Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

"Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10  (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}"  What is "Network exts"? driver of network adapter?

Yes. Network adapter kexts IF you need them. You will need FakeSMC.

I'm trying this guide but when I boot the progress bar take too much time to advance and after many minutes It stuck at about 50%, I can't see the installation gui.

I added the enabler for my nvidia card, the string for unsigned kext, and my custom dsdt from Mavericks.

With and without no luck, same with fake smc in 10.10 created folder.

Just to know, more or less happens the same with camaleon bootloader ... spinning ball after 50% loading

Everything looks super booting with my old mavericks usb. 

p.s from verbose I can see:

"geforcesensors: still waiting accelerator to start" many times

and missing bluetooth control transport, one time

then everything stucks

of course I have nvidia = true under Graphics

had anyone success with a Nvidia GTX 970? All bootloaders and methods I tried have failed and I have no IGPU, is there still hope?

I have a GA-Z97X with GA 970 G1. nv_disable=1 at install. Then I installed the NV Web driver I then got rid of nv_disable=1 and put in nvda_drv=1

So yes I am on OS X 10.10 posting now. Works flawless. The only problem I have with 10.10 is DVD and folders stop working after awhile

All is ok with the installer and my new Yosemite OS X.

My system specs:

- GA Z87X-OC

- i7 47470k

- Sapphire Ati Radeon 7970 GHz edition

With clover v2976 my system boot in about 12 seconds.

Look video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7jDMTGHh-0&list=UUBmkFAh-MO5bIIGE4jvMY9w

Special thanks to:

-artur-pt

-magnifico

-snatch

-All clover developers!

All is ok with the installer and my new Yosemite OS X.

My system specs:

- GA Z87X-OC

- i7 47470k

- Sapphire Ati Radeon 7970 GHz edition

With clover v2976 my system boot in about 12 seconds.

Look video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7jDMTGHh-0&list=UUBmkFAh-MO5bIIGE4jvMY9w

Special thanks to:

-artur-pt

-magnifico

-snatch

-All clover developers!

Video is private

I'm trying this guide but when I boot the progress bar take too much time to advance and after many minutes It stuck at about 50%, I can't see the installation gui.

I added the enabler for my nvidia card, the string for unsigned kext, and my custom dsdt from Mavericks.

With and without no luck, same with fake smc in 10.10 created folder.

Just to know, more or less happens the same with camaleon bootloader ... spinning ball after 50% loading

Everything looks super booting with my old mavericks usb. 

p.s from verbose I can see:

"geforcesensors: still waiting accelerator to start" many times

and missing bluetooth control transport, one time

then everything stucks

of course I have nvidia = true under Graphics

You likely need the Nvidia web drivers - your error message points to a graphics issue.

Add this to boot arguments in config.plist:

nv_disable=1

Once booted into Yosemite. install NV web drivers, edit this argument to:

nvda_drv=1

Reboot.

Yosemite Final - Clover USB Installer.

Format a 8GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it Install.

Insure the OS X Yosemite.app is in your Application folder.

In terminal run the following script.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

This will take several minutes so be patient, the script will notify you when complete.

attachicon.gifinstall.png

Now Install Clover r2696 (or newer) to the Install USB. Clover r2953 or newer Recommended!

Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10  (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}

Boot USB to Clover, highlight "Install OS X Yosimite" and hit the spacebar, choose "with injected kext”

and install Yosemite. Re-boot to USB and select your SSD or HD, hit the spacebar and again

choose “with injected kext” to complete the installation.

Install Clover to your boot drive. install your kexts to S/L/E or use Clover to inject kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10

Done

Please post Clover questions here.

Clover: Thanks Slice and the dev team. Clover

Thanks "toleda" for DP and PB scripts.

EDIT: For anyone having a problem with this process:

You might try using the HFSPlus-64.efi (Google it) rather than VBoxHfs-64. Also be certain you're booting from a USB 2.0 port.

EDIT: you might also try the latest Clover version r2957

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh53hy6ex0...7.pkg.zip?dl=0 as it contains a new version of VBoxHfs-64.efi

A very nice post, but I am amazingly happy and even surprised too after looking at the Command Script mentioned in this post. If I replace Yosemite term with Mavericks then Mavericks USB installer media can be created with the same process. :wink_anim:

Yosemite Final - Clover USB Installer.

Format a 8GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it Install.

Insure the OS X Yosemite.app is in your Application folder.

In terminal run the following script.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

This will take several minutes so be patient, the script will notify you when complete.

attachicon.gifinstall.png

Now Install Clover r2696 (or newer) to the Install USB. Clover r2953 or newer Recommended!

Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10  (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}

Boot USB to Clover, highlight "Install OS X Yosimite" and hit the spacebar, choose "with injected kext”

and install Yosemite. Re-boot to USB and select your SSD or HD, hit the spacebar and again

choose “with injected kext” to complete the installation.

