Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

apfsloader.efi should load the apfs.efi from the volume you are booting from, it should therefore always display the logging since there is no way to disable this without patching apfs.efi. However, are you sure you weren't using apfs.efi and it was patched to remove the logging output? Or that you replaced /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi on the volume with the patched version?

EDIT: Updating macOS could have then reverted /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

I have OSX installed on an NVME drive. I have Windows 10 on an SSD drive. Because of my home projects, it's more convenient for me to boot into Windows by default.

Can someone please tell me on how to make the Windows10 setup the default/auto-selected option in Clover? Thanks

34 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

I have OSX installed on an NVME drive. I have Windows 10 on an SSD drive. Because of my home projects, it's more convenient for me to boot into Windows by default.

Can someone please tell me on how to make the Windows10 setup the default/auto-selected option in Clover? Thanks

Take a look this Topic

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, Slice said:

debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

Hello. I tried your suggestion last night and earlier today I got a kernel panic and the message is more than 1 screen. All I see is the tail end of the kernel panic and at the end is some text about going to panic.apple.com.

Any more suggestions? Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

Hello. I tried your suggestion last night and earlier today I got a kernel panic and the message is more than 1 screen. All I see is the tail end of the kernel panic and at the end is some text about going to panic.apple.com.

Any more suggestions? Thanks again.

As @Slice wrote, use: debug=0x100 keepsyms=1. Could you take a picture from your screen with kernel panic messages. And post it in this topic.

I di

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

As @Slice wrote, use: debug=0x100 keepsyms=1. Could you take a picture from your screen with kernel panic messages. And post it in this topic.

As mentioned, I did use debug=0x100 keepsyms=1.

And all I can see is the last "page" of the panic. I'm hoping to see the start or at least, hoping it's been logged so I can check that. Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 7.11.54 AM.png

19 hours ago, apianti said:

You can find the logs for a panic in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticsReports.

I looked at that folder at I got 4 kernal panics today (15 minutes ago).

There is only 1 file in there that was create today and it's called Analytics_2018-12-15-184940_my-desktop.core_analytics. I looked at the contents and they seemed to relate to kernel panics.

Any more ideas? Thanks

You can try looking in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports, ~/Library/Logs, or /Library/Logs. It depends on when the panic is happening, also if it happens after a certain point you can't retrieve it as it is stored in PRAM on an actual mac, which is not present on a hack, and logged upon startup.

EDIT: You can always go through the console.app and look for the logs.

Edited by apianti

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Do you have special macOS build for iMacPro1,1?

Hello  @Slice.

Thank you for responding.

This situation persists since the first releases of HS with iMacPro support, and on all next releases including last 10.14.3b1

Edited by yapan4

On 12/18/2018 at 11:52 AM, Slice said:

Do you have special macOS build for iMacPro1,1?

Hello  @Slice :

Like yapan4 i have today a problem with my new X299 iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS build :

At the begening of this year i mounted  a new build with a Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro mobo and after succefully managed an install with High Sierra upgraded to 10.13.6 i was able to test all the developer beta releases and install Mac Os Mojave 10.14.1.18B75.  This build is fully fonctionnal.

So i decided for professionnal  usage to have a second build this time with an EVGA X299 FTW K mobo - i9 7940x , first with 32 GB 2133 mhz Crucial ram an now with 32 GB 3000 mhz ram Corsair Dominator platinium ( because i thought my probem was the ram)

But even if i could managed a fresh install of HIgh Sierra on this build ( High Sierra 10.13.6 is fully fonctionnal on my new EVGA build)

i can't boot on any USB Mojave installer ( i did try three different sticks) nor on pre-installed Mojave 10.14.0 or Mojave 10.14.1 on SSD.

Like yapan4 my boot stuck at end randomseed +++++ even with severalls Clover version the latest i used is Clover 4798

Here is my boot.log , any help will be very appreciated . Thanks

Attached my preboot.log

preboot.log

Edited by Loloflat6

Hi. @Loloflat6

For Mojave you need new kernel patches. Kernel patches from HS do not work on Mojave.

The best way is  unlocked BIOS from the manufacturer. Write them...

Our situation on С422 is slightly different and worse than yours.

Good luck!

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:

Hello  @Slice :

At the begening of this year i mounted  a new build with a Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro mobo and after succefully managed an install with High Sierra upgraded to 10.13.6 i was able to test all the developer beta releases and install Mac Os Mojave 10.14.1.18B75.  This build is fully fonctionnal.

So i decided for professionnal  usage to have a second build this time with an EVGA X299 FTW K mobo - i9 7940x , first with 32 GB 2133 mhz Crucial ram an now with 32 GB 3000 mhz ram Corsair Dominator platinium ( because i thought my probem was the ram)

But even if i could managed a fresh install of HIgh Sierra on this build ( High Sierra 10.13.6 is fully fonctionnal on my new EVGA build)

i can't boot on any USB Mojave installer ( i did try three different sticks) nor on pre-installed Mojave 10.14.0 or Mojave 10.14.1 on SSD.

Like yapan4 my boot stuck at end randomseed +++++ even with severalls Clover version the latest i used is Clover 4798

Attached my preboot.log

preboot.log

Just wonder if macOS ever works on such computer. :worried_anim:

• Haha 2

So I had this superduper question to the Clover Team and the almighty Slicey. 

Is there a story behind the name of Clover boot loader? Why did you guys choose the name "Clover"? 

Or is it just random? 

Just curious, cuz I'm always very... very curious. Being curious is good, it teaches you one thing or a few. Don't judge me. 

looking forward for the answer. You know, this might open many portals of our universe. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Oh man, where did Kabyl go? So many people have disappeared... In case anyone is wondering, I'll just directly state that when Slice, Kabyl, TheKing, usr-sse2, and modbin, I think that's everyone, started the EFI project that deviated from Chameleon, Kabyl suggested Clover because the mac command key icon looks like a four leaf clover.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackosx said:

1 hour ago, apianti said:

Oh man, where did Kabyl go? So many people have disappeared... In case anyone is wondering, I'll just directly state that when Slice, Kabyl, TheKing, usr-sse2, and modbin, I think that's everyone, started the EFI project that deviated from Chameleon, Kabyl suggested Clover because the mac command key icon looks like a four leaf clover.

Thank you.

Yup, this is interesting. Some history there.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, Loloflat6 said:

Hello  @Slice :

Attached my preboot.log

preboot.log

Perhaps this might help you 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Thanks for your suggestion but here in Clover general discussion I'm on the wrong thread : I think is a problem between EVGA bios and Mojave witch one I don't know : MSR patche with CPUpm checked works in High Sierra and don't work in Mojave  : I'm able to install Mojave on mobos series 7 and 8, usually bios allows to uncheck CFG_lock and also on an E7440 Dell laptop ,  also works on my Gigabyte X299 mobo ...

Edited by Loloflat6

17 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for your suggestion but here in Clover general discussion I'm on the wrong thread : I think is a problem between EVGA bios and Mojave witch one I don't know : MSR patche with CPUpm checked works in High Sierra and don't work in Mojave  : I'm able to install Mojave on mobos series 7 and 8, usually bios allows to uncheck CFG_lock and also on an E7440 Dell laptop ,  also works on my Gigabyte X299 mobo ...

Hi, 

You could do this at your own risk: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg#verifymsre2

Unlock CFG. 

Edit: Or you could ask EVGA for a UEFI BIOS with unlocked CFG. 

Edited by Dwarfy