[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surface2osx)

I came across an issue with Voodoo 2.8.4 where the sound crackled and was distorted throughout the system.

I went back and tried all the Voodoo versions, and found that 2.8.0 seemed to be fine (except the microphone was not working). I patched the nodes in the info.plist, and hurrah. Working sound and mic.

Updated zip here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5ZN1yZhI!ffq6q9a5Y8HZcvacbUyK6Mz0JE9IMnygJtI1UC0s61w

PS. You will want to get rid of the original VoodooHDA, and also backup and delete AppleHDA.

Might give patching the original AppleHDA a go if I get bored sometime... 

(surface2osx)

Yes it works for me thanks took a couple of tries but it does work even without a reboot.

Thanks to everyone for their time and effort put into this project

@antilogic32

Hi there!

Glad you did it, instead of a beer  :lol:  can you please do what @Rehabman asks in his last post if confused send a pm to him so he can help on fixing sleep!

thanks a lot.

Still installing (again) :( first one got stuck at bluetooth stage... but i forgot something and stuffed with the install too much, so back to square 1. will dump the files as soon as i can... :)

Thx ;)

@surfacepro2 users

if someone want to help we'll be glad too

@antilogic32

Hi there!

Glad you did it, instead of a beer  :lol:  can you please do what @Rehabman asks in his last post if confused send a pm to him so he can help on fixing sleep!

thanks a lot.

(surface2osx)

Yay. Its working... now for some sleep.  I had to remove "npci=0x200" from the clover boot args to get it to start tho... (Running on the Sandisk Class 10 microSD)  FULL QE/CI ! W00t!

I will report back soon... Thanks again!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

(surface2osx)

So far I have gotten it to run off a USB fine, however I still cannot get it to boot from the SSD. All choices load then send me straight back to the Surface screen. I am running on the 4300U, so I added the dart=0 (unless I input it in wrong). Any advice would be appreciated, am going to reinstall the install package on my usb tonight and try again.

@cs4602

The Samsung is not the problem. It's the Harddrive controller that's important.

Can you download ioregistryexplorer save as file and share it?

Then we can compare the Surface Pro 2 4200u and 4300u.

Can you also look up in your system information :

Go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac and then choose "more info".

Click SATA/SATA Express

The information under Generic AHCI Controller

lol, thanks for the comp 101 course. It's the hard disk that differentiate the models. if you have a 64gig, 128, 256, 512... there might be other differences. So what do you have? It might help me and other users that are experiencing different results, if we know that we have different version of the tablet.

BTW I have the 4200 version 128 gig

Booted from USB:

Generic AHCI Controller:

Vendor: Generic

Product: AHCI Controller

Link speed: 6 gigabit

Negociated Link speed: 6 gigabit

Physical Interconnect: SATA

Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VjwCebcLxQTDlhaEtOY1g5d0E/edit?usp=sharing

(surface2osx)

So reinstalled it and did everything according to the guide. I rechecked my system and see that actually I have a 4200, not the 4300. But it still just boots me back to the surface screen. I plan to not keep Windows (have it cloned to another drive), is it worth deleting the Windows partition to give it a try?

(surface2osx)

So reinstalled it and did everything according to the guide. I rechecked my system and see that actually I have a 4200, not the 4300. But it still just boots me back to the surface screen. I plan to not keep Windows (have it cloned to another drive), is it worth deleting the Windows partition to give it a try?

(surface2osx)

(surface2osx)

Don't think you need to remove windows i just resized the win partition,  Are you using the latest files, they are being updated almost daily, you only need to reinstall clover and the latest files with it on to your usb installer. then a fresh install to the ssd.

Is the SD reader in the machine hardware based or software.

As I was thinking of installing to a miniSD card if it was possible to use a USB key to boot to the SD when necessary, instead of installing a bootloader directly onto the machine.

tl;dr: Does a miniSD show up as a drive in Disk Utility from the Mavericks installer.

(surface2osx)

Testing now... Still having issues with the VoodooHDA kext.  I have tried 2.8.0 as well as the 2.8.4 version...  No luck...

No brightness control... (yet)

I will get to the log dumping stuff in a little while...

@Kynareth - My installation is running from the MicroSD slot.  Make sure you get the best MicroSD you can buy if you are gonna go this route.  Sp2 does see the MicroSD same as the USB, only "glitch" is when you have a bootable USB key with the OSX install and the SD with OSX installed in the machine at the same time.  When booting up it doesn't always pick up the microSD by the time Clover loads from the USB stick...  I find its' more likely to see it when the machine was booted into windows and then shut down.  Also remember to wait a while after shutdown as the MIcroSD can be active for up to 10s after shutdown...

