Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

@Slice

the most of people uses disable kernel panic patch to get exact panic kext part.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/pull/60

like this. can we include this patch default like SIP and EXT? if we need, i will consider

May be conditional, like DisablePanic?

21 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Why not automatic if "Reboot On Panic" is turned off?

In this case it will be good.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:56 PM, cecekpawon said:

@Slice Please ignore if you already have similar results like imac dump below.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c#l1083

rom.thumb.png.61e59cf6d94a28757a415b2a30ccd0a8.png

My result with Clover

Снимок экрана 2019-06-26 в 20.42.24.png

Снимок экрана 2019-06-26 в 20.04.55.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I think gray is also cool, so Clover logo is also transformed into another color when UI goes Dark lol B)

Yes,  I've only followed a popular policy lately in Apple, but green is default for a clover lol, so I think it's ok for most.. 

Anway I need to test it to ensure this method isn't applied in dark mode, that usually require an image to be greyscaled... otherwise the result will be unpleasant.

EDIT

committed

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

Quick question, do you still have to format the EFI partition as FAT32? I am about to update to Mojave and want o be sure I get it right,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can’t find a definitive answer.

9 hours ago, Slice said:

In this case it will be good.

My result with Clover

Снимок экрана 2019-06-26 в 20.42.24.png

Снимок экрана 2019-06-26 в 20.04.55.png

can we turn off cosmetic of apple rom info in system profiler from config.plist?

also what is better name for disabled kernel panic logging?

can i determine name?

Regarding "disabled kernel panic logging", should you mean something like this in OpenCore?

12 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

@Slice

the most of people uses disable kernel panic patch to get exact panic kext part.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/pull/60

like this. can we include this patch default like SIP and EXT? if we need, i will consider

By the way, this is not the best approach, a better one can be found at https://github.com/acidanthera/OcSupportPkg/blob/master/Library/OcAppleKernelLib/CommonPatches.c#L948-L958, where the bytes are kind of stabler.

As for the name itself, not so bad to copy/paste it from OC I guess. =)

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

can we turn off cosmetic of apple rom info in system profiler from config.plist?

also what is better name for disabled kernel panic logging?

can i determine name?

Apple ROM Info depends on macModel or FeatureMask. I don't know exactly.

As well we set smbis version as 2.4 while in newest Mac it is 3.0. May be it also should be adustable.

Hmmb, I just realized that "Boot ROM Version" and "EFI Version" give a same result. (256.0.0.0.0 on my case)

Can EFI version replaced with Clover revision, or.. BiosReleaseDate? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Hmmb, I just realized that "Boot ROM Version" and "EFI Version" give a same result. (256.0.0.0.0 on my case)

Can EFI version replaced with Clover revision, or.. BiosReleaseDate? Thanks.

We may include different information. Discussable. Do you really want to see BiosReleaseDate? Is it influence on something?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Do you really want to see BiosReleaseDate? Is it influence on something

It doesn't, but I usually bdmesg grep it to compare my custom PlatformData on SMBios with Clover provided to see whether BiosReleaseDate is current or not, or you could consider another one like Board-id maybe..

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Slice said:

We may include different information. Discussable. Do you really want to see BiosReleaseDate? Is it influence on something?

i want to keep vanilla system profiler like realmac without cosmetic. so i ask you to turn off cosmetics option

• Thanks 1

@Slice Or EFI Version could be unified with BiosReleaseDate in single line like screenshot below, probably..

plus Board-ID as addition.

Windows-OC.png

15 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i want to keep vanilla system profiler like realmac without cosmetic. so i ask you to turn off cosmetics option

Uhmmb, if there's such option on config.plist I think it'll be better for user to choose.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

I just added SMBIOS table 11. It does present in real Macs.

There is a question why System Profiler not always shows the information. May be because of FeatureMask? Or because of MacModel? Or because of SMBIOS version?

