Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, friends. There is a sound card SB Audigy 4 model 0610 with an E-MU chip. And there is also a Creative T6300 5.1 RTL system. Only sound 2.0 works for me with this driver. I can not achieve 5.1 sound. Or at least so that music plays in all the speakers: the sound comes from only two out of five. In windows 7, everything works well. How to make sure that all speakers have 2.0 sound? Thx so much.
Edited by serge555

3 hours ago, serge555 said:

Hello everyone, friends. There is a sound card SB Audigy 4 model 0610 with an E-MU chip. And there is also a Creative T6300 5.1 RTL system. Only sound 2.0 works for me with this driver. I can not achieve 5.1 sound. Or at least so that music plays in all the speakers: the sound comes from only two out of five. In windows 7, everything works well. How to make sure that all speakers have 2.0 sound? Thx so much.

Have you setted the outputs into the system's midi configuration app? the card defaults to 2.0 speackers into this settings, and also try the new driver version

4 hours ago, serge555 said:

I'm using the new kx driver. But there is stereo sound from only two speakers. Is it possible to make sound 2.0 come from all the speakers. 3 speakers are silent at any settings. Creative T6300 5.1 System

I know your issue, once you set all the stereo speakers in midi configuration you have to play back an audio source which is 5.1/7.1 stereo, so it will work with dvds for example but not with youtube videos, it's not the driver's fault it's a wired thing done by the os.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

has_surdac = 1 ; 休息; 案例0x80621102 // [22]

你好,首先感谢您的付出,我是sb1550 安装了您在几个月前回帖中发布的最新驱动,声音可以输出也可以输入,输入也还算正常。但是输入的时候音响有 噪音,还有kx manager 打开是空白,是否正常。现在是否有像windows版本的接线图?
kx97 是否有最新的版本,感觉设置有些bug。

我现在的系统版本是10.14,是否有不兼容的地方,如果是的话,能否更新相关内容。
来自翻译软件,英文不好,请见谅。

Hello, first of all thank you for your contribution, I am sb1550 installed the latest driver that you posted in the reply a few months ago, the sound can be output or input, the input is still normal. However, the sound is noisy when inputting, and the kx manager is blank and normal. Is there a wiring diagram like the windows version?
Whether kx97 has the latest version, I feel that there are some bugs in the settings.

My current system version is 10.14, is there any incompatibility, and if so, can I update the relevant content.
From translation software, English is not good, please forgive me.

shengka.png

shengkamaike.png

QQ20191026-163551.png

Edited by Andytian
translate

1 hour ago, Andytian said:

你好,首先感谢您的付出,我是sb1550 安装了您在几个月前回帖中发布的最新驱动,声音可以输出也可以输入,输入也还算正常。但是输入的时候音响有 噪音,还有kx manager 打开是空白,是否正常。现在是否有像windows版本的接线图?
kx97 是否有最新的版本,感觉设置有些bug。

我现在的系统版本是10.14,是否有不兼容的地方,如果是的话,能否更新相关内容。
来自翻译软件,英文不好,请见谅。

Hello, first of all thank you for your contribution, I am sb1550 installed the latest driver that you posted in the reply a few months ago, the sound can be output or input, the input is still normal. However, the sound is noisy when inputting, and the kx manager is blank and normal. Is there a wiring diagram like the windows version?
Whether kx97 has the latest version, I feel that there are some bugs in the settings.

My current system version is 10.14, is there any incompatibility, and if so, can I update the relevant content.
From translation software, English is not good, please forgive me.

1) This driver is very unlike the windows version

2) you don't have the kx manger implemented in any way, so do not use that, just use the kx ac97 app, you have to play for a while with the settings to find optimal ones but don't expect clean audio or perfectly working inputs, thanks to the hard work of @>Alejandro we have some way of using them (but just at 48kz as sample rate)

3) you are using an old driver version, you find the latest one attached here to this post, it's bundled with the install utilityes made by @>Alejandro and his mods of the other programs including his custom setup program for professional grade sound cards and it includes all my mods for the driver, and unlike the old version you were using, it includes inputs support (which works properly just at 48k as sample rate).

