line 68 of the file HWMonitorProfiles.m

[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"MlC:081",    @"CPU Multiplier %X", nil],

in localizable.strings

"CPU Multiplier %X" = "Moltiplicatore CPU %X";

Edited by Marchrius

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I decided to ponder over sensors again.

I wanna to get voltage of something, GPU, CPU, Ram and so on.

1) Is it possible to commit it with Laptops. Because I understand the LPCSensors works only for Desktops and maybe some laotops. By default it gives me nothing

2) Can ACPISensors give some voltage of something? If so how can I find necessary registers? I tried to do it with the aim of RWE under Windows 8 but it is a dark forest where so easy get lost

• 2 weeks later...

hello kozlek

booting 10.9 dp1

my dmesg is full of this

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR CG3S kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8025871800
SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR CG1R kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8025871800

and say msg

revert to old smc mode

12/06/13 00:00:28,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

this with last version

thanks

hello kozlek

booting 10.9 dp1

my dmesg is full of this

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR CG3S kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8025871800

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR CG1R kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8025871800

and say msg

revert to old smc mode

12/06/13 00:00:28,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

this with last version

thanks

Same here, and +10C temps for the CPU on 10.9

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember which version of fake smc I was using on maverick and it showed ambient sensor on my  pro book 4430s

then I installed another version maybe a later one but cannot seem to get sensor showing anymore in hwmonitor

I have tried many fakesmc no luck......

I cannot remember which version of fake smc I was using on maverick and it showed ambient sensor on my  pro book 4430s

then I installed another version maybe a later one but cannot seem to get sensor showing anymore in hwmonitor

I have tried many fakesmc no luck......

Probably my fork: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

You need correctly patched DSDT as well.  See: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

I have tried yours and also my dsdt is patched with maciasl with your repo in sources but I cannot get it to show it again. :-( :-(

Depends on what you're using out of my repo (or not using).  You need to do one of the fan patches, otherwise no SMCD/TAMB.

And you need my fork of FakeSMC including ACPISensors.kext, because only mine has the entry for TAMB.

Good luck...

Well I have quiet fan patch on my dsdt and fakesmc is from you repo too
Will check my dsdt for TAMB.....

I have got it showing again thanks RehabMan you need fan only reading patch…. :)

Hi REhabman now I get this error I was not getting b4

23/06/2013 12:11:43.000 kernel: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0x701

Any ideas what is is for?????

Hi REhabman now I get this error I was not getting b4

23/06/2013 12:11:43.000 kernel: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0x701

Any ideas what is is for?????

It is from LPCSensors.kext.  You can remove it, as there is no support for the ProBook's LPC chipset.

Hi, HWSensors/HWMonitor see only one of two processor on EVGA SR-2 (dual processor mobo, chipset 5520/ICH10R). Kozlek, can You fix it ? What kind of dump you need ? I have everything from darwindumper 2.7.5 except bioses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kozlek,

Do you plan to add Haswell support ?

Here is some of my logs (Z87-UD3H and i5 4670K)

02/07/13 18:55:20,000 kernel[0]: CPUSensors: [Fatal] found unsupported Intel processor, using default Tjmax
02/07/13 18:55:20,000 kernel[0]: CPUSensors: CPU family 0x6, model 0x3c, stepping 0x3, cores 16, threads 16, TJmax 0

If you need something, i will help with pleasure.

Thanks.

Project 5.1.71

post-497804-0-60497000-1372784601_thumb.jpg

Hello Kozlek,

Do you plan to add Haswell support ?

Here is some of my logs (Z87-UD3H and i5 4670K)

02/07/13 18:55:20,000 kernel[0]: CPUSensors: [Fatal] found unsupported Intel processor, using default Tjmax
02/07/13 18:55:20,000 kernel[0]: CPUSensors: CPU family 0x6, model 0x3c, stepping 0x3, cores 16, threads 16, TJmax 0

My 4770K is also model 3C. I looked through the FakeSMC source and found that it only has model ids for ultrabook and laptop haswell cpus, not the regular LGA1150 desktop. 

Here's a kext compiled for 10.9 with model 3c support. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/107-fakesmckext/

• Like 1

Hey Real Deal, have you had success with that kext? Someone else with a 4670K just reported failure on the download page... so I'm curious... I might look at exploring other haswell holes in the code this evening. Unfortunately I only have the one CPU to test on. I only just noticed CPUSensors reporting 16 cores & 16 threads for your cpu... I have a few ideas of where to look.

Edit: well apparently the other guy with a 4670K got it working and I just misunderstood his first post.

• Like 1