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Clover Team

I don't know if I'm Off-Topic

Under catalina Developer Beta 2, Clover stuck at prepare stage so I can't update

Capture d’écran 2019-06-28 à 08.29.09.png

Hi Matt,

Uhm...no such issues on my side.

1379918933_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_21_56.png.f2d9ad139e8e3d4ae5efbe6fb43dfed8.png

However, I'm still getting this weird warning. Maybe because Clover was built on Mojave...? No idea. Clicking Install Anyway does seem to install it properly though.

1955136247_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_20_45.png.7e05700f5163c952b76c2a71ea419dc0.png

How are you building Clover? Maybe you're selecting something else in Drivers....? I only chose the mandatory (automatically checked) drivers + OSXAptioFix3Drv. That's all.

Also, we were previously talking about the post install script, which should prevent user from getting AptioMemoryFix and OSxAptioFix drivers, both at the same time.

There seems to be a case where this does not happen.

Because this is what I'm getting after installing Clover, while previously I had AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI.

1408977674_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_28_47.png.d24c23f15a8ad8ebc19eb5f04d88c1e5.png

My guess is that since the previous Clover installer did have AptioMemoryFix (and it was checked for installation) and this one doesn't (since I've switched to the default OsXAptioFix3Drv instead, and did not include AptioMemoryFix in the build anymore), the installer doesn't know AptioMemoryFix is already present, and it doesn't do anything based on that. Doesn't skip the installation of OsXAptioFix3Drv, and it doesn't remove AptioMemoryFix either to avoid conflicts.

I'm looking forward to your opinions though. In my opinion this could be a real life scenario. If one day we ship Clover with AptioMemoryFix, and the other day we don't or we use something else instead, I see this as a potential problem on the long run, if people will end up with two (or more) Aptio fixes. And I've actually seen people with all 3 OsXAptioFixes in their drivers folders. Probably added manually, not through the installer. In which case there's not much we can do. But if that was through the installer...maybe we should think of a better solution to this other than relying on the post-install script to fix everything in the background.

I think a bit more transparency wouldn't hurt anyone. Meaning let the user know in the UI that what they're trying to do is not ok. I don't know, it's just my opinion. If we just allow the user to choose whatever he wants and then "fix it" in the background, it will create confusion, they'll think it's a bug the fact that they didn't get their drivers installed as they selected, and they will never learn anything from that. They'll think it's Clover's fault for not installing everything they wanted, not their fault, for selecting (stupid) incompatible things in the installer UI.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi Matt,

Uhm...no such issues on my side.

1379918933_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_21_56.png.f2d9ad139e8e3d4ae5efbe6fb43dfed8.png

However, I'm still getting this weird warning. Maybe because Clover was built on Mojave...? No idea. Clicking Install Anyway does seem to install it properly though.

1955136247_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_20_45.png.7e05700f5163c952b76c2a71ea419dc0.png

How are you building Clover? Maybe you're selecting something else in Drivers....? I only chose the mandatory (automatically checked) drivers + OSXAptioFix3Drv. That's all.

Also, we were previously talking about the post install script, which should prevent user from getting both AptioMemoryFix and OSxAptioFix drivers both at the same time.

There seems to be a case where this does not happen.

Because this is what I'm getting after installing Clover, while previously I had AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI.

1408977674_Screenshot2019-06-28at10_28_47.png.d24c23f15a8ad8ebc19eb5f04d88c1e5.png

My guess is that since the previous Clover installer did have AptioMemoryFix (and it was checked for installation) and this one doesn't (since I've switched to the default OsXAptioFix3Drv instead, and did not include AptioMemoryFix in the build anymore), the installer doesn't know AptioMemoryFix is already present, and it doesn't do anything based on that. Doesn't skip the installation of OsXAptioFix3Drv, and it doesn't remove AptioMemoryFix either to avoid conflicts.