It's all for now i think, try this new driver and the updated utilityes

kXAudioDriver.kext(1).zip

16 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

1)此驱动程序与Windows版本非常不同

2)您没有以任何方式实现kx管理器,因此请不要使用它,只需使用kx ac97应用程序,您就必须使用设置进行播放一段时间才能找到最佳设置,但是不要期望音频干净或完美工作的输入,由于@> Alejandro的辛勤工作,我们有了一些使用它们的方法(但采样率仅为48kz)

3)您使用的是旧的驱动程序版本,在此处找到最新的驱动程序版本,该驱动程序与@> Alejandro制造的安装实用程序以及他的其他程序的模块捆绑在一起,包括他的专业级声卡定制安装程序和它包含了我所有的驱动程序mod,并且与您使用的旧版本不同,它包含了输入支持(以48k的采样率正常工作)。

我想现在就全部了,尝试使用此新驱动程序和更新的实用dareThank you

1) This driver is very unlike the windows version

2) you don't have the kx manger implemented in any way, so do not use that, just use the kx ac97 app, you have to play for a while with the settings to find optimal ones but don't expect clean audio or perfectly working inputs, thanks to the hard work of @>Alejandro we have some way of using them (but just at 48kz as sample rate)

3) you are using an old driver version, you find the latest one attached here to this post, it's bundled with the install utilityes made by @>Alejandro and his mods of the other programs including his custom setup program for professional grade sound cards and it includes all my mods for the driver, and unlike the old version you were using, it includes inputs support (which works properly just at 48k as sample rate).

It's all for now i think, try this new driver and the updated utilityes

Thank you. I'll try now

1)此驱动程序与Windows版本非常不同

2)您没有以任何方式实现kx管理器,因此请不要使用它,只需使用kx ac97应用程序,您就必须使用设置进行播放一段时间才能找到最佳设置,但不要期望声音干净或完美工作的输入,由于@> Alejandro的辛勤工作,我们有了一些使用它们的方法(但采样率仅为48kz)

3)您使用的是旧的驱动程序版本,您可以在此处找到最新的驱动程序版本,该驱动程序与@> Alejandro制作的安装实用程序以及他的其他程序的模块捆绑在一起,包括他为专业级声卡定制的安装程序以及它包含了我所有的驱动程序mod,并且与您使用的旧版本不同,它包含了输入支持(以48k的采样率正常工作)。

我想现在就全部了,尝试使用此新驱动程序和更新的实用程序

I am using this driver now, and I don't use the old version, so ac 97 has the latest version, adapt to 1550

8 hours ago, Andytian said:

Is there any difference between this version and the version on September 10? I see the creation date of this version is September 9

no but this is also the version i am using from months on my sound blaster audigy rx setup and is working absolutely fine, i wanted to give you something which has been tested better and also let you have the latest updated utilityes

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, norcimo said:

Hello.  Great work. Working fine with Catalina.  

Ill post more details of my system once its all completed. I'm using Audigy 2 ZS with the Optical output hack add-on card.

Thank you

I have to say that tha's not an hack it just uses an spdf signal which is provvided by the card, so it's more using a feature, rather than hacking to get a feature

For the driver i am trying to get my mountail lion installation up and running because it will allow me to build an universal version of the driver which will work with old 32 bit mac os versions, i'd like to get it working with power pc honestly since the most suitable original macs to run those cards are the power pc based ones

6 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

What's different in this one?

For some reason, when watching a video on YouTube, the number of sound samples that should be converted by the clipOutputSamples function decreases (I checked this). This is most likely the source of the problem. Perhaps in some systems this reduction is critical. I added a call to the setMixClipOverhead function with a value of 50, the default value is 10. But I did not see any difference. Maybe someone definitely has a problem, something could change. If not, then we need to look in the other direction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tripboy808 said:

Hello. The driver does not start immediately. After 3 times reboot only starts. Tell me what the problem is.

I think the card is not making proper contact with the pci slot, this happened to me a lot using some older systems, to fix it try to move the card into the slot and try to make it fit tighter.

And also use this driver instead:

On 11/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, >Alejandro said:

Try this driver. Better than it was or not?

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

On 11/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, >Alejandro said:

Try this driver. Better than it was or not?

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

Hi have you uploaded the updated source code on github?

I'd like to keep my fork updated as well and i have a few things i want you to merge in your fork

EDIT:

I have also updated my fork on github to include what i worked on for my fork

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver

Edited by ITzTravelInTime

20 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi have you uploaded the updated source code on github?

I'd like to keep my fork updated as well and i have a few things i want you to merge in your fork

EDIT:

I have also updated my fork on github to include what i worked on for my fork

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver

Hi! Not yet, I will do it soon. There is only one change - 192 kHz playback for consumer cards.

I continue to work on supporting E-MU cards in my free time, there is a positive result, but still a lot of work.
  • Like 3

After installing on Catalina I can see the kext in system preferences, audio configures as sound output but there's no sound input. as well as although there's sound output in audio configured I don't hear any sound. can you please upload. is there a way to fix it? thanks

Edited by sounderson

50 minutes ago, sounderson said:

After installing on Catalina I can see the kext in system preferences, audio configures as sound output but there's no sound input. as well as although there's sound output in audio configured I don't hear any sound. can you please upload. is there a way to fix it? thanks

Use ac97.app for input. You can take it here This application allows you to select the input source.