Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Find out another problem,plug in installer usb flash drive,install clover in ESP in SSD and USB Flash drive,mount EFI partition in SSD first and mount USB flash drive second that contain config.plist,open USB flash drive config.plist with TextEdit,it will not open it,instead of,it will open SSD config.plist.Like a partition name conflict.But copy and paste config.plist from one to another is OK.Only mount one partition edit is OK.

Also I cannot shutdown without unplug usb drive.Instead of shutdown it restart.

The error is:

error1: boot

\5

This message may appears if partition table is broken or not read

;
    ; Look for the booter partition in the MBR partition table,
    ; which is at offset kMBRPartTable.
    ;
    mov     si, kMBRPartTable       ; pointer to partition table
    call    find_boot               ; will not return on success

error:
    LogString(boot_error_str)

Use recommended methods for install Clover.

• Like 1

hello Slice

i can't build any clover rev since 3142 and after

the gui don't load .. strange is ur pkg is working 3142 from the rep

i upload some log from clover builder.. can u see if anything is wrong ?

i use biosblockio uefi boot insyde from lenovo

Clover Builder Output_3147.txt.zip

boot.log.zip

thanks

hello Slice

i can't build any clover rev since 3142 and after

the gui don't load .. strange is ur pkg is working 3142 from the rep

i upload some log from clover builder.. can u see if anything is wrong ?

i use biosblockio uefi boot insyde from lenovo

attachicon.gifClover Builder Output_3147.txt.zip

attachicon.gifboot.log.zip

thanks

Hello!

I didn't reproduce your bug like this

================= Making all in boot1-install =================
	[XCODE] boot1-install
2015-01-29 19:20:27.878 xcodebuild[9981:361154] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /SourceCache/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-6611/IDEFoundation/SourceControl/Model/IDESourceControlManager.m:423
Details:  Error Domain=com.apple.dt.IDESourceControlErrorDomain Code=-1 "Missing extension: public.vcs.subversion" UserInfo=0x7fe555573860 {NSLocalizedDescription=Missing extension: public.vcs.subversion}
Object:   <IDESourceControlManager: 0x7fe552c210f0>
Method:   -loadRepositories
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7fe552c2e200>{number = 1, name = main}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

What system and XCode do you have.

I successfully compile in two enviroments:

1. 10.9.5 + XCode 6.1.1

2. 10.7.5 + XCode 4.4.1

But I see no the action in your builder log

cp -R Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* ./

hello Slice

i have try with clovergropro and same thing

i'm using 10.10.2 and last Xcode 6.1.1

Captura de ecrã 2015-01-29, Ã s 22.39.01.png

update

is something related with make pkg

if i use the files from here edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2

no problem

thanks

i have some quiestion.

why asrock board can not scan clover automatically?

UEFI BIOS can scan 'windows boot manager' automatically. right?

so after nvram wipe not have to setup it by bcfg..

what is diffrence between clover and 'windwos boot manager'

i am qurious.. is it possible that make asrock UEFI bios scan clover automatically by bios moding??

hello Slice

the files in EFi/BOOT /BOOTX64.efi

EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

this ones from there are working good.. the ones install from the installer pkg, don't work .. don't reach the GUI

attachicon.gifboot.log.zip

thanks

Sorry again, I don't understand. You say that your compilation rev3147 works good while CloverX64.efi from installer rev3142 not working?

Yes, there were bugs corrected later.

i have some quiestion.

why asrock board can not scan clover automatically?

UEFI BIOS can scan 'windows boot manager' automatically. right?

so after nvram wipe not have to setup it by bcfg..

what is diffrence between clover and 'windwos boot manager'

i am qurious.. is it possible that make asrock UEFI bios scan clover automatically by bios moding??

UEFI BIOS can see /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI if this is a Clover.

Once you started Clover you may see tool to install Clover into UEFI BIOS.

tool.png

Hello good morning

No .. what i'm trying to say

if i make the installer pkg .. and use it .. to install clover

the files from the installer pkg don't work .. the boot hangs before Clover GUI

if i copy the files from EDK2 .. the ones i post before

it works without problems .. if u remember from the builder log the errors come from stage to make the pkg

thanks

hi, I'm having two annoying issues...

