Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

587 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm using Hackintosh High Sierra and I have Sound Blaster Audigy RX. I installed "Kx audio driver mod" (from installer.sh and put kext to EFI) and now I have audio output, but no one input devices found. What I can repair input?

My sound card: "Sound Blaster Audigy RX SB1550 10k2 CA10300"

My config.plist: https://pastebin.com/S1t5MT7x

if you have read inputs with this driver will not work, neither using the original kx audio driver, and it's not a thing about clover or sound card model, that's a limitation that comes from the original kx audio driver that I have been trying to solve for months without success, I am sorry for that, but all the outputs will work great, also in 7.1 or 5.1 mode and also the optical out as well

You are better off with a USB or onboard sound.

for recording I agree with you, but if your use is only outputs and playback, the sound cards compatible with this driver sounds great and are actually cheaper than most of the decent usb audio solutions, and also they have a better amp than on board audio, so for now for playback only users that cards are very good and some of them on ebay are actually reasonably cheap for example the first sound blaster audigy series or live series,

Hello,I'am using high sierra and i have audigy 2 zs(sb0350),I installed "Kx audio driver mod" (from installer.sh and put kext to EFI) ,but there is no sound in the system. What I can repair it?

THX!

kext injection may not always work with some audio drivers, because of library dependancies, so try to put back the kext to s/l/e and then repair permissions and reboot, also check that the card is properly plugged in and the audio jack in in the right hole

kext injection may not always work with some audio drivers, because of library dependancies, so try to put back the kext to s/l/e and then repair permissions and reboot, also check that the card is properly plugged in and the audio jack in in the right hole

I connected the headphones to all the outputs, but there are no sound anywhere. Only on the Digital Out is a veeeeeery quiet sound with white noise.

I connected the headphones to all the outputs, but there are no sound anywhere. Only on the Digital Out is a veeeeeery quiet sound with white noise.

that's normal for the digital out, have you tried to put back the kext in the folder /System/Library/Extensions and then repair permissions and kernel cache (you can repair permissions and kext cache using the app called sierra kext utility, you find it in this forum) and the reboot? Because in some cases this kext can have issues in being loaded from clover's kext directories

and also do you see the audio output for the sound card in the sound settings?

that's normal for the digital out, have you tried to put back the kext in the folder /System/Library/Extensions and then repair permissions and kernel cache (you can repair permissions and kext cache using the app called sierra kext utility, you find it in this forum) and the reboot? Because in some cases this kext can have issues in being loaded from clover's kext directories

and also do you see the audio output for the sound card in the sound settings?

First of all, thank you for your reply. I've put the kext in the s/l/e and folder /System/Library/Extensions and then repair permissions and kernel cache . The sound card can also be seen in the volume control panel, but without output control

ok, for volume stuff you just need to go into the app called midi configuration, you find it preinstalled in your system, just use spotlight to find it, and also in that app set the outputs to work in stern or 2.1 one mode with 2 speakers, then plug your headphones or speakers into the main output of the sound card in the back side of the computer, select the sound card as main output and try again, and also the master volume control will work, try it and le me know and also send me some screenshots of the sound settings, system informations app into the audio section, with the sound card selected, and also of what do you see if you select the sound card into the midi configuration app

ok, for volume stuff you just need to go into the app called midi configuration, you find it preinstalled in your system, just use spotlight to find it, and also in that app set the outputs to work in stern or 2.1 one mode with 2 speakers, then plug your headphones or speakers into the main output of the sound card in the back side of the computer, select the sound card as main output and try again, and also the master volume control will work, try it and le me know and also send me some screenshots of the sound settings, system informations app into the audio section, with the sound card selected, and also of what do you see if you select the sound card into the midi configuration app

My PC has sound now,but the setting are strange. Look at the pic please.

post-978718-0-06750000-1511533175_thumb.png

settings seems to be as they are supposed to be, you do not have the slider because it's an 8 channels device and not 2 channel, only devices with 2 channels have sliders in the settings

OK,One more question.

When i installing the kext with install.sh.

I am type the Y(Installs kexts and all the needed libraries) and press enter.

My pc will be restart right now.

I can confirm that card could not work in some cases.

As mentioned on another forum the problem is AppleHPET.kext.

System can not detect sound card.

When AppleHPET.kext removed cards works, however PC goes to reboot in 50-70 seconds.

Advice about removing AppleHPET.kext and/or adding  <key>FixHPET</key><false/> to clover-config does not help (reboots)

Kind of solution is when AppleHPET.kext installed in CLOVER folder and KxAudioDriver.kext installed in /S/L/E.

System works fine (no reboots during around 2 hours of working and playing sound, I will test tomorrow for full day)

It was tested on:

Audio 2 zs

HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT (with the latest BIOS)

El Capitan (with all latest updates)

Clover (the latest version v2.4k_r4318)

DSDT not patched, and generated SSDT for 3770

EDIT:
I was working and playing sound during 11 hours. Works fine, no reboots.