I'm looking forward to your opinions though. In my opinion this could be a real life scenario. If one day we ship Clover with AptioMemoryFix, and the other day we don't or we use something else instead, I see this as a potential problem on the long run, if people will end up with two (or more) Aptio fixes. And I've actually seen people with all 3 OsXAptioFixes in their drivers folders. Probably added manually, not through the installer. In which case there's not much we can do. But if that was through the installer...maybe we should think of a better solution to this other than relying on the post-install script to fix everything in the background.

I think a bit more transparency wouldn't hurt anyone. Meaning let the user know in the UI that what they're trying to do is not ok. I don't know, it's just my opinion. If we just allow the user to choose whatever he wants and then "fix it" in the background, it will create confusion, they'll think it's a bug the fact that they didn't get their drivers installed as they selected, and they will never learn anything from that. They'll think it's Clover's fault for not installing everything they wanted, not their fault, for selecting (stupid) incompatible things in the installer UI.

This revision was build on Mojave. I use sharing between two hacks for copy/paste Clover on Desktop.

"Clicking Install Anyway does seem to install it properly though." I hope the code was modified in the future in Clover source.

I try again 

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

This revision was build on Mojave. I use sharing between two hacks for copy/paste Clover on Desktop.

"Clicking Install Anyway does seem to install it properly though." I hope the code was modified in the future in Clover source.

I try again 

Yeah, but I mean...which method of building Clover did you use? Did you use the official steps provided by Slice a while ago for UDK2018, did you use another script? This is what I meant. And also, which drivers are you choosing for installation? I have a feeling that's where it gets stuck. Of course, and as always, I could be wrong. :)

EDIT: also, attached you can find my own build, if you wanna give this one a try, for comparison. Keep in mind, though, that it's built without AptioMemoryFix.

Clover_v2.4k_r4977.zip

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yeah, but I mean...which method of building Clover did you use? Did you use the official steps provided by Slice a while ago for UDK2018, did you use another script? This is what I meant. And also, which drivers are you choosing for installation? I have a feeling that's where it gets stuck. Of course, and as always, I could be wrong. :)

I use Dids UDK 2018 script to build Clover (all works fine under Mojave). For my config i7 9700K, I use: mandatory (except smchelper), aptiofixmemory. All works fine before on Catalina, before r4977.

EDIT: same issue with your Clover r4977

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I use Dids UDK 2018 script to build Clover (all works fine under Mojave). For my config i7 9700K, I use: mandatory (except smchelper), aptiofixmemory. All works fine before on Catalina, before r4977.

I see. I take it you use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC? Also, can you try the build I uploaded above? I'm curious if that one installs properly on your rig.

Update: since you're getting the same issue with my build, I'm thinking maybe the issue is somewhere else...? Can you try once with SMCHelper, as well? You can remove it afterwards. Just to have the same drivers checked, in case that makes any difference.

Uhm...can you make a backup of your EFI folder to your Desktop, then remove it from the EFI partition, then try to install Clover again? Also, maybe remove the Backups from your system partition as well....? Just to have everything clean?

I don't know. This could also be a specific issue with your hardware? Though I see no reason why this would happen.

Edited by arsradu

45 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I see. I take it you use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC? Also, can you try the build I uploaded above? I'm curious if that one installs properly on your rig.

I already try your build uploaded above: same issue. 

In terminal:

spctl --master-disable
mount -uw/
Failed to stat file //AppleInternal, error no such file or directory
killall finder

EDIT: I don't understand why but it's works again when I disconnect ethernet cable. For my local network, I've two hack who sharing files via ethernet (no wifi card into i7 9700K config).

Sorry about my bad english

Edited by Matgen84

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

HI @arsradu

As for the issue of the warning I think that the Clover program is designed to install files in the system in usr/standalone/i386 and also in /etc

I have other program .pkg who do not receive this warning and yet it installs in /Library
So in my opinion Catalina recognizes clairely some repertory he does not want change

• Like 2