@cs4602

(Surface2osx)

i suppose it could be:

different clover versions
different mach_kernel
different configuration in clover's config.plist

check it out.

G. Luck 

That's the thing... I use the clover installer provided in the .zip, the mach_kernel from the .zip and the config from the .zip

If we have the same hardware, we should have the same result... I'll try a clean install without the config.plist and see if it has the same result.

@cs4602

did you used the same files as the pen drive that boot without the speed issue?

@hakzidenz

thanks i'm adding a reference and link to the surfacepro2 guide.

(surface2osx)

New fix, reference added to the guide thx to akzidenz

Audio Fix:

by akzidenz

this VoodooHda patch should fix the audio e enable sound & mic

read this post for more infos.

(surface2osx)

I came across an issue with Voodoo 2.8.4 where the sound crackled and was distorted throughout the system.

I went back and tried all the Voodoo versions, and found that 2.8.0 seemed to be fine (except the microphone was not working). I patched the nodes in the info.plist, and hurrah. Working sound and mic.

Updated zip here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5ZN1yZhI!ffq6q9a5Y8HZcvacbUyK6Mz0JE9IMnygJtI1UC0s61w

PS. You will want to get rid of the original VoodooHDA, and also backup and delete AppleHDA.

Might give patching the original AppleHDA a go if I get bored sometime... 

(Surface2OSX)

The Audio - Fix from akzidenz doesn't work for me.

Can anyone with a surface pro 2 check it ?

I'm working for a good solution to install clover direct to the Harddrive (now i'm still using the SD-Card, works very well)

The SF2 boots from the EFI-partition disk0s2.

The name of the EFI-Partition is "System"

The boot-string ="EFI/Microsoft/Boot/"

When you copy the files from you EFI-USB DRIVE, Clover works.

You can only boot up OSX, but It's not possible to launch Windows anymore.

Anyone tried it ?

(Surface2OSX)

Hey macspike,

Try the original 2.8.0 VoodooHDA (ML) as I managed to get it to work using that without any edits (but the mic will not work)

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

I'm about to try to install Clover to the HD next. Bit scared of messing up the EFI partition!

I think you might need the original efi boot file from Windows.

(Surface2OSX)

Hey macspike,

Try the original 2.8.0 VoodooHDA (ML) as I managed to get it to work using that without any edits (but the mic will not work)

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

I'm about to try to install Clover to the HD next. Bit scared of messing up the EFI partition!

I think you might need the original efi boot file from Windows.

I'll try the audio later ...

Make a copy of that EFI-partition.

When it does not work, you just copy it back.

It's a good solution for testing :-)

let me know if the fix is needed, or i'll remove it from the guide (don't want it to be too messed up)

btw

the first surface pro got full audio support.

(Surface2Osx)

I'll check the audio tonight.

(Surface1Osx)

Jahstories, i could be totally wrong.

I think the Surface Pro 1 still has the sleep problem ?

Can you try to add this (red) in your config.plist : Boot/Arguments

<key>Boot</key>

<dict>

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>-f npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

A lot of hackintosh-macs have that problem.

But again, I could be totally wrong :-)

(surface2osx)

(Surface2OSX)

The Audio - Fix from akzidenz doesn't work for me.

Can anyone with a surface pro 2 check it ?

I'm working for a good solution to install clover direct to the Harddrive (now i'm still using the SD-Card, works very well)

The SF2 boots from the EFI-partition disk0s2.

The name of the EFI-Partition is "System"

The boot-string ="EFI/Microsoft/Boot/"

When you copy the files from you EFI-USB DRIVE, Clover works.

You can only boot up OSX, but It's not possible to launch Windows anymore.

Anyone tried it ?

Hey macspike,

I basically followed the 4 steps from this guide (after mounting the EFI partition)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293574-beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd/?p=1968818

1. Open the main EFI file drive on the desktop, browse to EFI/Clover and copy CLOVERX64.efi  to /EFI/Mircosoft/Boot.
  2. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
  3. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi
  4. Reboot without the Clover USB

Working dual-boot with Clover, from the SSD!

