last kernel temp 52c both cores

DaemonES kernel tem 36c both cores

hope to get a new kernel with this minor problem solved

another issue Processor detected as 4GHz Core Duo (not core 2 Duo)

What did you use to get temp readings from OSX ?

thanks

speedit kext and istat pro (for me)

Would you mind putting that kext into a zip and adding as an attachment? The main site where Speedit is found has no working download links, nor could I find any mirrors anywhere online. I want to test my CPU temperature with different kernels. I hadn't thought about the potential damage.

The new kernel works good on a clean install, however coming back from sleep, the gui freezes.

When I put it into my system with all the applications I had, after the dock appeared, it freezed again, and told me to restart. I got the same result, when I tried to use migration assistant. I think the new kernel doesnt like one or more applications (or its kexts)

i use temperature monitor wich gives you pretty on display temperatures and some wonderful history and such

its free download but do not work with every ihack

http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

anyoelse reporting high temp with new semthex kernel?

I will check it back and contact you later on, this issue hasn't been encountred by anyone yet and is very unusal since non change I made will affect CPU fan speed or anythign else related to this.

I sended you an pm with my email adress, pelase send me a screen of the temperature and your stystem specifications. Thanks.

EDIT: Check with both of my machines and everything is ok here, a few guys from chanel also reporting everthing ok.

The new kernel works good on a clean install, however coming back from sleep, the gui freezes.

When I put it into my system with all the applications I had, after the dock appeared, it freezed again, and told me to restart. I got the same result, when I tried to use migration assistant. I think the new kernel doesnt like one or more applications (or its kexts)

This wakeup issue is currently worked on :-)

i take it this kernel is only to be used on the new 10.4.8 dvd as i tried it on a 10.4.6 updated to 10.4.8 and it sat on the grey apple screen with a white sign(circle with crossline)

hp pavillion zd8000

intel945chipset

p4 prescott 630 3ghz ht

Semthex, why your final release will be with sse2?

You can do the first final release with sse3, and the second will be with sse2.

I can't wait for a new kernel on my AMD SSE3, but I don't want to do experiments - I want to install final release :rolleyes:

i use temperature monitor wich gives you pretty on display temperatures and some wonderful history and such

its free download but do not work with every ihack

http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

anyoelse reporting high temp with new semthex kernel?

Hi, i install temperature monitor, but now m imac onl boot in safe mode(-x), you know a procedure for un-install this aplication?

please help me!

thanks

Semthex, why your final release will be with sse2?

You can do the first final release with sse3, and the second will be with sse2.

I can't wait for a new kernel on my AMD SSE3, but I don't want to do experiments - I want to install final release :rolleyes:

There will only be one final release - the kernel will have SEE3/SSE2 autodetection (in addition to Intel/AMD autodetection, etc.) . Correct me if I'm wrong.

the problem couldnt be tempeature monitor Guedes Jr, you probably mad some other change before resetting.

I think that not, therefore the system was estable before the

installation of temperature monitor, in the installation it

installed a driver, and when initiating it appeared that screen

asking for to reset the computer.( mult lingual)

later always that it enters in the screen of login the system it

freeze!

I tried to use pacifist to see where and what it installed,

but it does not open in pacifist.

I do not know more what I make!

thanks bro!