Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

I have retested this process twice again, once using a Kingston USB 8gig and another with a PNY USB 16gig. They both work quite nicely here on a Asus Z87 Gryphon, Asus Z97M-Plus, and a AsusZ97I-Plus.  Without more info, this is like fixing something that's not broke... If you can provide any more info I'll continue to test...

You might try using HFSPlus rather than VBoxHfs-64, link below. Also be certain you're booting from a USB 2.0 port.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vt9cptg86xuxvf/HFSPlus.efi.zip?dl=0

EDIT: you might also try the latest Clover version r2957

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh53hy6ex0...7.pkg.zip?dl=0 as it contains a new version of VBoxHfs-64.efi

I'm having issues as well. I'm currently running mavericks and downloaded the Yosemite upgrade. I formatted my 32gb flash disk, excited the terminal commands and installed clover to the flash disk. No erros there. However when I boot from the UEFI flash disk my clover is empty and I cannot select the Yosemite installer. Any pointers on where to look?

i too am having a problem...

fresh install with terminal command to USB

install clover - Clover_v2k_r2953 copy over from my working Mavericks drive to kexts/10.10...

reboot disconnect working mavericks drive - boot off USB and clover loads fine but when i try and run the installer nothing happens... just a flash then nothing...

any ideas???

seems the same problem as ssds

installed clover version - r2957 and my own clover config from mavericks and no longer see the install icon...

Hi ;

I have a problem with yosemite on my mackintosh. In First try, I had Mavericks and prepared my USB for Yosemite with Clover Bootloader and i restart my PC boot from USB and i installed Yosemite without any problem. But, in the Clover Boot Loader menu i didn't see any my hard drives so I prepared Chameleon Yosemite USB and i tried to install with chameleon but i failed in AppleStoreKeyServices or something like there. I tried to boot with my Installed Yosemite from my HDD with Chameleon loader. It loaded. I started Chameleon boot loader and i did Post Install methods. My yosemite hasn't loaded again with my HDD or USB. So i want to install Clover again, but I couldn't because when i boot the clover in my USB my system always boot chameleon. How can i solve this problem ? 

I know my scenario is complicated and my english is not enough to this situtation but you guys please help me. 

This is my specs ;

Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost

Intel 3570K

MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard

Corsair 128 Force SSD

Corsair 8gb Vengeance 2133 RAM, Not XMP installed.

I too am having an issue where selecting the Install OS X Yosemite does nothing. It just flashes and then goes right back to the boot options.

This happened to me as well.. I solved it by removing a lot of the options in clover. All I removed every option except graphics injection. If you already have a DSDT and SSDT, that's why this problem happens. At least for me, that's what was causing it. It was trying to inject with clover and use my DSDT patches at the same time.

Also, just reinstall clover if anything.

On the second round of 10.10 install i keep getting "stuck" at "About a second remaining".  

On the second round of 10.10 install i keep getting "stuck" at "About a second remaining".  

I finally finished but when it rebooted i stil was running 10.9.5 and there was a recovery folder on the root of my drive.

I finally finished but when it rebooted i stil was running 10.9.5 and there was a recovery folder on the root of my drive.

Did you boot back into the pen drive and then into the OS? Also yeah, the "About a second remaining" took me an hour to finish.. I had to wait it out and eventually, it rebooted.

Did you boot back into the pen drive and then into the OS? Also yeah, the "About a second remaining" took me an hour to finish.. I had to wait it out and eventually, it rebooted.

Not sure what happened, but i booted back to the pen drive and insalled again.  This time it worked.  Now i just got to get sound sorted.

Also, my keyboard mouse don't work after clover. OSX requires me to unplug and re-plug them in to work.

Hi. My Dell XPS 8000 (Intel i7 860, Nvidia GTS 240, RAM 6GB) hasn't AHCI MODE (only RAID and ATA).

Is it possible to install Yosemite?

My ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB doesn't support AHCI either (no support in the chipset), yet it's running Yosemite GM quite fine - in fact, I'm posting from it.  Like Windows XP, it would perform better if the chipset in question supports AHCI. What is rather amusing is that the ICH6 south bridge in the G41 chipset lacks AHCI, but the ICH5 chipset from the older 865/875 series does support AHCI.

Got it working with my Z87X mobo, GTX 760 with 4GB VRAM, and Clover v2957...

Initially I had some problems booting (getting a black screen after loading NVDAHAL1000 drivers and right after "DSMOS has arrived prompt") because my System Definition was set to MacPro6,1. Changed it to iMac 14,1 and problem solved.

My boot flags are -v slide=0 darkwake=8

Only problem I'm having, I don't have audio as the AppleHDA kext cannot load properly it seems.

Finally got my ALC898 audio to work!

:)

Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.2.2 from tonymac, and installed using the audio drivers without DSDT. This installs AppleHDAEnabler and patched AppleHDA.kexts properly. First, installed the ALC898 drivers with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 7.0, then use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.2.2's drivers.

Also, had to add kext-dev-mode=1 in the boot flags to make the audio kext load.