HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I've tried to apply to Yosemite the fix I had applied in Mavericks to reach OS X desktop on my old Xeon platform with GeForce 9800GT card. This was:

1) for 10.9.2/3/4 -> replace AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by 10.9.1's versions

2) for 10.9.5 -> replace AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily + IOHIDFamily + System + Sandbox kexts by 10.9.1's versions

So far, replacing Yosemite's AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by 10.9.1's version does not work. The cache fails to rebuild and the process throws out lots of errors linked to IOUSBFamily's dependancies. Replacing IOUSBFamily + IOUSBMassStorage kexts does not eliminate the problem.

So, more work and head scratching to be done on that one...

Nice job Hervé!!!

i've try install Mavericks 10.9.5 on Fx an Gtx 750 with latest Kernel of Bronya but stop on [MSR] unknown location...

I don't understand what no boot...

i try with nv_disable=1 and without but idem...

Where is the problem please?

252399IMG0774.jpg

I've tried to apply to Yosemite the fix I had applied in Mavericks to reach OS X desktop on my old Xeon platform with GeForce 9800GT card. This was:

1) for 10.9.2/3/4 -> replace AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by 10.9.1's versions

2) for 10.9.5 -> replace AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily + IOHIDFamily + System + Sandbox kexts by 10.9.1's versions

So far, replacing Yosemite's AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by 10.9.1's version does not work. The cache fails to rebuild and the process throws out lots of errors linked to IOUSBFamily's dependancies. Replacing IOUSBFamily + IOUSBMassStorage kexts does not eliminate the problem.

So, more work and head scratching to be done on that one...

yes , but with UseKernelCache=No and works ;)

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to boot without cache, whether with Clover or Chameleon (never managed to boot Yosemite on any machine with Chameleon and without cache). I need to try differently...  :frantics:

and  "nocaches=Yes"  ? (for Clover)

For old Intel Pentium/Xeon ,  AppleRTC path or haltenabler ?

Nice job Hervé!!!

i've try install Mavericks 10.9.5 on Fx an Gtx 750 with latest Kernel of Bronya but stop on [MSR] unknown location...

I don't understand what no boot...

i try with nv_disable=1 and without but idem...

Where is the problem please?

252399IMG0774.jpg

And remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

• Like 1

install AppleSMC.kext from 10.10. DP1 and try to delete AppleKextExcludeList.kext

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

And remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

Thank you Gils!!

I don't remember what kext on Mavericks "doit etre" removed or added... ;)

I just add NullCpuP.....kext and FakeSMC.kext and last kernel of bronya for this version for sure... I nothing removed on extention...

I try this later :thumbsup_anim:

More big thank's Gils!!!!!! :wink_anim:

For your Hd 7950 and withe Screen, it's good withe nv_disable=1 now?

Thank you Gils!!

I don't remember what kext on Mavericks "doit etre" removed or added... ;)

I just add NullCpuP.....kext and FakeSMC.kext and last kernel of bronya for this version for sure... I nothing removed on extention...

I try this later :thumbsup_anim:

More big thank's Gils!!!!!! :wink_anim:

For your Hd 7950 and withe Screen, it's good withe nv_disable=1 now?

I already found the solution, Hervé put me on the path, recovering kexts Mavericks 10.9 (13A603), I test tonight;)

I think the white screen problem is with the card Mother UEFI AMD, as non-UEFI models do not have problems like this :)

Thank you ;)

I think the white screen problem is with the card Mother UEFI AMD, as non-UEFI models do not have problems like this :)

Thank you ;)

For M/B m5axx the UEFI mode is actived only if you boot on UEFI support...

Exemple: on first boot push F8 for happend boot menu with all disk Hdd and USB...

On the menu you see exemple:

P0:Maxtor hdd 1To

UEFI:Maxtor Hdd 1To

If you select P0 you boot not on UEFI and if you select UEFI you boot on UEFI mode...

• Like 1

Gils are you try to boot on vga port?

I try this on Yosemite on my gtx 750Ti and the desktop happends!!

But for my gtx nvidia i've installed nvidia webdriver and i booted with flag: nvda_drv=1 and before i active webdriver on panel setting...

But on hdmi or dvi I've no sygnal happends on my screen...

M5a97 pro!! It´s mine mother board!! Lol

It´s possible to ask on private message or other? because it´s very hard for me to speak technical therm on english... Sorry :(

Gils are you try to boot on vga port?

I try this on Yosemite on my gtx 750Ti and the desktop happends!!

But for my gtx nvidia i've installed nvidia webdriver and i booted with flag: nvda_drv=1 and before i active webdriver on panel setting...

But on hdmi or dvi I've no sygnal happends on my screen...

:worried_anim:

euh ?? 

HD 6850 and HD 7950 = no port VGA  :) 

1 x HDMI (with 3D)

1 x DisplayPort

1 x Single-Link DVI-D

1 x Dual-Link DVI-I

:worried_anim:

euh ?? 