Install Clover to your boot drive. install your kexts to S/L/E or use Clover to inject kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10

Done

Please post Clover questions here.

Clover: Thanks Slice and the dev team. Clover

Thanks "toleda" for DP and PB scripts.

EDIT: For anyone having a problem with this process:

You might try using the HFSPlus-64.efi (Google it) rather than VBoxHfs-64. Also be certain you're booting from a USB 2.0 port.

EDIT: you might also try the latest Clover version r2957

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh53hy6ex0...7.pkg.zip?dl=0 as it contains a new version of VBoxHfs-64.efi

A very nice post, but I am amazingly happy and even surprised too after looking at the Command Script mentioned in this post. If I replace Yosemite term with Mavericks then Mavericks USB installer media can be created with the same process. :wink_anim:

I already have OS X Mavericks installed, but i can't login to Apple to download Yosemite. It says " Your device or computer could not be verified "

So i tried those methods, none is working

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-mac-app-store-error-your.html

http://www.thetechloft.com/technology/hackintosh/hackintosh-app-store-your-device-or-computer-could-not-be-verified/

In this case i downloaded the OS X Yosemite from other place. The .dmg image is 4.83 GB. People say that's the Retail image 10.10, not the Preview image

Now : which is the best / easiest way / to make it bootable on the USB ?

u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t ? Clover ?

Thank you

I followed the guide, boot from the Clover USB, and when I selected and press space bar, I do not get the "with injected kext". I do get "without injected kext".

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks!

Same situation here. I think by default it runs injecting kext

Btw, can someone tell me where to get the FakeSMC and other files that the op talk in the main post?

For Testing Yosemite 10.10.1 on a virtual Machine (VMWARE WORKSTATION 10) (TESTED OK AND converted TO TWO PHYISCAL MACHINES)

- Legacy PC:  GA-EP43  (Clover 3033)

- UEFI :      ACER ATC605  (Clover 2795)

STEP TO CREATE AN ISO for the workstation (from AppStore installed App)

sudo su

hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller

hdiutil convert /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller/BaseSystem.dmg -format UDSP -o /tmp/Yosemite

hdiutil resize -size 8g /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage

hdiutil attach /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_build

rm /Volumes/install_build/System/Installation/Packages

cp -rp /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller/Packages /Volumes/install_build/System/Installation/

cp -rp /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/install_build

cp -rp /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/install_build

hdiutil detach /Volumes/yosemiteInstaller

hdiutil detach /Volumes/install_build

hdiutil resize -size `hdiutil resize -limits /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`b /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage

hdiutil convert /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage -format UDTO -o /tmp/Yosemite

rm /tmp/Yosemite.sparseimage

mv /tmp/Yosemite.cdr /Users/<user-name>/Desktop/Yosemite.iso

Note: Clover plist: defaults settings are ok, do not need extra flags.

My Zotac GT630 need: VRAM 2048 and Inject Nvidia (ATI 6450 ok without plist change)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using Clover v2k r3065 create the installation USB, put the clover on it but the clover menu is not showing up my HDD, can someone explain me why, am I forgetting something?

That's probably because your HDD is not in HFS yet. You don't have to go into your HDD at the beginning, but into the USB, run the installer from there, use Disk Utility to format your HDD and then keep going with the installation process. Then, after the reboot, you'll see your HDD. ;)

Hello everyone! Congratulations on the forum and the guide.

Sorry for my bad English, I am Brazilian and I am using Google translator hahahaha ...

I am many days trying to install Yosemite on my machine and got an error: "An error occurred while extracting files from the package Essentials.pkg". I tried with 4 USB sticks, downloaded the OS X Install Yosemite the AppStore at least 6 times. Can not that be file corruption.

I'm currently using Clover V2K r3113, but even with previous versions and other bootloader as Chameleon is the same, it is very frustrating :(

I would be very grateful if someone could help me complete the installation, because so far I could not.

Thank you for your attention !!!

Hello everyone! Congratulations on the forum and the guide.
Sorry for my bad English, I am Brazilian and I am using Google translator hahahaha ...
I am many days trying to install Yosemite on my machine and got an error: "An error occurred while extracting files from the package Essentials.pkg". I tried with 4 USB sticks, downloaded the OS X Install Yosemite the AppStore at least 6 times. Can not that be file corruption.
I'm currently using Clover V2K r3113, but even with previous versions and other bootloader as Chameleon is the same, it is very frustrating :(
I would be very grateful if someone could help me complete the installation, because so far I could not.
Thank you for your attention !!!

Hi and Welcome to InsanelyMac forum!

Olá e seja bem vindo ao fórum InsanelyMac!

If you want post here, and we can help you in your own language: Português

Se quiser poste suas duvidas aqui, que vamos te ajudar em português: Português

• Like 2