borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

hum munky have u made the change to the whole atindrv and modified those two lines in X1000GA.plugin?

i dont understand why it would only work on x1600 n specially the pro version since the XT is the one used in real intel macs.

Just a stupid little question.

But someone has tryed on ati9700.kext (and others), to apply this trick on a 9700, to know if it's work...

Just my 2 cent question.

yeah already tried, and even a long time ago :) grey screen no mouse

there must be a hack if it doesnt work on X1800....

RobNYC does it work with the X1600 AGP?? :) if yes i know im gonna buy that :)

Crazy! I was just about to try the exact same method as boris on my 9600 mobility, and then I came across this thread. Too weird.

Probably won't work with 9600/9700 mobility, but it's worth a try.

i just tried on a x600 card, but i goofed something when i was unloading callisto so i couldn't boot right. I am gonna try this again later probably from a cleaner standpoint (restore original 9700 kexts and try from there, but until then, 9700 status in the air.)

From what I see, if you have an ATIRadeon9700.kext card follow the exact same steps, except set ATY,WORMY to VGA instead of display. I don't see why this wouldn't work.

example:

<key>IONameMatch</key><string>VGA</string>

I gotta get to class, so I will try this after. I believe this should work.

My card is a CONNECT3D X1600XT and following your instruction it is working perfect !!! device ID is 0x71c0 BIG, BIG TANKS !!!

Is that a AGP card or PCI-E? Because if it is AGP I'll be on my way to buy one :)

Did a quick google search and found out that it is PCI-e. If somebody with an AGB card gets this to work please publish your information.

My card is a CONNECT3D X1600XT and following your instruction it is working perfect !!! device ID is 0x71c0 BIG, BIG TANKS !!!

Could you give specifics?

DVI or VGA? What monitor/resolution? PCIE or AGP??

That's the first report of it working with an XT (sam dev ID as mine) so I'm particularly interested.

From what I see, if you have an ATIRadeon9700.kext card follow the exact same steps, except set ATY,WORMY to VGA instead of display. I don't see why this wouldn't work.

example:

Let us know if it works after you test this out please. Others with ATI Mobility 9700s are interested in the results also!

Could you give specifics?

DVI or VGA? What monitor/resolution? PCIE or AGP??

That's the first report of it working with an XT (sam dev ID as mine) so I'm particularly interested.

same dev id as mine at all....i'm totally tired i'd like to try now, but i think i'm gonna do that tomorrow

i've no dvi cable at the mom...should i do it anyway??

my native res is 1440x900

example:

I originally had that setup like on my laptop, but it doesnt work.

it looks like ATINDRV needs ATIRadeonX1000.kext

Because loading just ATIRadeonX1000 at boot by itself will cause a kernel panic almost immediately, whereas loading it with inconjunction of ATINDRV it goes all the way to the login screen and the screen has two lines.

This is on a Mobile 9600