New Chameleon Announced!

~pcwiz

157 posts in this topic

Very few motherboards support boot chimes (music) on boot, so it's very unlikely. I guess we just have to stay with our BIOS beep instead.... LOL

OT really, but does you MB actually beep when you turn it on? Never had one that did that and it would drive me nuts if it did. I mean, seriously why would it need to beep? So that even the dumbest idiot would notice when the PC is actually turned on (in case he misses the sound of the fans and the brightness of the display)?

OnT: This is really cool, but I don't really need it as I'm not dual booting.

Theme support was added for those that want a bootcamp theme. It can't be included by us because its would be a copyright violation. To stay legal it has to be this way. It shouldn't take anyone longer than a few hours to create a bootcamp theme either (just copy some files to the same volume as chameleon is installled on).

I hope that the countdown will be added automatically instead of having to add it to the Boot.plist... Hopefully :)

I'm curious how the images will be implemented as well. Will the images need to be built-in to the bootloader somehow or will there be a directory you can just drag and drop. I'll be all over making a bootcamp theme. :D

Also, forgot to ask the mother of all questions...

WILL WE BE ABLE TO PLAY THE MAC BOOT SOUND WHEN THE BOOTLOADER STARTS?

:D:D

-Stell

I'm with stell, i want the damn boot chime lol :D

Looks great however

OT really, but does you MB actually beep when you turn it on? Never had one that did that and it would drive me nuts if it did. I mean, seriously why would it need to beep? So that even the dumbest idiot would notice when the PC is actually turned on (in case he misses the sound of the fans and the brightness of the display)?

I think the chime appeal is more the nostalgia than it actually being necessary to tell if the machine turned on.