Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hey, folks!

I really could use some help from you. I just installed OS X 10.10 on a brand new GA-B75M-D3H/I7-3770 hackintosh, using the Vanilla guide (Chameleon based) and all went fine. But when I tried to boot from the internal HDD (2TB, 4K blocks), I got that annoyed but quite expected "Boot0: Error". Then I started the system using the installer, and simply installed Clover (version 3113, from Sourceforge's) on the HDD and did a reboot. No joy either: this time, a Boot0f error. So I resorted to the good old "dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/diskXsY" method and solved it from Chameleon side.

However, iMessage issues can only be solved from Clover. Then, I installed Clover again, and this time it greeted me with its boot menu screen, only for me to discover I could boot from any of my HDDs, except the one where Yosemite is installed, which simply didn't show up (funny enough, its recovery disk appears just fine in the menu)! I reinstalled Clover again quite a few times with many setup combinations to no avail, which makes me wonder if whatever 4K block solution that worked for Chameleon just masked the issue with Clover, so now I get to the boot menu but the disk where Clover is installed won't show up. I'm using a very clean config.plist, so I'm sure the problem doesn't lie there. 

Help?

P.S.: Clover legacy mode, only for the record. I really want it to boot in legacy mode. Don't want to mess with UEFI for the moment, since my other hack gave me lots of headaches with UEFI boot, and is quite stable with legacy Clover.

I think debug.log will give us information what is happen.

@ghostraider - what if you just changed the key name Watermarks to say Watermellon - then it may not find a value of 1 for Watermarks? just an idea?

Looking for kext patching or config.plist for HD4000 gfx on series 6 chipset mobo. 

i was interested to know how folks have fixed things for using an HD4000 (IntelFramebufferCapri) but on Series 6 Mobo. Basically trying to not have it load AppleSNBGraphicsFB - which it is by matching on IMEI device.

i tried to change IMEI via FakeID but somehow i still get the same 1c3a device versus what i want - 1c3e. for now i manually edit the Info.plist  device match info to get IMEI match in Capri kext (vs SandyBridge kext)

... but was looking for a more elegant solution

.................................................................................

P.S.: Clover legacy mode, only for the record. I really want it to boot in legacy mode. Don't want to mess with UEFI for the moment, since my other hack gave me lots of headaches with UEFI boot, and is quite stable with legacy Clover.

I have same board and never had any issue booting in UEFI mode. It's been an year and everything is working.

Friends have some way to apply the patch in AppleLPC by switch "Kexts To Patch" Clover?

Replacing the ID of a chipset on the other? Without having to apply through the DSDT?
As you can see in the image below. I tried to apply, but without success.

post-1145065-0-05097100-1421590612_thumb.png

If there is any solution. Thanks for the help.

Allan. This is all I've ever done. Only I wanted the Clover automatically inject the correct ID of my chipset in AppleLPC.

In kext AppleLPC there Chipset ID B75 (1E49).
This would avoid the whole time, when upgrading OS X, avoid having the trouble of manually change the chipset ID within the kext after a system update.
In DSDT has the patch, but it is to force load the kext with the chipset ID Z77.

In DSDT has the patch, but it is to force load the kext with the chipset ID Z77.

And you're doing the same thing by adding your id directly into the plist.

It just works better the other way around, instead of injecting your id in the kext you mask yours as a similar and compatible one already present in the kext. That way you don't need to modify the original kext after an update.

Clover offers that functionality you want with InfoPlistPatch (at the end of the section) but it's not consistent.

Hi there,

I have switched from v 3050 to v3128.

Problem : my SMBIOS serial is overided with a mystic one with the digits "HACK" inside and my RAM effective frequency is not readen anymore. Instead it is the theorical value is shown is system profiler.

And it breaks my trim patch, damn it :/

If i can help with something to resolve this, tell me please cause i appreciate to have a minimum control on my rig in particular for the serial.  :no:

nvm, switched back to 3050. Hail to 3050.

Hi everyone

I have installed Yosemite in my Dell XPS 8000 PC and I would like to install Windows 7 (dual boot) in UEFI mode so as I can start it directly from Clover, but when I boot from an USB drive with Windows UEFI and Clover installed, Windows 7 installation doesn't recognize any internal SATA drive.

I followed this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303615-guide-install-windows-8-uefi-on-legacy-bios-with-clover-and-dual-boot-with-yosemite/

If I boot directly from Windows CD (no UEFI) everythink is ok.

My PC has an old bios, without AHCI mode, but I managed to make Yosemite work by adding a legacyappleachiport.kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10

How can I make Windows installation recognize SATA hard drives?

Thank you, hope someone can help me!

hi guys,

since I updated from Clover 2976 to 3128, Clover "scan entries" for 30 seconds before the boot menu is loaded. I haven't changed anything in my config file. Is there a new option I have to deactivate?

Thanks

I have been trying to skip the clover boot screen and directly boot into yosemite but even after adding fastboot=true and timeout=0 in config.plist using clover configurator it comes up with strange blue screen loader with drive icons and i still need to select my yosemite drive to boot up 

please assist as new to clover

I have been trying to skip the clover boot screen and directly boot into yosemite but even after adding fastboot=true and timeout=0 in config.plist using clover configurator it comes up with strange blue screen loader with drive icons and i still need to select my yosemite drive to boot up 

You need to add LastBootedVolume as the default boot option in your config

Is Clover using any of your config.plist configuration, for example the SMBios? It sounds like maybe it can't find the config.plist or it's corrupted or has a syntax error.

Either that or there's 2 separate issues: it can't find the theme and the boot entry is not set correctly in the config (try using the UDID instead of the Volume name).

post a boot.log.

