Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, >Alejandro said:

Recording and playback use the same audio engine, so the buffer size should be the same for both recording and playback. The maximum size of the buffer for the record which we can specify is 65,536 bytes.

Thank you for your reply, I am not a professional programmer, I don’t really understand where to modify.

22 minutes ago, maxdaniel said:

Thank you for your reply, I am not a professional programmer, I don’t really understand where to modify.

What kind of sound card do you have? Recording and playback should work well at 48 kHz.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Will this work on "Creative 4.1 Sound Blaster SB128PCI CT4750" ?  Thanks.

It doesn't and I am not aware of any solution which will make it work with modern macOS versions. To check if a card is compatible check it's chipset model first, it must be in the emu 10k1, 10k2, 10k8 family of chipsets, if you are looking for some cheap pci cards to use with this driver just go with a sound blaster live or an audigy card

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2019 at 7:59 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

It doesn't and I am not aware of any solution which will make it work with modern macOS versions. To check if a card is compatible check it's chipset model first, it must be in the emu 10k1, 10k2, 10k8 family of chipsets, if you are looking for some cheap pci cards to use with this driver just go with a sound blaster live or an audigy card

Thank you for drivers. Where i can download a latest driver for Mojave to RX ?

1 hour ago, wnbc said:

Thank you for drivers. Where i can download a latest driver for Mojave to RX ?

Try alejandro's driver here, but it's not optimized for the audigy rx, i have to mod it a bit to support better the rx (by default it doesn't support all the outputs, a little patch will make them work) but it's agood driver you can try https://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/e-mu-1616-driver-working-inputs.247780/

8 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Try alejandro's driver here, but it's not optimized for the audigy rx, i have to mod it a bit to support better the rx (by default it doesn't support all the outputs, a little patch will make them work) but it's agood driver you can try https://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/e-mu-1616-driver-working-inputs.247780/

plese modthese driver for rx. I use 5.1 (3 output). Thx

Edited by wnbc

1 minute ago, wnbc said:

plese modthese driver for rx. I use 5.1 (3 output). Thx

I have a mod of an older version of the driver, it works but it lacks some features of the latest version (maily other smplerates and fixes for the inputs), what i need to get now is just the updated source code of the latest one and some time to mod and test it, and alejandro's driver for nuw supports the back ports of the rx just fine, what isn't supported are the front panel case headphones connector which works just with the mod

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

I have a mod of an older version of the driver, it works but it lacks some features of the latest version (maily other smplerates and fixes for the inputs), what i need to get now is just the updated source code of the latest one and some time to mod and test it, and alejandro's driver for nuw supports the back ports of the rx just fine, what isn't supported are the front panel case headphones connector which works just with the mod 

i wait your latest mod. :)

Edited by wnbc

4 hours ago, wnbc said:

i wait your latest mod. :)

The mod is ready, i took my time to fix some things in the code of the latest build i have, and i got the custom sample rate bootarg to work finally and i have also polished a few things a bit in the code, now it's tested and working, i have modified a few things from alejandro's release:

Bootargs added:

-kxoff bootarg to avoid the kext being activated in case of problems

_kxcl=[numbers here with the channels assigments] this one is used to reassign channels to different outputs, you can use this in case of non working audio jacks, the default value for this is 23674589, so we have channels 2 to 9 we can assign, the position into the string indicates the cahnnel to which each output is assigned, for example output 2 and 3 are assigned to chennels 1 and 2 and 6 and 7 are ssigned to chennels 3 and 4, this is usefoul also because the equivalent feature offered by mac os is very buggy.

_kxcsr=[six digits number of the sample rate to add to the sample rates supported by the card], the number must be something like 007000 or 046000, the values already supported by the card will be ignored, the sample rate must be also higher than 1000 and lower than 176400 or it will be ignored.

Other things improoved from the last source code i have from Alejandro are:

- Fixed consumer cards supports

- Added more smapling rates [consumer cards only]

- Improoved audigy RX support

- More user-friendly nameing for the sound cards inside the settings

You find just the kext attached to this post

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

On 9/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

The mod is ready, i took my time to fix some things in the code of the latest build i have, and i got the custom sample rate bootarg to work finally and i have also polished a few things a bit in the code, now it's tested and working, i have modified a few things from alejandro's release:

Bootargs added:

-kxoff bootarg to avoid the kext being activated in case of problems

_kxcl=[numbers here with the channels assigments] this one is used to reassign channels to different outputs, you can use this in case of non working audio jacks, the default value for this is 23674589, so we have channels 2 to 9 we can assign, the position into the string indicates the cahnnel to which each output is assigned, for example output 2 and 3 are assigned to chennels 1 and 2 and 6 and 7 are ssigned to chennels 3 and 4, this is usefoul also because the equivalent feature offered by mac os is very buggy.

_kxcsr=[six digits number of the sample rate to add to the sample rates supported by the card], the number must be something like 007000 or 046000, the values already supported by the card will be ignored, the sample rate must be also higher than 1000 and lower than 176400 or it will be ignored.

