[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hi. After several install attempts i finally could finish the install of dp7 but when i try to boot i get boot.efi error (clean install and update from 12.6 too).

I will try now with nvram reset  + nv_disable=1 because i think its an boot-cache problem?!

Is it better to start with an older version like DP4 and then update thru mas?

It is not clear to me. The patch applied to DSDT which is what I use, that should work no?

You can test and try. But I would suggest finding a guide and if needed open a separate thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi. After several install attempts i finally could finish the install of dp7 but when i try to boot i get boot.efi error (clean install and update from 12.6 too).

I will try now with nvram reset  + nv_disable=1 because i think its an boot-cache problem?!

Is it better to start with an older version like DP4 and then update thru mas?

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

• Like 1

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

I had one screenshot but was in bad resolution. I will post asap i got a new one. It says "OSXAptiofixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootfiles\boot.efi" & "Failed to load kernel cache" .

I had one screenshot but was in bad resolution. I will post asap i got a new one. It says "OSXAptiofixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootfiles\ boot.efi" & "Failed to load kernel cache" .

That's ok, no need to take another one. If OSXAptiofixDrv.efi fails to boot try OSXAptiofixDrv2.efi instead.

You can also use the tool in my signature to rebuild the kext cache and prelinkedkernel and see if that helps.

• Like 1

That's ok, no need to take another one. If OSXAptiofixDrv.efi fails to boot try OSXAptiofixDrv2.efi instead.

You can also use the tool in my signature to rebuild the kext cache and prelinkedkernel and see if that helps.

Thanks! I will try that. Actually i got OSXAptiofixDrv2.efi installed so i try OSXAptiofixDrv1.efi instead.

When should i run your NVRAM tool..pre-installtion / on 12.6 or after update in single-user mode?

Thanks! I will try that. Actually i got OSXAptiofixDrv2.efi installed so i try OSXAptiofixDrv1.efi instead.

When should i run your NVRAM tool..pre-installtion / on 12.6 or after update in single-user mode?

In that case, with all the new clover boot loaders it's better to use the OSXAptiofixDrv.efi

And about the tool, you don't need to run it in the  single-user mode boot into macOS normally and run the app.

• Like 2

I had one screenshot but was in bad resolution. I will post asap i got a new one. It says "OSXAptiofixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootfiles\boot.efi" & "Failed to load kernel cache" .

Sound a bit like the problem i had with my laptop, failing to load kernel cache. I just reinstalled over the top as i couldn't boot into single user mode.

• Like 1

Updated to latest Clover r4189?  Did you delete NVRAM.plist in EFI of your usb drive?  Let Clover inject default FF/FFM/PF and BIOS ver/date/Board-ID values (leave blank in config.plist).

If above fails, try @crazybirdy's method: modified restore BaseSystem/Disk1mbrInstaller with patched OSInstaller - see post#3239.

Good Luck and thanks to @crazybirdy  :).

Have you tried replacing AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328 from Public Beta1?

Yeah, removing BIOS date/version and board-id from config.plist seems to do the trick. Thank you! Installed manually though (downloaded the 5 gigs again...)

ScreenShot2017-08-30at12.50.39PM.png

Thanks guys! Update from existing 12.6 to 10.13 worked flawless this time. Im very happy because no-need to reinstall any software. :)

I booted from USB-Install stick..any tipps for post install? ..should i just copy EFI folder to system-hd`s EFI partition?

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Update to existing 12.6 worked flawless this time. Im very happy because no-need to reinstall any software. :)

I booted from USB-Install stick..any tipps for post install? ..should i just copy EFI folder to system-hd`s EFI partition?

Yes you can use the same EFI folder on the USB to make the HDD bootable. or you can install the latest version of the clover on your HDD and replace these folders and files from the USB:

ACPI

Config.plist

Kexts

Themes

if you are using any special drivers such as apps.efi then you can replace the drivers as well.

• Like 1

Well that should be pretty much it.

The same changes you made for 10.12 should be made for 10.13. If you copy the entire Clover folder, I would say that should be all in terms of boot files. If you're using patched kexts in L/E or S/L/E (although I prefer using Clover injection for that) you might want to do it for 10.13, as well. If you don't need that, well, I think that's pretty much it.

Thanks!

I have tried that but I'm stuck on this:

I tried to remove some patches boot with cpus=1 / nv_disable=1 etc.

Do you know what can be the problem?

BTW, the boot recognize NVDA driver and load it thats mean NVIDIA card will work?

Thanks

post-474300-0-01767200-1504092490_thumb.jpg

Yes you can use the same EFI folder on the USB to make the HDD bootable. or you can install the latest version of the clover on your HDD and replace these folders and files from the USB:

ACPI

Config.plist

Kexts

Themes

if you are using any special drivers such as apps.efi then you can replace the drivers as well.

Thanks, works. :)

• Like 1

Has anyone found a work around for applying hard drive icons?

The usual method of copy > get info > paste isn't working for me  :wallbash:

I guess those icns file you are using are actually the png files with the .icns extensions that might be the cause for it not working.

Try one of the icon files inside the following file:

If you can change the icon of a hard drive using one of those icons then my assumption would be correct.

/System/Library/CoreServices/

Sound a bit like the problem i had with my laptop, failing to load kernel cache. I just reinstalled over the top as i couldn't boot into single user mode.

I’ve found that OSXAptiofixDrv works flawlessly on my box when using config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

fusion71au, on 30 Aug 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

snapback.png

Have you tried replacing AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328 from Public Beta1?

Thank. I try but don't work.

I think  there is a issue with AHCIPortInjector.kext for my Asmedia1061. Intel 7 series work. Under Sierra, this kext work fine and under High Sierra Beta 8 is only show Asmedia1062. I download this kext on download section but no update since november 2016. I don't test booting directly.

Edit: Asmedia1061-Asmedia1062 with with AHCIPortInjector.kext. Since beta 7 and of course with Beta 8, I can no longer use the hot-plugging of internal hard drives. I can't insert HDD when High Sierra is running. Does anyone even have same problem? Hot-pluggging HDD work like a charm under Sierra.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Update from existing 12.6 to 10.13 worked flawless this time. Im very happy because no-need to reinstall any software. :)

update 12.6 to 13 from applestore ? i dont have update

In that case, with all the new clover boot loaders it's better to use the OSXAptiofixDrv.efi

And about the tool, you don't need to run it in the  single-user mode boot into macOS normally and run the app.

"new clover boot loaders it's better to use the OSXAptiofixDrv.efi". This is also valid for my config: with aptiofix2, I can boot with -x  :(