Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

confirm working here with QE/CI enable

AMD X6 1055T

Asrock 970 extreme4

HD 4850

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

4 GB ram

TP link WN881ND

PCI-e USB 3.0 card NEC chipset

all hardware working well

amde.jpg

the only problem is when I play movie with quicktime, the audio and video is not sync, but when I play it on movist or VLC it sync, and no problem at all

and the performance of the processor is not good when I compare with AMD Snow Leo 64 bit or win 8 64 bit

cine2g.jpg

geek2t.jpg

Win 8 64 bit

cinewin.jpg

Congratulations! May I ask, as you're using a HD4xxxx, do you see some graphics bugs (not the QuickTime)?

Also QuickTime problem could be solved by specifying right busratio on boot (just a guess).

I am relatively new to the community, I apologise if this is a simple question.

I have a motherboard (ASUS M4N68TM_LE_V2), which has the nForce 630a chipset. However, there is no AHCI mode, only the default (IDE) and RAID. Is there a kext or a workaround which I can use to get my motherboard working with Mountain Lion? First, it shows "com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib load succeeded" then hangs for a few seconds, and goes to "Still waiting for root device".

I have tried it using -x and a few other boot flags, but I still can't get it to work.

Thanks

+1 I have the same problem (

Congratulations! May I ask, as you're using a HD4xxxx, do you see some graphics bugs (not the QuickTime)?

Also QuickTime problem could be solved by specifying right busratio on boot (just a guess).

no, I don't have the graphics bugs

my graphics are smooth, no problem at all

my only problem is with quicktime

ok I will try your suggestion

my specs are

Amd athlon 64 X2 3800+

Msi K9N6SGM-V motherboard

ati graphics card 5450

mountain lion 10.8.0

kexts used NforceATA

the motherboard uses nvidia

mcp61 and the nforce kext worked with it i was getting the root device error before and with out the kext no internal hard disc was detected with my retail install usb

i tired few other nforce kexts and the all gave me waiting for root device error untill i used this once, also on my bios i dont have the option achi mode only raid

I can get X.8.2 running with "Andy's" latest amd kernel. It boots just fine, now if someone could squash those damn Nvidia driver bugs! The best I can get is safe mode, which is a little useless. This is with a 9500GT and a GTX560, but not both at the same time... lol

I will not be posting in the working builds until the nv issue is fixed since it is not a true working build. Been stressing a week over it!

Thanks to "Conti" I have figured out how to boot mountain lion with a nvidia card. Still need acceleration though!

I have noted that when opening Java 7 update11 it Kernel Panics!

Edited by unimatrix725

Is it normal to get graphics tearing with the anv kernel? I'd been having some issues with graphics working at all, but even after I've gotten it up and running (apparently with QE/CI), there are constant graphics tearing and artifacts, especially with icons and when resizing and opening windows and the dock. It's especially bad with Safari, which straight up goes dyslexic. A few screenshots are attached.

If it helps, my system specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 965

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

ATI Radeon HD 5770

6GB RAM

post-376514-0-84356500-1358663423_thumb.png

post-376514-0-21367400-1358663434_thumb.png

post-376514-0-61228500-1358663440_thumb.png

Is it normal to get graphics tearing with the anv kernel? I'd been having some issues with graphics working at all, but even after I've gotten it up and running (apparently with QE/CI), there are constant graphics tearing and artifacts, especially with icons and when resizing and opening windows and the dock. It's especially bad with Safari, which straight up goes dyslexic. A few screenshots are attached.

If it helps, my system specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 965

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

ATI Radeon HD 5770

6GB RAM

Yes, this is normal look at this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285551-ati-graphic-issues-on-amd-ml-hackintosh-systems/

AMD Athlon II x4 640:

32 and 64-bit apps working!

Stock corecrypto working!

It even wash--oh, I guess it didn't wash the dishes after all. Must've been the cat. :D

No more QuickTime panics.

Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz:

64-bit apps working!

32-bit apps, well, uTorrent launches but TextWrangler doesn't. I don't think I have any more 32-bit only apps on my system to test, but if anyone wants to point out a few, I'll test them.

Stock corecrypto working!

No more QuickTime panics.

I haven't any 64-bit non-SSE3 CPUs.

Just curious, with all this emulation going on, will there be any significant performance impacts?

10.8.2 with AnV's kernel is working nicely on my Pentium 4 531 3Ghz. Thanks Andy!

Hi Overclocked Tardis! I'm curious what GPU you have and if it's working or not since there are so many issues with GPUs...

Hello! I Have a 9400GT. Full QE/CI from the look of things.

ToYf25F.png

I do have a question. With my setup - under ArchLinux and Windows 7 - 1080p video plays back beautifully, with very little cpu usage. This really isn't the case currently. Is this because of the overhead - if any exists - of the opemu? I was hoping to utilize my GPU to accelerate video playback much in the same way that I have on Windows and Linux. I'm using MPlayer2 and VLC.

But I must say, I never expected to get ML running on this rig. Very awesome stuff indeed. Apart from the HD video playback issues I'm having, everything else is smooth and responsive. I've been running for about 6 hours now with no noticeable problems. Well, read and write speeds seem to degrade over time while using my external powered USB Harddisk, but I have no clue what that's about and couldn't care less lol.

Hi guys, I have a few problems, so far so good I got my video card to run. However, once I open any program as the text editor I get a kernel panic.

