Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

so guys the new version of the driver is out! it adds support to multiple sample rates and also to swich beetween them, respect to previous posts i have also added more frequencyes to the driver so you will not have any complain about missing sample rate frequencyes, it's all there, the only one which i can't get to work is 192 khz, but to let you test it you can use the -kxbeta boot arg with this new driver which makes available the 192 khz frequency, here is also, but by default it's disabled as you can see in this code (which adds all the available frequencyes) from the audio engline cpp file.

#define N_FREQUENCYES 18

int supportedRates[N_FREQUNCYES] = { 64000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 8000, 9600, 11025, 12000, 16000, 18900, 22050, 24000, 32000, 37800, 44056, 44100, 48000};

if (!hw->testImputs){
	supportedRates[4] = 0;
}

if (!hw->is_10k2){
    supportedRates[0] = 0;
    supportedRates[1] =  0;
    supportedRates[2] =  0;
    supportedRates[3] =  0;
    supportedRates[4] =  0;
}

for (int i=0; i<N_FREQUNCYES; i++){
	if (supportedRates[i] > 100){
    	IOAudioSampleRate optRate;

optRate.fraction = 0;
        optRate.whole = supportedRates[i];

audioStream->addAvailableFormat(&format, &optRate, &optRate);
	}
}

I have also creted my fork of the kx audio driver on github and i have merged my modded code in it, so for source code of this driver check this repo:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver

if you mode any usefoul modification to thse driver which can help, please provvide me the source code or something like that, i will add it to my mod as well.

I have also updated the first post of this thread to include the new release and github info (but i still have to update the release in the downloads section)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, semson said:

Hello @ITzTravelInTime, couldn't find the binary kext, do I have to wait for "release" section ready?

look at the links in the first post of this thread, you find a direct download link (not that from the insanelymac downloads, which i need to updade)

if you need a post with the direct download of the updated kext and installer pack, here it is, you find it also in the 1st post of this thread and the source code is on github (look previous post)

kext download link:          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/av6uu4y7izyd4tn/kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

installer pack download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dgksdisrceocgk8/Installer pack.zip

On 3/19/2018 at 7:58 PM, RomichA said:

is it possible to change default sample rate from 48.000? Pro tools says:

"Could not create a new document because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified value.."

This parameter is locked in audio/midi setup.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:15 PM, RomichA said:

But in this case Pro tools can open session with different sample rate without problem and any latency :) for me it's good! Hope this will be helpful for someone else 

On 4/14/2018 at 5:42 AM, zixiang5288 said:

take alook at the new driver version and to my new branch of the project, links in the 1st post of the thread

55 minutes ago, semson said:

Thanks @TzTravelInTime. Installed to Clover kext folder and got it working with CT4830  :)

which driver version are you using?

Thanks for your effort what you have done.

My os version is 10.12.6 and pc platform is x58 the sound blaster is sb0610.

Something wrong occurred .The last row is system uptime in nanoseconds,it occured after I drag it into the efi/clover/kexts/other.

I can't upload the files, so I upload them at my own blog .http://luer.cf/error-and-efi/

Forgive my poor English

Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, JLuer said:

Thanks for your effort what you have done.

My os version is 10.12.6 and pc platform is x58 the sound blaster is sb0610.

Something wrong occurred .The last row is system uptime in nanoseconds,it occured after I drag it into the efi/clover/kexts/other.

I can't upload the files, so I upload them at my own blog .http://luer.cf/error-and-efi/

Forgive my poor English

Thanks a lot.

the kernel panic is not related to the kx audio driver, i do not read anything in the log that tells me that the kernel panic comes from the kx audio driver, it seems to be some sort of usb-related issue and also your clover configuration and kexts does not seems to be done properly, you made a mess of kexts and settings in clover that is not needed for your system, i suggest to you to ask help to someone here one forum and made a better clover and kexts setup, i have no experience working on a hackintosh with the x58 platofrom so i can't help you so much, but i think that the issue is related to semthing wrong in yout clover setup.

using an X-Fi Extreme on 10.13.4. The card is not recognized by OSX. No devices shows up on audio.

The card shows up as CA0110 when viewed under Linux using lspci -nn -vvv | grep -i "creative"

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thanks

9 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

using an X-Fi Extreme on 10.13.4. The card is not recognized by OSX. No devices shows up on audio.

The card shows up as CA0110 when viewed under Linux using lspci -nn -vvv | grep -i "creative"

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thanks

it can't work on mac using this driver (the kx audio driver mod), this driver is specifically made for emu 10kx based cards, and no cards from the x-fi series is supported by it, some x-fi cards works using a modded version of voodoo hda, i have attached here, but i can't gurantee that it will work, if you need a sound card on pcie for mac os you can use the audigy rx with this driver (but the driver have supports only for the outputs) or you can use a professional grade cards with official mac os support like the esi maya44 xte/xe but you will  not have mutch luck with most sb x-fi cards

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Typhoon_Master said:

Is there any card, where microphone is working?

basically any card supported by this driver do not have working inputs in mac os, because of the driver in his mac os side has inputs support not complitely implemented, and i am trying to make it to work, but there are other casrds,supported by other drivers with working inputs on mac os

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, xiucai said:

AUDIGY FX or Audigy 5 Can it be driven

Thanks

1216CBEEE58E.png

4BF35BD15472.png

The audigy RX yes it works using this driver (in fact i won one and i made a some changes to the original kx audio driver specifically for this card) the audigy fx no, and there is no way to make it to work using thjis driver because it's based on a realtek sound architecture and not a creative 10kX or compatible architecture, so the audigy 5 rx sb1550 is fine, while the audigy fx is not suported by this driver, note that this driver currently does not supports audio inputs on mac os for any card, so what you will get are just working outputs and nothing else, and also some particular cards sone features missing like midi support

44 minutes ago, xiucai said:

AUDIGY FX or Audigy 5 Can it be driven

Thanks

Look at the #1 post of this thread to have more info about sound cards supported by this driver

Hello. There is a sound card creative sb audigy 0090 (0092). Installed your driver, but only one green output works. How do I get the other output of this card to work? Or is it impossible? Please help. Thank you.

