Free .mac-style storage

Swad

120 posts in this topic

If you run Windows as well, it works as a "Web Folder" that you can set up as a shortcut in Explorer.

Also, someone commented elsewhere that you can't rename the desktop alias you get on the Mac from "dav", but you can create a folder with any name you like on your box.net account, and then set the server address on your Mac to that folder, like www.box.net/dav/Name_I_Like, and the desktop icon will be "Name_I_Like".

Hey there all so excited people!

Is it only me who can't see the sent files under dav?

When i login wia safari ican see the files are there (even sent via dav connection) but in dav ican't.

Also i can see the folders "pictures, documents, movies" etc.

Any ideas?

(i use 10.4.6 by the way)

To everyone who can't see their files....This seems to be an intermittent problem and nothing to do with our Macs. I was having the same issue, and did absolutely nothing to try and fix it, I looked a few hours later and the files were then showing up. I don't think it is a time delay issue though as I was able to see the files on my Windows box right away (even though the files were uploaded from the Mac).

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=17690

That user managed to get iDisk to work by making .Mac point to a different IP other than idisk.mac.com. The site is in German, but if you manage to make an account, I don't think there's a file size limit. However, the server is really unreliable and doesn't allow for .Mac style syncing or anything...

One day we will get the perfect .Mac server clone. One day. *sigh*

thanks for the link, i was exactly searchin for it since I lost it somewhere between my bookmarks.

I can translate the site to english if you want. I used to have the gmail drive and also registered at box.net a while ago (windows xp) but this was the missing link :) So I will figure it out and post a translated howto if I am successfull. :D

Ok, nothing to translate,

just follow the link and just take the ip of box.net (get it via samspade.org).

But it is a no go because the .mac accound does not accept an @ .

hmmm.

Ok, nothing to translate,

just follow the link and just take the ip of box.net (get it via samspade.org).

But it is a no go because the .mac accound does not accept an @ .

hmmm.

yeah... I followed it all but then the whole .mac no @ kinda messed me up

i was thinking, what if you converted it to hex maybe?

I wanna say thanks again to people who signed up using my link. I edited my post so other people might get the chance to upgrade their accounts.

Now let's complain a little... :)

Anybody found a solution for viewing all the uploaded files when loging into the account through finder?

hmm... your right. I'll work on that. Keep trying to login though.

EDIT: When I compile it for Intel, it doesn't say that there are any errors. The LoginControler files are the same as the PowerPC ones. Weird...

EDIT: I found the bug. The plugin the lets it connect to Google is still PPC and I need to make it Intel. I'll get to it shortly

EDIT: I wrote an email to the creator for the plugin's source code. The best I can do now is wait.