After you installed clover onto the MicroSD this does not appear to be an issue...  (As then you will be booting without the USB stick, and the machine "searches" for a boot source longer and always finds the MicroSD... if it does not, boot into windows and shutdown from the login page.... try again. ! :)

• Like 1

Goodmorning folks,

since there are now several models with different processors

please add your hardware to the signature, including, processor and other infos

you can use this as reference, just change the yellow text with your actual configuration.

Microsoft SurfacePro 1 OS:Windows, Android Cpu:u4000 Gpu:HD4000 Ram:4gb 1333  WiFi:external usb SSD:128gb

Cheers and Happy hacking

(Surface2Osx)

@ JahStories

I added APPStore support to the FilePackage for the SP2 ...

You think it's ok to leave the Serial Number in the Config.plist ?

A lot of people gonna have the same serial number.

What's you opinion ?

Maybe just try it ?

(surface2osx)

BTW, you should not have to do that, provided you are applying the patch where your GFX0 device actually is defined... It can be in one of the SSDTs instead of the DSDT.

Note: In the case of GFX0 definition in SSDT, you must apply the rename patch to both SSDT and DSDT and of course include the patched SSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Cool to know it works for yet another Haswell laptop though...

FYI: Surface2 ioreg has GFX0 device in ssdt-5. If you disassemble it properly (iasl -e dsdt.aml -d ssdt-5.aml), you can apply the rename patch and brightness patch and compile without error.

Thanks Rehabman. I did dig around the ssdt-5 but never got it to compile properly (alongside the ssdt file that allowed the Intel HD 4400 to work). I will try again next week.

I managed to fully enable sleep and wake (with wake on only via the power button) by using GenericXUSBXHC and an additional SSDT file. I set the _STA to zero for PEG0, PEGP, PEG1 and PEG2. Why it has these in the SSDT, i'm clueless, I've only ever seen this on my other laptops with more than one GPU. I'm wondering if this is a correct way to do it or not, but it seems to be working....

If any SP2 user wants to give it a go or let me know if i'm doing it wrong, please do:

https://mega.co.nz/#!NJ8XFaBB!Vyh3d0PELqYtMI3HI4jAKZDhtF98GpLsZiPKfxcDrJI

So, for me, I have a working dual boot installation on the SSD, battery with percentage/timing correct + ac adapter detection, sound/mic (tested on skype with cam), app store, and finally sleep/wake. Good way to end the week!
Still have an issue with my usb wifi adapter causing problems when I unplug it, but oh well.
  • Like 2

@macspike

the serial number is going to be banned surely,

you can leave it, then everyuser will change it ;)

p.s.

am i on lsd? XD

too much colors, just a suggestion, i can't see some entries and usually in the forum red stuff in the signature means not working h/w. nice avatar and rotating apple btw :D

p.p.s 

can you check akzidenz sleep fix?

thx

@ JahStories

I removed the colors :-)

Here is the Surface Pro 2 FilesPackage V0.3 (APPStore & ICloud enabled and sleep is working)

Please if you download it, change the Serial Number in the Config.plist (See Main Post from JahStories)

Current Serial Number is working, but I like to keep it and otherwise Apple will Block it.

@surfacepro1 users with windows

HELP WANTED

if you wanna help on fixing sleep and maybe improve even other stuff

please extract all the ssdt dsdt ect. tables using aida64

here a video to help you

and share them asap. Thanks a lot.

recap. We need files from the first surface pro dumped from windows

here you can download clean untouched tables if you wanna help on fixing sleep

@macspike

nice signature :)

it's ok to call the pack v0.3 if sleep works

can you test sleep with new files shared by akzidenz? 

if it works repack it.

cause v0.2 for the surfacepro1 already have appstore fix.  ^_^

thx

@ akzidenz - what version of VoodooHDA did you use?  (I did played around with mine, maybe a bit too much.)

Confirmed! Sleep fix working...  Now just my sound and I will be where you are akzidenz...

Amazing! Thx again! :)  And yes an amazing way to end the week!

(surface2osx)

Don't think you need to remove windows i just resized the win partition,  Are you using the latest files, they are being updated almost daily, you only need to reinstall clover and the latest files with it on to your usb installer. then a fresh install to the ssd.

I had used the most recent files until the new files came out today. Otherwise still no dice, I resized the partition and everything. Little stumped here.

(surface2osx) (4200)

Anybody have any suggestions for my predicament? Will be reinstalling Clover later, I been using the newest r2525 I believe, Ill use the clover version that is located in the new files.