As soon as I open the terminal to patch the binaries or clean up the permissions with Disk Utility, the same problem. Now I have very big doubts whether this is just the drivers alone. The modified kernel and the primary SSSE3emu should be investigated again. I have tried everything to fix the problem, I am stuck. If someone has to fix a feasible idea to the problem, please report.

thanks

http://IMG_5427.JPG

http://IMG_5428.JPG

http://IMG_5429.JPG

I have sent a message to sinetek but unfortunately I have not received any response. We suspect that the primary problems with the kernel through the SSSE3emu caused.

Hello! I Have a 9400GT. Full QE/CI from the look of things.

ToYf25F.png

I do have a question. With my setup - under ArchLinux and Windows 7 - 1080p video plays back beautifully, with very little cpu usage. This really isn't the case currently. Is this because of the overhead - if any exists - of the opemu? I was hoping to utilize my GPU to accelerate video playback much in the same way that I have on Windows and Linux. I'm using MPlayer2 and VLC.

But I must say, I never expected to get ML running on this rig. Very awesome stuff indeed. Apart from the HD video playback issues I'm having, everything else is smooth and responsive. I've been running for about 6 hours now with no noticeable problems. Well, read and write speeds seem to degrade over time while using my external powered USB Harddisk, but I have no clue what that's about and couldn't care less lol.

So, that means the graphics issues perhaps aren't as big on Intel. Interesting... As for the HD playback issues, I really have no idea.

Oh yeah, I use Arch too!

I'm testing now after I've adapted my system. (graphics driver) again with the various kernel currently test2 kernel of Sinetek runs constantly better as amd_kernel by Andy.

Hi there,

Does anybody know why only sinetek AMD test 1 works on fx?

I'm able to boot with it but it is really unstable, and i was wondering if we could make the latest ANV kernel work with fx.

It should boot faster, runs at better peformance , and be more stable.

Bitcore

EDIT: or a newer sinetek kernel ;)

EDIT 2: got Andy's kernel working on fx

Hi guys, I have a few problems, so far so good I got my video card to run. However, once I open any program as the text editor I get a kernel panic.

As soon as I open the terminal to patch the binaries or clean up the permissions with Disk Utility, the same problem. Now I have very big doubts whether this is just the drivers alone. The modified kernel and the primary SSSE3emu should be investigated again. I have tried everything to fix the problem, I am stuck. If someone has to fix a feasible idea to the problem, please report.

thanks

http://IMG_5427.JPG

http://IMG_5428.JPG

http://IMG_5429.JPG

I have sent a message to sinetek but unfortunately I have not received any response. We suspect that the primary problems with the kernel through the SSSE3emu caused.

Heya, my bad, I got busy. I'm still looking for a job in Germany for this summer. Well, this indicates the opemu is doing something wrong.

When does the KP occur?

-- Sinetek

Hi there,

Does anybody know why only sinetek AMD test 1 works on fx?

I'm able to boot with it but it is really unstable, and i was wondering if we could make the latest ANV kernel work with fx.

It should boot faster, runs at better peformance , and be more stable.

Bitcore

EDIT: or a newer sinetek kernel ;)

EDIT 2: got Andy's kernel working on fx

Please let us know how, Don't leave us FX users hanging.

Please let us know how, Don't leave us FX users hanging.

Hi,

As i know how it is to be a FX user, having problems with like every kernel i'll always help you guys.

So the trick is: set your bios right! you'll need a few things to be changed which you don't need for other processors.

Right now, i'm not sure which ones, when i'm back home i'll check my bios and tell you guys.

second, you'll need to use this flags : busratio=15 fsb=200 -force64 -v (where you have to set the busratio and fsb to yours)

Wrong busratio causes bad performance, and -force64 is needed because i'm getting the "loading kexts and then reboot" problem without it.

Bitcore

Hi,

As i know how it is to be a FX user, having problems with like every kernel i'll always help you guys.

So the trick is: set your bios right! you'll need a few things to be changed which you don't need for other processors.

Right now, i'm not sure which ones, when i'm back home i'll check my bios and tell you guys.

second, you'll need to use this flags : busratio=15 fsb=200 -force64 -v (where you have to set the busratio and fsb to yours)

Wrong busratio causes bad performance, and -force64 is needed because i'm getting the "loading kexts and then reboot" problem without it.

Bitcore

Bitcore,do you know why I got instant reboots when loaded kexts,my CPU is AMD A8-4500M(APU),whatever sinetek's kernel or AnV's kernel,I used all boot flags -v -force64(-arch=x64_86) busratio= fsb= Is these kernels not supported for APU?

I can install and use SL&Lion on my processor,but never ML

True Thing got carried away with telling the same over and over again !!!!

There was never a Kernel for a Hyprid Processor like these are and even if u get to install it with one of the kernel u will never have any graphic acceleration wich makes it pretty useless

Answer STAYs the same a clear NO

Sorry

True Thing got carried away with telling the same over and over again !!!!

There was never a Kernel for a Hyprid Processor like these are and even if u get to install it with one of the kernel u will never have any graphic acceleration wich makes it pretty useless

Answer STAYs the same a clear NO

Sorry

Why are you so sure? It is just a K10 cpu with an Radeon graphics core. For example, the a8-3850 GPU is based on a normal HD5570. I don't think there is a difference between an APU and seperate GPU & CPU for the OS. I will try and see if I can get it to work when I have time.