7 hours ago, serge555 said:

Hello. There is a sound card creative sb audigy 0090 (0092). Installed your driver, but only one green output works. How do I get the other output of this card to work? Or is it impossible? Please help. Thank you.

you have to go in a system app called midi configuration, in that app you can set the card to use other oputputs, if you do not want to use the grenn output you have to set the card for 2.1 channels and then assign the the correct chennel numbers for the output you want to use, if you want to use all the outputs at the same time you can try with a 5.1 speckaer setup, but you have to own a 5.1 setero setup and also you need to play something on mac os which provvides outputs for all the speackers of the setup like a movie on dvd or blue ray, but all the audio ouputs are working, inluding digital spdf in you have the needed adapter for this card

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've installed your driver in my hackintosh 10.13.6 into clover kext folder and I can see my audio card output into the preferences panel audio devices but I've no audio signal!

My audio card is a Creative E-MU 1212m Audio Midi PCI Sound Card Set - Model Em8960 & Em8980.

Schermata 2018-07-13 alle 09.03.30.png

4 hours ago, iltenente said:

Hello, I've installed your driver in my hackintosh 10.13.6 into clover kext folder and I can see my audio card output into the preferences panel audio devices but I've no audio signal!

My audio card is a Creative E-MU 1212m Audio Midi PCI Sound Card Set - Model Em8960 & Em8980.

Schermata 2018-07-13 alle 09.03.30.png

Probably you should assign the rigth channels to the audio output using the midi configuration app or to use different audio outputs, but the driver is working as expected if it is showing up the card in the settings, ands i speack italian too if you prefer

On 7/13/2018 at 1:33 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Probably you should assign the rigth channels to the audio output using the midi configuration app or to use different audio outputs, but the driver is working as expected if it is showing up the card in the settings, ands i speack italian too if you prefer

A me sembra tutto ok ma il suono non esce ne se setto gli altoparlanti stereo ne come surround!

Schermata 2018-07-15 alle 11.57.46.png

Just now, iltenente said:

A me sembra tutto ok ma il suono non esce ne se setto gli altoparlanti stereo ne come surround!

dovresti usare la funzione configura altoparlanti in configurazione midi per assegnare i canali giusti agli altoparlanti principali, o all'uscita dove li hai collegati, poi per attivare il sorround dovresti impostarlo sempre con configura altoparlanti e poi con quelche file di test 5.1 o 7.1 dovresti vedere a quali canali corrisponde l'uscita che usi e magari fare in questo modo per trovare quali sono i canali giusti, devi solo fare prove per capire quali sono le impostazioni giuste da usare

8 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

dovresti usare la funzione configura altoparlanti in configurazione midi per assegnare i canali giusti agli altoparlanti principali, o all'uscita dove li hai collegati, poi per attivare il sorround dovresti impostarlo sempre con configura altoparlanti e poi con quelche file di test 5.1 o 7.1 dovresti vedere a quali canali corrisponde l'uscita che usi e magari fare in questo modo per trovare quali sono i canali giusti, devi solo fare prove per capire quali sono le impostazioni giuste da usare

Innanzi tutto grazie per l'aiuto!

Io ho provato a cambiare i canali degli altoparlanti facendo tutte le combinazioni possibili ma niente, ho anche provato a cambiare le frequenze di campionamento ma senza risultato.

Mi è anche venuto il dubbio che l'uscita non funzionasse e quindi, potendo fare il doppio boot ho avviato in windows 10 su cui funzionano i vecchi drivers della Creative e tutto suona perfettamente (canali di uscita 1 e 2 come inizialmente impostato su osx). La cosa strana è che nel precedente osx Sierra i vecchi Kxdriver funzionavano da subito, senza nessun settagio.

Edited by iltenente

Testing the new driver I must say that sample rate switching is incredibly helpful, thank you so much for implementation!

I do however still get crackling sound after longer periods of uptime, especially combined with the computer being sent to sleep mode during night. It's minor compared to the old kX driver, but still existent. Reproduce-able on both my old Core2Quad and new i5 8400 system (using Audigy 2 and 4).

2 hours ago, marvelloard said:

Testing the new driver I must say that sample rate switching is incredibly helpful, thank you so much for implementation!

I do however still get crackling sound after longer periods of uptime, especially combined with the computer being sent to sleep mode during night. It's minor compared to the old kX driver, but still existent. Reproduce-able on both my old Core2Quad and new i5 8400 system (using Audigy 2 and 4).

yes i already know about thre crasking issue, i do not know which is the cause, but i have managed to improve it making it less frequent.

• Like 1