But, seems you cannot re-enable safe boot. you'll get the message "invalid signature detected check secure boot policy in setup"

Just to know. Is possible to delete all the partitions on the sf2 and only install osx.<br />And then (if I want to return to factory state) restore the original system with the sf2 USB restore I made?<br />Is just to know if there is a wayback in case I merge all partitions in one. <br /><br />Thanks

@cs4602

:/ dunno why so.

@macspike

thanks for the tip but i've already tried almost any flag in the world :D without any success.

As far as i can understand when i click sleep

the screen become black fans keep moving and volumes keys does bong,

no way to have back the image back without forcing a reboot

so apparently is not an issue on wake but on sleep itself.

maybe someone with some dsdt skills can do something...

@fadudba

you can do whatever you want with the partition, if you want windows back install it via dvd or usbpendrive.

@cs4602<br /><br /><br />:/ dunno why so.<br /><br />@macspike<br /><br />thanks for the tip but i've already tried almost any flag in the world :D without any success.<br />As far as i can understand when i click sleep<br />the screen become black fans keep moving and volumes keys does bong,<br />no way to have back the image back without forcing a reboot<br />so apparently is not an issue on wake but on sleep itself.<br /><br />maybe someone with some dsdt skills can do something...<br /><br />@fadudba<br />you can do whatever you want with the partition, if you want windows back install it via dvd or usbpendrive.

<br /><br />Thanks

Just to know. Is possible to delete all the partitions on the sf2 and only install osx.<br />And then (if I want to return to factory state) restore the original system with the sf2 USB restore I made?<br />Is just to know if there is a wayback in case I merge all partitions in one. <br /><br />Thanks

(Surface2OSX)

To Fadu_dba

Yes, that's no problem...

(Surface2OSX)

To akzidenz and JahStories

The Audio - Fix from akzidenz doesn't work for me (still get an error)

I tried 2.8.4 ML, 2.8.0, the modified version.

I had VoodooHDA also worked once. But it's really buggy, I think.

(Surface2osx)

I am installing os x but the installation is "stuck". All work, the minutes counter changes among 16 to 20 minutes but the installation bar dont move (only have the effects but nothing more).

How long I should wait?.

Surface Pro 2 64 GB. Installing in a SD card 16gb, bad sd card class 3 or 4. if its work I will buy 64 gb class 10 sd card.

Okay, the installation is working, just my SD card is really a great sh**. One hour or more for get half installation...

Anyone can recommend me a great SD card exclusively for a great performance of OSX in the surface?

I have seen a Sony with 90 mb read and 40 write... Any other better?

(Surface2OSX)

The installation doesn't work for me. It finish perfect and I use terminal to move kext but when I boot into New partition without caches and injestect kext. It try to boot but stuck when it is writing _ _ _ _ _ _ and reboot.

(Surface2osx)

I am installing os x but the installation is "stuck". All work, the minutes counter changes among 16 to 20 minutes but the installation bar dont move (only have the effects but nothing more).

How long I should wait?.

Surface Pro 2 64 GB. Installing in a SD card 16gb, bad sd card class 3 or 4. if its work I will buy 64 gb class 10 sd card.

Yes, you need a good Micro SD card or a USB 3 Stick.

I can recommend this one : SanDisk microSDXC Extreme Plus 64GB, Class 10, UHS-I, 80MB/Sec + Adapter Mobile (you can buy it at Amazon)

I would buy bought. A USB stick is nice for the installation and on the micro-SD you install Clover on it.

(surface2osx)

Hey so got it to work! Weird thing is, it did not give me the option to install, but rather is running off my usb.

Did you do the installation like described here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292645-guide-surfacepro-1-2-osx-android-windows-multiboot/page-17?do=findComment&comment=1987503), then it's normal

OR

Did you do the installation like described here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292645-guide-surfacepro-1-2-osx-android-windows-multiboot/page-21?do=findComment&comment=1989150), then it's strange :-)