HD 6850 and HD 7950 = no port VGA  :) 

1 x HDMI (with 3D)

1 x DisplayPort1 x Single-Link DVI-D1 x Dual-Link DVI-I

:( sorry i don't know the specitification on ati card...

Yosemite on vga say problem graphics detected actualy it´s no good:(

I installed WebDriver 343.01.01f03 and Cuda

@xeocacad

If it should not work with USBBusFix = Yes, so check your BISO settings if everything is set correctly for OS X. If that does not work, so create a DSDT and patch all USB fixes and boats with the DSDT

good luck!

Hi xeocacad,

Can you please provide more detail and while I have you can you please add your full system specs to your signature.

Are you booting from a USB? Have you tried the boot flag "USBBusFix=Yes"? are you using a vanilla corecrypto.kext ? Otherwise if those are the sam results try the "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" kext

Kind regards

Duran

the case is resolved, I'm pluging USB drive from 3.0 to 2.0 port and also remove kext USBGenericXHCI from Folder /Extra

Thanks   :thumbsup_anim: 

Boot-to-white-screen/graphics acceleration with nVidia GeForce 9800GT issue is now fixed after using axamA's modified IOPCIFamily kext. Basically, it's the same sort of fix as that initially provided for post-10.9.1 Mavericks versions: modified IOPCIFamily kext + boot option msibase=0x90 (for nVidia cards).  :thumbsup_anim: 

I can now safely boot my old workstation to Yosemite's desktop with full QE/CI, working dual display and no system lag. Some graphics glitches remain but it's early AMD kernel days...

How to make full QE/CI for radeon 5870 on yosemite

thanks ;)

I  used kernel 2 and flag with "-v UseKernelCache=No kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000" and shows the yosemite installer and successfully install it, BUT when the PC rebooting after the  installation i can't access the logo screen error screen "Can't find /mach_kernel" or after read hfs+ file loading it automatic restart. :( pls guide me

amd a8 processor

fm2-a85xma-p33

gforce gt630 nvidia

helo gils thank for fast replying. anyways when i used any flag like you mention "GraphicsEnabler=Yes UseKernelCache=No -v" I still  reboot after read hfs+ file..

i already replace kernelv2 in bronya post  in 
 S/L/Kernels/kernel or you mean should i rename it into mach_kernel instead of kernel?

Hi everyone, someone just tell me where is the problem [ msr ] invalid please ?

[MSR] detected invalid rdmsr

[MSR] detected invalid wrmsr                                   

I use axamA's modified IOPCIFamily kext + msibase=0x90 and i actived AGPM (change device id for my smbios with my id of Gtx 750Ti)

717021IMG0776.jpg

helo gils thank for fast replying. anyways when i used any flag like you mention "GraphicsEnabler=Yes UseKernelCache=No -v" I still  reboot after read hfs+ file..

i already replace kernelv2 in bronya post  in  S/L/Kernels/kernel or you mean should i rename it into mach_kernel instead of kernel?

Are you add FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement on your Disk?

I  used kernel 2 and flag with "-v UseKernelCache=No kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000" and shows the yosemite installer and successfully install it, BUT when the PC rebooting after the  installation i can't access the logo screen error screen "Can't find /mach_kernel" or after read hfs+ file loading it automatic restart. :( pls guide me

amd a8 processor

fm2-a85xma-p33

gforce gt630 nvidia

What version of chameleon are you using?

Try download the latest version because from my understanding is that it should automatically pick up that Yosemite is installed and look for the kernel in S/L/Kernels, which sounds like yours is not doing that. Or edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to reference to the location of your kernel like this example.

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/Extra/kernel</string>
Of course make sure you have copied the dependancies as well like FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and a patched AppleRTC.kext to either /Extra/Extensions or S/L/Extensions

Hi everyone, someone just tell me where is the problem [ msr ] invalid please ?

[MSR] detected invalid rdmsr

[MSR] detected invalid wrmsr                                   

I use axamA's modified IOPCIFamily kext + msibase=0x90 and i actived AGPM (change device id for my smbios with my id of Gtx 750Ti)

717021IMG0776.jpg

I need help please...

I add one agpm.kext official and same problem of MSR... :(

My problem is no sygnal on hdmi with asus gtx 750Ti

Agpm controler say Unknown

Nvidia driver it's ok because nvda is charged et loaded...

After back on m'y backup agpm and iopcifamily same problem of MSR...

I don't understand no signal on hdmi because on vga it's ok...

I use kernel rc2 #1 of Bronya

My problem is no sygnal on hdmi with asus gtx 750Ti

Agpm controler say Unknown

Nvidia driver it's ok because nvda is charged et loaded...

After back on m'y backup agpm and iopcifamily same problem of MSR...

I don't understand no signal on hdmi because on vga it's ok...

I use kernel rc2 #1 of Bronya

For more info on AGPM.kext (AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext) see below

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-agpm-kext/

Thank you for you replys!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

But actualy i need use the boot flag UseNvidiaROM with chameleon and the problem is the bootloader restart...

the bios named 10de_1380.rom is in Extra and if i renamed or move the bootloader run but no rom bios used... :(