Other things improoved from the last source code i have from Alejandro are:

- Fixed consumer cards supports

- Added more smapling rates [consumer cards only]

- Improoved audigy RX support

- More user-friendly nameing for the sound cards inside the settings

You find just the kext attached to this post

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

Tried this for audigy rx on mojave ! works great !
Mic seemed muted although i could see input in sound preferences, but then I opened AC 97 app and unmuted it.

My only problem now is that i can hear myself in speakers, and if i disabled rec panel in AC 97 app input is all muted.

@ITzTravelInTime .  help :(

35 minutes ago, nullkuhl said:

Tried this for audigy rx on mojave ! works great !
Mic seemed muted although i could see input in sound preferences, but then I opened AC 97 app and unmuted it.

My only problem now is that i can hear myself in speakers, and if i disabled rec panel in AC 97 app input is all muted.

@ITzTravelInTime .  help :(

You can leave recording enabled and just disable the mic, that app allows for some flexibility

18 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

You can leave recording enabled and just disable the mic, that app allows for some flexibility

I tried that but whether i enable or disable mic it doesnt affect it.

I also i started facing a new problem, when playing some music tracks or youtube videos there is alot of cracking sounds

8 hours ago, nullkuhl said:

I tried that but whether i enable or disable mic it doesnt affect it.

I also i started facing a new problem, when playing some music tracks or youtube videos there is alot of cracking sounds

For the mic look at the mic square into the ac97 app, it should have a small button in green, click it to make it gray, this should disable the hearing of the mic, and then i don't know for youtube, it wirely never happened in my testing it just worked fine, i suggest to you to set the card at 48khz into the midi setup app built into macos

Hi ITzTravelInTime

Hope all is well - I hope you don't mind but I'm struggling a little bit with my EMU 0404 and getting the input to work, do you know if there is something specific that I should be doing? I noticed that you have one? I tried to ask at Hardware Heaven and Alejandro but it won't let me sign up unfortunately.

Also while I'm being cheeky could I ask you how you got your Maya 44 xte to work? My buffer settings give me really large latency. Much higher than my firewire device.

I.m using Mojave.

Thanks in advance,

MArk

2 hours ago, untidymusic said:

Hi ITzTravelInTime

Hope all is well - I hope you don't mind but I'm struggling a little bit with my EMU 0404 and getting the input to work, do you know if there is something specific that I should be doing? I noticed that you have one? I tried to ask at Hardware Heaven and Alejandro but it won't let me sign up unfortunately.

Also while I'm being cheeky could I ask you how you got your Maya 44 xte to work? My buffer settings give me really large latency. Much higher than my firewire device.

I.m using Mojave.

Thanks in advance,

MArk

For the e-mu card you should use the ac97 utility and the other utility made by alejandro for professional cards, make sure to run the e-mu executable after installing the driver to have the card to work.

For the maya i don't know, i just plugged mine in and installed the latest offficial drivers (from september 2017)which still works great in catalina beta, you are supposed to use the utility installed by the driver installer into the apps folder to configure the card to use it then.

Thanks so much for your quick reply and patience, I really appreciate it.

For the e-mu card you should use the ac97 utility and the other utility made by alejandro for professional cards, make sure to run the e-mu executable after installing the driver to have the card to work.

Which driver do I install first? I have run the emu executable but still get no input? Is there something else I should be doing?

AC97 just says testing and I can't find anything on Alejandro's app.

Thanks again,

Mark

13 hours ago, untidymusic said:

Thanks so much for your quick reply and patience, I really appreciate it.

Which driver do I install first? I have run the emu executable but still get no input? Is there something else I should be doing?

AC97 just says testing and I can't find anything on Alejandro's app.

Thanks again,

Mark

Seems like ac97 doesn't detect the card, i have to find some time to test this since i have 2 of those 0404 but if the ac97 doesn't detect the card you can't get inputs to work, for a driver i suggest you to install my latest driver using the installer by alejandro and the emu executable made by him, if you are still having problems, try using sierra kext utility to rebuild kernel cache after the driver instalaltion and run the emu executable after a reboot, or just install the driver into the clover's kext folder and then run the emu executable after a reboot, i am currently using this driver into clover's kext folder without any problems on any of my build right now.

Hi again,

On 9/21/2019 at 10:29 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Seems like ac97 doesn't detect the card, i have to find some time to test this since i have 2 of those 0404 but if the ac97 doesn't detect the card you can't get inputs to work, for a driver i suggest you to install my latest driver using the installer by alejandro and the emu executable made by him, if you are still having problems, try using sierra kext utility to rebuild kernel cache after the driver instalaltion and run the emu executable after a reboot, or just install the driver into the clover's kext folder and then run the emu executable after a reboot, i am currently using this driver into clover's kext folder without any problems on any of my build right now.

Thank you so much for responding, I tried all that you advised and I'm really struggling. I think it might be my set up? I can get audio out but no audio i still. If you do get time to check with your 0404 that would be brilliant, Thank you.

19 hours ago, >Alejandro said:

No need use AC97 for e-mu cards. untidymusic, I sent a test version for 0404 to you in PM.

Hi, thanks so much for responding. Unfortunately I am still in same position. I think it might be somthing I am doing or not doing that is the problem?

I am getting output and it is showing inputs but I don't have any audio coming from the inputs - Is it because I am using the breakout cable? Should I be using a dock?

Many thanks for you time,

Mark