- I don't know what i've done to make to countdown timer disappear and now I have to press enter after selection in order to boot. it's not done automatically any more.

- if I restart Windows7 and want to enter Yosemite, I can see only a cursor and can't get to Clover.

can you help pls? I don't have the EFI partition, clover is installed on the Mac OS drive as I was lacking primary partitions.

hi, I'm having two annoying issues...

- I don't know what i've done to make to countdown timer disappear and now I have to press enter after selection in order to boot. it's not done automatically any more.

- if I restart Windows7 and want to enter Yosemite, I can see only a cursor and can't get to Clover.

can you help pls? I don't have the EFI partition, clover is installed on the Mac OS drive as I was lacking primary partitions.

You must put two option in your config.plist

<key>DefaultVolume</key>

<string>MAC</string>       -> MAC is the name of your MAC OS partition.

<key>Timeout</key>

<integer>2</integer>        -> 0 it's for booting directly to MAC, but if you have dualboot it's not a good idea

@takeawaydave,

Did you install Clover with the "Install RC scripts" option?

post-846696-0-63285000-1422742881_thumb.png

This option enables installation of Clover's launchd scripts, necessary to save NVRAM variables on legacy machines that don't have real (hardware) NVRAM ---> saved to NVRAM.plist file on disk.  I would recommend checking this since NVRAM is required for proper iMessage/Facetime functioning (MLB/ROM vars are saved to NVRAM).

Look at Clover's boot log and see if nvram.plist is being loaded eg

bdmesg | grep nvram
2:511  0:037  Loading nvram.plist from Vol 'OSX Yosemite' - loaded, size=2050
2:516  0:005  PutNvramPlistToRtVars ...

Also did you save your config.plist properly?  If you use Clover configurator, you need to click the icon on the bottom left to "Export Configuration" to save any changes made to MLB & ROM in RtVariables.

Check the syntax/spelling of the RtVariables section by opening the config.plist in a text editor and confirm it looks something like below...

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
    <key>MLB</key>
    <string>CK118014DJN1G</string>
    <key>ROM</key>
    <string>6C3E6D1129f2</string>
</dict>

NB ROM can also be entered as data (instead of a hex string) but this then needs conversion to a Base64 value - see post #161.

@takeawaydave,

Did you install Clover with the "Install RC scripts" option?

Hi fusion71au,

Yes I believe I did select "Install RC scripts" option during install as I was using this guide:

http://skylineosx.com/installation/switching-from-chameleonchimera-to-clover/

copying the selections shown on "Settings for non-UEFI" . 

Thanks.

I'm having a weird problem, my Fusion drive is now labeled "recovery hd" after installing Yosemite. Looking at diskutil list, the UUID of the entry does match my recovery hd. Before updating, Boot OS X was shown instead, with the correct UUID. What it should be using is the UUID of the Fusion drive. It still boots my Fusion drive just fine though. What can I do to fix this?

How do I install windows to GPT SSD while there is a clover exist here?including OS X and Microsoft Windows on x86, only support booting from GPT partitions on systems with EFI firmware, but FreeBSD and most Linux distributions can boot from GPT partitions on systems with either legacy BIOS firmware interface or EFI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table ,is it possible to install windows EFI to SSD with clover?I cannot do this cause when I use clover boot windows 7 DVD clover said CDBoot cannot boot CD error code 4,and install windows 7 directly get Microsoft error code.And if I don't use GPT install windows 7 will destroy Clover MBR.Unplug SSD SATA port,install windows 7 to HDD maybe works.

Okay, now I've got a much bigger problem. I can't boot into Yosemite at all. I get the dreaded "requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" error. The system was working find through several reboots and all of a sudden this happens. It still boots into Mavericks. I tried AptioFixDrv2 but that won't let me boot into either Mavericks or Yosemite.

I got another problem,I plug in usb storage like usb flash drive or mp3 player,computer cannot shutdown,instead of,it restart,when I unplug it,problem solved,how to fix this problem with clover when I don't need unplug the usb storage?