Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Heya, my bad, I got busy. I'm still looking for a job in Germany for this summer. Well, this indicates the opemu is doing something wrong.

When does the KP occur?

-- Sinetek

Yes ! I fix errors opemu for 32 bit and write xnu_src for i386 for lion 10.7.4 , it work with flag arch=i386 , but i get same panic_trap and etc ...

maybe it is problem another ))))

• Like 1

-

APU is AMD's CPU

May I correct you...

APU = AMD's CPU + GPU combination, just like Intel's i5 and i7.

I think APUs are meant for laptops and cheap desktops, not for power-users.

Ah yeah good point there Bronya, you remind me of something that could be tried.. You know, maybe the nVidia drivers (and ATI too..) work a bit better under x86_32 mode.

Let's dig up the ML DP1 again, see where that goes.

-- Sinetek

Ah yeah good point there Bronya, you remind me of something that could be tried.. You know, maybe the nVidia drivers (and ATI too..) work a bit better under x86_32 mode.

-- Sinetek

Sinetek , could you please tell me why your " AMD test 1" kernel works so good on fx?

Bitcore

Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Sinetek , could you please tell me why your " AMD test 1" kernel works so good on fx?

Bitcore

Not sure, I don't remember what is special about this kernel :/ Not much I think it's like the others. You can try -nossse3bit perhaps or -nosse42bit with AnV's rehash of the kernel?

Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Not sure, I don't remember what is special about this kernel :/ Not much I think it's like the others. You can try -nossse3bit perhaps or -nosse42bit with AnV's rehash of the kernel?

too bad ;s nope that doesn't work.

I got anv's kernel working by setting some cpu settings in my BIOS.

So maybe you made it enable some special feature?

Thanks, Bitcore

-- Sinetek

Yes ! But i have qe/ci ! But in single user one problem - it is no correct keyboard . Maybe no correct xnu with opemu ... One problem - if xnu with emu ssse3 , then no correct work sse3 or sse2 or sse or mmx and etc ...

Therefore to be write correct xnu_src.

--Bronzovka

Yes ! But i have qe/ci ! But in single user one problem - it is no correct keyboard . Maybe no correct xnu with opemu ... One problem - if xnu with emu ssse3 , then no correct work sse3 or sse2 or sse or mmx and etc ...

Therefore to be write correct xnu_src.

--Bronzovka

what GPU? for keyboard you need a kext.

spasiba

what GPU? for keyboard you need a kext.

spasiba

No. I have keyboard apple !

If I press the button, the screen shows something else ...

Because without sse4_2 and etc ...

Maybe opemu - it is conflict with sse3 or another ....

Hi, Bronzovka!

I just read you got QE/CI with mountain Lion, right? Is it 10.8.2? Which kernel did you use for it? More important yet, which GPU do you use?

About your keyboard issues, can you upload a picture of what's going on when you press the button?

Best regards and welcome on board!

Hi, Bronzovka!

I just read you got QE/CI with mountain Lion, right? Is it 10.8.2? Which kernel did you use for it? More important yet, which GPU do you use?

About your keyboard issues, can you upload a picture of what's going on when you press the button?

Best regards and welcome on board!

Hi theconnactic!

Yes ! QE/CI for 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 ! But in 10.8.2 problem maybe GPU , because i no know for GPU. ))))

Soon picture for keyboard ! It is problem on 10.7.4 . One problem - it is no correct xnu ...

I new wrote xnu_src my ! Now work keyboard normal ! But problem it to in gui and panic "panic_trap" ...

Heya, my bad, I got busy. I'm still looking for a job in Germany for this summer. Well, this indicates the opemu is doing something wrong.

When does the KP occur?

-- Sinetek

The problem occurs most frequently when I open programs and tools on such. TextEdit, Disk Utility, sometimes when I opening safari or when I want to open the terminal.

I used Sinteks kernel on my AMD Fx-8150 and I can install it using "-v -x -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0" but when I reboot after install it will just reboot. over and over again. not sure what to do I but the same flags for installation when booting but no prevail. :( damn fx processor. Good news it only took 15 minutes to install :P

Hello and welcome bronzovka!!

please, can you upload your modified drivers here?

What Graphic card do you have?

I used Sinteks kernel on my AMD Fx-8150 and I can install it using "-v -x -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0" but when I reboot after install it will just reboot. over and over again. not sure what to do I but the same flags for installation when booting but no prevail. :( damn fx processor. Good news it only took 15 minutes to install :P

boot only with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 or 1 -v -f

then look at where the system is hanging.

did you have taken the decrypter, and the patched dylid placed in /usr/lib/ ?

or try with the amd_kernel by Andy and remove FakeSMC and Dont steal ...kext from S/L/E

Hi , spakk !

I have atiradeon 5770 ! Add driver aty_init for this 5770 and work =)

bronzovka, many thanks for your quick response, that does not help me, unfortunately, I have the Nvidia GTX 550 TI with 3 GByte

What kind of Sinetek kernel did you use?

Update: for the moment, chat server went back to irc.osx86.hu

if it doesn't get more stable, i might move us to SystemNet

chat.osx86.hu: Could not connect!!

boot only with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 or 1 -v -f

then look at where the system is hanging.

did you have taken the decrypter, and the patched dylid placed in /usr/lib/ ?

or try with the amd_kernel by Andy and remove FakeSMC and Dont steal ...kext from S/L/E

bronzovka, many thanks for your quick response, that does not help me, unfortunately, I have the Nvidia GTX 550 TI with 3 GByte

What kind of Sinetek kernel did you use?

I have not pathed or did a decrypter. I do not know how to do this haha.

I have not pathed or did a decrypter. I do not know how to do this haha.

AnV made a new decrypter kext: AppleDecrypt.kext... I'm not sure if Spakk meant this, but you could try. :)

I think it's somewhere in this thread. :D

AnV made a new decrypter kext: AppleDecrypt.kext... I'm not sure if Spakk meant this, but you could try. :)

Okay but If I have a Virtual box on my Laptop and I am trying to install this on my Desktop can I just use my Virtual box to move this file to my Usb Install i am using iAtkos ML on my usb. and I have gotten myself lost after reading and learning so much. im in overload.

Yes I mean Andys new Decrypter kext: AppleDecrypt.kext !!!!