• Like 1

I can confirm that card could not work in some cases.

As mentioned on another forum the problem is AppleHPET.kext.

System can not detect sound card.

When AppleHPET.kext removed cards works, however PC goes to reboot in 50-70 seconds.

Advice about removing AppleHPET.kext and/or adding  <key>FixHPET</key><false/> to clover-config does not help (reboots)

Kind of solution is when AppleHPET.kext installed in CLOVER folder and KxAudioDriver.kext installed in /S/L/E.

System works fine (no reboots during around 2 hours of working and playing sound, I will test tomorrow for full day)

It was tested on:

Audio 2 zs

HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT (with the latest BIOS)

El Capitan (with all latest updates)

Clover (the latest version v2.4k_r4318)

DSDT not patched, and generated SSDT for 3770

strange on my testing system it do not requires fixed to the HPET, maybe it's an issue only for some systems, like yours, i tested the driver only with asus and dfi lanparty boards that do not need that to get the driver to work, so some systems may need that, but the issue may be inside the system api for some motherboards

strange on my testing system it do not requires fixed to the HPET, maybe it's an issue only for some systems, like yours, i tested the driver only with asus and dfi lanparty boards that do not need that to get the driver to work, so some systems may need that, but the issue may be inside the system api for some motherboards

I think yes, this could be related to some specific systems.

For guys, how are not lucky to see sound card detected by system, try to remove AppleHPET.kext and see result (do not forget to rebuild cache). However, by aware, that PC could could go to reboot, so prepare tools to restore it.

To ITzTravelInTimerespect that you spend you private time and voluntarily continue supporting this project.

To guys who can not get it worked: please, stop demanding solution, people do not have to provide it, they can help if they want.

• Like 1

thank you for your support and for understanding my point of view, i have also edited the first post of the thread as well to inform about the issue.

And i have also other projects to work on, because i am more skilled in app developing and front end stuff, i create mac apps,

like my app TINU that creates mac os installers

(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/?do=findComment&comment=2491600)

or my app VoodooTSCSync Configurator

(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323366-voodootscsync-configurator-create-a-custom-version-of-voodoo-tsc-sync/?do=findComment&comment=2416673)

I try to work on all the projects i can, guys, but i can not solve all the issues so that's why i need also you help in some situations

The kext is still working fine in latest Sierra, but I kindly wanted to ask if you're going to improve the driver as (very rarely now) still some buffer issues are happening.

i don't know what's the cause of that, i tried to make it to appear more rarely, by increasing the sample frames in the buffer, i have also tested the new version of the driver, i was working, and after some months it works fine, and also it has some new features, i think i am going to release that, soon

• 3 weeks later...

ok, here is the new driver, it features some new stuff, the main new feature is the boot args, now you can use some boot args to control the driver for some things, here are them:

-kx_disable or -kxdisable basically that args stops the driver before initializing the pci device, is like disabling the driver, that could be useful for who is having problems and do not want to use the safe mode or have problems in safe mode too

-kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec does basically show more info into the name of the device into the preferences

-kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta does enables experimental features, and it show up the input for the device into the audio settings, but support for the inputs is very unstable and do not works too and it will give you a kernel panic when you select the input from this device

-kx_original or -kxoriginal does disable my fix for the buffer issues and also some other edits i did from the original driver

other changes are the sound card names that now have been improved, and also some small bug fix from the previous version.

here are also the downloads for the 2 versions, installer pack and kext only.

Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions and also in some cases this driver is known to not work properly with kext injection in clover, so if it wont't load from clover, try installing in in /System/Library/Extensions

note that it's an experimental version, so i will update the other links in the first post soon, but i need to get some feedback first

Installer pack 2.zip

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

• Like 3

Hi!

What do you mean by "buffer issues"?

Hey,

sometimes audio gets corrupted during playback and sounds very distorted. There's a lot of stutter too. Usually stopping the playback and starting it again after some seconds solves the issue temporarily. It was a lot worse with the original kX driver, but it's still present in this version.

• Like 1

Hey,

sometimes audio gets corrupted during playback and sounds very distorted. There's a lot of stutter too. Usually stopping the playback and starting it again after some seconds solves the issue temporarily. It was a lot worse with the original kX driver, but it's still present in this version.

I was testing driver playing music during 12 hours. It was some king of stability-test because I had reboots when kx and AppleHPET installed in S/L/E (I put volume almost to 0, so do not know problems that you described, also for 1 hour when I used headphones did not hear problems with buffer). 

I will try to test during whole day next week with  headphones.

I was testing driver playing music during 12 hours. It was some king of stability-test because I had reboots when kx and AppleHPET installed in S/L/E (I put volume almost to 0, so do not know problems that you described, also for 1 hour when I used headphones did not hear problems with buffer). 

I will try to test during whole day next week with  headphones.

it happens only in some situations, but less frequently with some sound cards (like sound blaster live and other 10k1 cards), but maybe the HPET fix influenced that