Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

==================== MOUNTAIN LION ==========================

Only DSDT method.

- edit DSDT pointing to 99 (hex 63) layout ID, as on the HDEF text file attached

- install AppleHDA.kext attached

- cache rebuild

- reboot

;)

ALC1200 working on Mountain Lion 10.8 with DSDT method :)

can you guys explain to me how to edit my dsdt to get this to work? i've found the Device(_HDEF) listing in my dsdt file, copied over it with the text file provided, and put it in the /extra folder when i boot. i've copied the applehda.kext over and run kextwizard to repair the s/l/e folder. what am i doing wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...

After updating to Mountain Lion, I followed the instructions here to install using DSDT patching. Both line in and microphone show up (although I haven't tested either yet), but for audio outputs I get 3 line outs and a digital output, of which only one (of the line outs) actually works. Does anybody know what could be the issue?

My HDEF section of the DSDT is copied straight from the file, and I'm running an Asus P6T.

Edit: the main problem is that the headphone jack doesn't work. In system profiler, under "Intel High Definition Audio" all the devices show up, with 2 instances of the S/PDIF output but only one of everything else, but under "Devices" I have "Built-In Microphone", "Built-in Line Output", "Built-in Output", "Built-in Line Output", another "Built-in Line Output",

Built-in Digital Output", a USB mic I have connected, and LogMeIn's sound driver.

Edit edit: The audio shows up as "Intel High Definition Audio" with Audio ID 99 and no device id.

Hello there, i was trying to read the post to find my answer, but it's too long.

So i will make the question, I have a P5Q with iatkos SL, updated to 10.7.4

I was wondering, if there is a kext for the ALC1200, with all the outputs activated, i want to mirror stereo out to my TV so that before i play a movie or else, i dont have to go to the PC and swap plugs everytime.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

ML is supported with DSDT method?

I am relatively new on Hackintosh, so I prefer not to edit it myself.

Does anyone have edited P6T (plain) dsdt to post?

DSDT I am currectly used is attached, I am not sure if it is correct but works (exept audio).

Mobo BIOS version is latest 1408.

DSDT.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I have a solution for getting your sound working. I have given up trying to get my Asus P5Q-EM ALC1200 sound working for a long time and I decided to buy an inexpensive usb sound card and i was happy when it worked. This little usb soundcard only cost me $2.10!! This is way cheaper then the time i wasted trying to get the ALC1200 to work. I have been walking on eggshells trying to get my sound to work changing kexts and stuff and each time i rebooted I was thinking that it will crash. This little device ended my sound problems forever. I am a hackintosh nOOb so finding a solution to this was very satisfying after many hours of browsing this and other mac forums. I plugged it in and right away the sound icon darkened (so it detected). Im using OSX 10.7.2 the Iatkos version by the way. The little usb soundcard shows up as a "generic usb audio device". Also the microphone works as this soundcard has a mic input. the only problem with the soundcard is that the input jack diagrams on it are reversed. Another words, the micorphone is actually the speaker and speaker is the microphone. Its cheap! but otherwise i get nice flat audio which you can adjust to your liking with bass and treble controls on your speakers.

Anyway here is the link to this soundcard if anyone wants to end their sound problems with ALC1200 and possibly others chips.

http://dx.com/p/virt...ound-card-22475

here is a short video i just made showing that this works. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1227340/osxusbsound.avi I may delete this video later. if link doesnt work means its gone.

• 1 month later...

Only DSDT method.

ALC1200_lm_108.zip

- edit DSDT pointing to 12 (hex 0C) layout ID, as on the HDEF text file attached

- install AppleHDA.kext attached

- cache rebuild

- reboot

;)

this is from my dsdt (Asus P5Q with E8400 and 4GB ram) so you can understand where you have to put the hdef code. DSDTEditor is recommended. Edit your DSDT, don't use mine.

dsdt.zip

these are the xmls needed for our ALC1200 to work right

layout_and_platforms.zip

I had no time to test the audio driver since I upgraded to ML. Headphone wasn't working anymore! Now this quoted from the first post is the audio driver working as on the older versions.

Pay attention we're now pointing on layout 12 again, so set as 0C on your dsdt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi everyone!! i'm a average user of OS X, and now i'm stuck at a problem with audio kext...

my Hackintosh is working fine, but no audio at all, i have asked here and there, and have downloaded tons of audio kexts, but all of them are useless to me due the fact that my MoBo is DELL OEM X501H

by the way, the system say that it's a ALC1200/888 v100101, but oddy enough in windows i got that it's ALC888S

i already used the VoodooHDA option, but it gives KP on boot, and render my Hackintosh unusable, to the extent that i had to use my backup to restore it

if someone is capable and kind enough to patch me the appleHDA kext, i'll be infinitely grateful

i'm attaching the linux codec dump, the DSDT (correctly patched), the pin config (ready to use) and a copy of my sys in .ioreg format

stuff mac.diego.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I'm new to the idea of a Hackintosh and so far seem to have been pretty lucky with getting any of this working judging by the warnings and experiences of others around the web.

Specs:
P5Q Pro - (I believe the audio is ALC1200 which I read somewhere is actually just an upgraded ALC888?)
Q9450
9800 GTX

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB drive with 10.8.4.

I then used it to install the bare minimum to get the system booting and allowed it to remove the recommended problematic kexts.

I then installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext to get my ethernet working.

Now I am attempting to get my audio working (though you probably guessed that from posting in this thread)

I modified my DSDT by adding DTGP and then added HDEF as per the HDEF.txt file attached to the first post in this thread. I believe I have done this correctly, however I am not 100% sure of the correct placement for the HDEF addition. I have attached my dsdt.dsl to this post could someone who understands them better possibly check it for me?

I then installed the AppleHDA.kext also included in the attachment using Kext Wizard to the Extras folder.

I have got somewhere, as before I did the DSDT edit and installed the kext the audio controller did not show up in System Information where as now it does at least show Intel High Definition Audio.

The problem I've reached is I am unsure how to use the XMLs that are needed to get it to work?

I hope someone can help move me forward with this as I've spent many hours trying different solutions and would love to have sound.

• 2 months later...

are on the first post, with 10.8 kext download you can find the hdef fragment.

again is this:

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

going *under* the section PCI0.

attached my dsdt, I recommend you MaciASL for dsdst editing => http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

dsdt.zip

I got it working on my Asus P6T SE, but it was a bit of a pain, so i'll post my work for the others...

- I installed OS X Mavericks with MyHack (CPU, GPU and RAM are recognized already)

- Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.0.0 i installed the Ethernet driver and the fix to make the computer shutdown completely (Ev0reboot.kext) and some others (such as SATA,...)

- using this video i got icloud working (with every app except iMessage, but i don't use it so i don't care)

- finally for the sound card : I installed DSDT editor and did the following :

1.open DSDT editor

2.file -> extract DSDT

3.patch -> open : open the HDEF file in my link (http://www.2shared.com/file/jJNzLzIy/DSDT_edition_files.html)

4.click apply

5.patch -> open : open the DTGP file in my link (http://www.2shared.com/file/jJNzLzIy/DSDT_edition_files.html)

6.click apply

7.IASL -> compile (you should get no errors)

8.IASL -> save aml : save it as "DSDT.aml" in /extra

9.install AppleHDA.kext from the first post using kext utility (it will rebuild cache automatically)

10.reboot and enjoy :)

• Like 1