Which clover theme are you using? If you have no themes in the theme folder or try to use the default theme then this causes the behaviour you are seeing.

Since clovers r3128 update the info.plist patch gives me a kernel panic, r3113 no issues

here is my plist

<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>pci14e4,16bc</string>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleSDXC</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>pci1217,8221</string>

what i'm doing wrong ?, also tried with hex code 0x14e416bc 

Can anyone boot Windows DVD using Clover? 

Or is anyone having trouble loading EFI drivers?

My windows DVD is in Joliet format and both Grub UDF and Iso9660 drivers are installed.

bdmesg says:

Loading GrubISO9660-64.efi status=Success
- driver needs connecting
Loading GrubUDF-64.efi status=Success

I think there's a problem loading some drivers.

NTFS driver from here doesn't work: http://efi.akeo.ie/

hfsplus.efi loads and works.

Snow Leopard DVD is detected and boots fine!!

PS. Is there a fix yet for auto boot with timeout=0 using embedded theme and text-only mode?

Hi everybody, I install yosemite with clover on my configuration, but now I have  a problem with sleep and screen resolution at boot. I can't set the maximum resolution for my monitor 1440x900 to clover (osx work very well), I tried to extract the video bios, and I use the "loadvideo bios" and "patching vbios" function, I remove the 1400x1050 resolution with 1440x900. Now I see in bootlog 1440x900 already set, but when I press the button "autoset" on the monitor, it shows the message "bring the resolution to 1440x900". I use an DVI-I-VGA adapter on my HD4870 dual DVI. I extract my EDID information with IORegistryExplorer and I inject it with clover.

For the sleep I prove to use applertc patch but after sleep, my monitor is black, with mountain lion after I apply RTC patch to AppleRTC.kext, sleep work very well, but with yosemite the applertc patch seems not function. My configuration is in signature. I attach my config.plist and bootlog.

bootlog.log.txt

config.plist.zip

0:439  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Starting ========
0:439  0:000  VideoCard devID=0x104A10DE
0:439  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
0:439  0:000  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:439  0:000  USBADR[1] = 0x1A0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:597  0:157  USBADR[2] = 0x1D0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:597  0:000  first CPU found at 778D offset 7790
0:597  0:000  score candidate at 7789
0:597  0:000  score inserted in acpi_cpu_score _PR_
0:597  0:000  Found ACPI CPU: CPU0 And CPU1 And CPU2 And CPU3 And CPU4 And CPU5 And CPU6 And CPU7 
  within the score: _PR_
0:597  0:000  Found PCIROOTUID = 0
0:597  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========

What does this section is doing in my boot log when I am using custom dsdt? And how I can stop this?

I also read at clover wiki that fast boot will disable spdScan but clover still does that.

Can anyone boot Windows DVD using Clover? 

Or is anyone having trouble loading EFI drivers?

My windows DVD is in Joliet format and both Grub UDF and Iso9660 drivers are installed.

bdmesg says:

Loading GrubISO9660-64.efi status=Success
Loading GrubUDF-64.efi status=Success

I think there's a problem loading some drivers.

NTFS driver from here doesn't work: http://efi.akeo.ie/

hfsplus.efi loads and works.

Snow Leopard DVD is detected and boots fine!!

PS. Is there a fix yet for auto boot with timeout=0 using embedded theme and text-only mode?

There might be a problem with the grub drivers....

I can confirm that VBoxIso9600-64.efi in /Drivers64 enables Clover to boot a Joliet formatted Windows DVD - see post#25.

For ntfs.efi, try this one from @JrCs.

• Like 2

There might be a problem with the grub drivers....

I can confirm that VBoxIso9600-64.efi in /Drivers64 enables Clover to boot a Joliet formatted Windows DVD - see post#25.

For ntfs.efi, try this one from @JrCs.

Thanks for the help :)

I'll just settle for USB drives for now.

I do however think that there is a problem with certain efi drivers.

PS. That NTFS driver you linked works. Strange since the other ones I tried didn't.

Edited by Dr. Hurt

0:439  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Starting ========
0:439  0:000  VideoCard devID=0x104A10DE
0:439  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x10000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0x0
0:439  0:000  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:439  0:000  USBADR[1] = 0x1A0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:597  0:157  USBADR[2] = 0x1D0000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
0:597  0:000  first CPU found at 778D offset 7790
0:597  0:000  score candidate at 7789
0:597  0:000  score inserted in acpi_cpu_score _PR_
0:597  0:000  Found ACPI CPU: CPU0 And CPU1 And CPU2 And CPU3 And CPU4 And CPU5 And CPU6 And CPU7 
  within the score: _PR_
0:597  0:000  Found PCIROOTUID = 0
0:597  0:000  ========= Auto patch DSDT Finished ========

What does this section is doing in my boot log when I am using custom dsdt? And how I can stop this?

I also read at clover wiki that fast boot will disable spdScan but clover still does that.

IDK about speedscan, but a custom dsdt will still be autopatched if you have any dsdt options enabled. It's actually quite useful IMO. If you don't want that, you should just be able to uncheck any dsdt options. However, typically when any dsdt options are enabled it says what patches it's making in the boot log. It looks to me like it isn't doing any for you, it's just stating that it's gone through the auto patch part of the boot process.

Personal Clover is creating the "log" usually in Yosemite? For here, is not. In the Mavericks usually creates.
I'm using the latest version of it, and he never created the "log" here
follows the image:

post-1145065-0-73602700-1422189517_thumb.png

And I'm with another problem. Patch for kext "AppleRTC" Clover is not working in Yosemite. The Clover does not apply the patch, making my system reinicalizar always from scratch.
I am applying the patch in "AppleRTC" manually.