Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

Hola, is it possible this driver doesn't work on AMD Ryzen powered Hackintosh machines? I'm running this clover EFI: https://github.com/sileshn/Ryzentosh and I never had such problems with kext like this. It simply doesn't work. I see the audigy rx card in pcie devices but without driver loaded. Sound card works well in windows. I placed kext into both OpenCore kext folder and library extensions. Sure I also tried the trick with permissions some pages back. Of course without any difference. When I disabled SIP, system was very slow and I wasnt able to open settings and most of the apps - its freezing. So I dont even know it it helped to the driver somehow.

image.thumb.png.95520cb5fa4d0649ccb5f96336ad197e.png

My setup is Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X, Radeon Rx6800 XT

Edited by 83427

2 hours ago, 83427 said:

Hola, is it possible this driver doesn't work on AMD Ryzen powered Hackintosh machines? I'm running this clover EFI: https://github.com/sileshn/Ryzentosh and I never had such problems with kext like this. It simply doesn't work. I see the audigy rx card in pcie devices but without driver loaded. Sound card works well in windows. I placed kext into both OpenCore kext folder and library extensions. Sure I also tried the trick with permissions some pages back. Of course without any difference. When I disabled SIP, system was very slow and I wasnt able to open settings and most of the apps - its freezing. So I dont even know it it helped to the driver somehow.

So there are 2 things to do:

1) The driver needs to be installed properly to /Library/Extensions from Big sur and up, due to apple removing some needed dependancies from their kernel boot artifact.

Here is how to do that:

You mus have SIP disabled to use the kext (because it's unsigned), then copy the kext over to that foler and do the following commands:

```

cd /Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 ./

sudo chown -R 0:0 ./

sudo touch -f ./

sudo kextcache -i /

sudo kcditto

```

then reboot, if the kextcache -i / command fails don't warry too much about it, at reboot you should have the kext loaded anyway.

2) You might need a version of the kext that doesn't need vector instruction sets to work, you find it attached top this post (from my latest source code).

kXAudioDriver_LibraryLess.kext.zip

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 83427 said:

I cant do this bcos once i disable sip, i cant open terminal, settings, nothing. OS is almost completely lagged

Are you sure you are not confusing sip with safe mode? because that sound like your gpu drivers are not loaded, to disable sip you must change the csr active config setting in clover's config.plist file to a 0xFEF to completely disable it.

yes I tried both methods to disable SIP. Via car-active-config and also via recovery mode/terminal and csrutil. After reboot I can't run almost anything. System is lagged. When I click to settings, nothing happens, only a few apps works. more than 80% of actions in macOS won't answer. I can't mount EFI via opencore configurator, I can't mount dmg....

Just now, 83427 said:

yes I tried both methods to disable SIP. Via car-active-config and also via recovery mode/terminal and csrutil. After reboot I can't run almost anything. System is lagged. When I click to settings, nothing happens, only a few apps works. more than 80% of actions in macOS won't answer. I can't mount EFI via opencore configurator, I can't mount dmg....

At this point I think there is more going on with your hackintosh, you should look for specific help for this, the fact that the driver doesn't want to work might just be a consequence of those issues. About me, I can't really help you because I am very busy and no longer so in touch with the current hackintosh methods, especially on the AMD side.

Well, thanks for your time. Meanwhile i installed the latest macOS update, soundcard showed up and works. Problem is that OS is lagged and a lot of apps doesnt run. Problem must be somewhere around SIP 😕 I tried to ask on amdosx forum which is dedicated to ryzentosh Systems but without reactions so i tried to ask directly here.

what i did directly to make it work… i set csr-active-config to 03000000 and added into delete nvram section line csr-active-config. It sucked so i switched SIP back via OpenCore option in boot menu (toggle SIP). Then i installed the system update and now my SIP is “disabled”, sound card is visible and work, but a lot of apps and settings cant be run. Even hotkey to make a screenshot doesnt work so i captured this with iphone:

IMG_1293.jpeg

edit: after restart I switched SIP to enabled, tried your latest library less driver and when I restarted system, sound card disappeared again and since then whatever I do it won't show up again 😞 

Edited by 83427

• 2 weeks later...

Its working! Finally. My ryzentosh is fully working again 🙂

Thanks for your help once again!

Problem was somewhere about SIP. When I solved this tricky part, I used kext-droplet app https://github.com/chris1111/Kext-Droplet-Big-Sur to install kext into Library/Extensions, then system asked to allow this kext in control panel and security and then I just restarted the system and my audigy rx finally appeared in sound devices 🙂

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-31 v 6.30.33.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I have tried the kx audio driver on macOS Sonoma, and it works, however it doesn't seem to want to work with the bridge chip inside the pice e-mu cards supported by this driver, so those might definitely be problematic, but at least I can say that the audigy rx works as it should and the install procedure is the same as ventura.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, dwais said:

Hello ITzTravelInTime!

Is it possible to get to work X-Fi XtremeMusic SB0460 on macOS Big Sur for today?

Hi, it isn't possible, it is not supported by this driver in any way, this driver basically just supports 3 specific chip families and that doesn't include the emu20k series used in the x-fi pci series.

Although some of the pcie (and i mean pci express not the old pci) cards can be made to partially work using voodoo hda with some settings in it's internal info.plist file.

8 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi, it isn't possible, it is not supported by this driver in any way, this driver basically just supports 3 specific chip families and that doesn't include the emu20k series used in the x-fi pci series.

Although some of the pcie (and i mean pci express not the old pci) cards can be made to partially work using voodoo hda with some settings in it's internal info.plist file.

Ok. Thanks for answer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 8:27 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

So I have tried the kx audio driver on macOS Sonoma, and it works, however it doesn't seem to want to work with the bridge chip inside the pice e-mu cards supported by this driver, so those might definitely be problematic, but at least I can say that the audigy rx works as it should and the install procedure is the same as ventura.

Did you try Sonoma 14.4.1? I try the kx audio driver on 14.4.1. It didn't work.  I use the one one Page 23. which you was issue on December 27, 2022. Do you mind provide the newest driver? Thank you!