New Chameleon Announced!

~pcwiz

157 posts in this topic

I have now defected to the AnV kernel, for no good reason. There is no difference that I can tell from using 9.5.0 Voodoo Final.

Just read the documentation (the thread) before installing it, and be careful it doesn't turn your Hackintosh into a Mac Book Pro. Unless that's what you want. I think AnV has a fetish and secretly wants all hackintoshes to be Mac Book pros.

I have AnV kernel installed and my hackintosh turned into an iMac7,1 which I love it, if you see that you hack turned into a MacBook, it is easy to change the configuration name.

I know, I'm using ChameleonSM and mine is set up as iMac9,1.

So I'm using -nomacmodeloverride with the kernel since ChameleonSM already takes care of that. I haven't tried using both at the same time..

AnV's first 9.6.0 kernel did the MacBook Pro thing by itself on my last install. Plus in the logs I found that something was looking for something in users/Andy, which I wasn't very happy about.

I saw that AnV has made his own SMBIOS injector too, maybe I should try that out. ChameleonSM doesn't have the board-id and board-manufacturer overrides.

/edit

I've gone back to using Chun Nan's AppleSMBIOSEFI, Voodoo 9.5.0 and Chameleon 10.12.

very nice. but I don't know what is it for.

has anyone test efix? who can use from efix? what kind of hardware is needed?

can we install leopard original dvd without patch on our pc?

when we can do this?

I have not enough money to buy mac, and I really love mac.

so what should I do?

has anyone test efix? who can use from efix? what kind of hardware is needed?

can we install leopard original dvd without patch on our pc?

when we can do this?

Why dont' you visit the efix website and find out.

good! installed by the guide and all ok.. but now my ram is 667! how can I set it as 800mhz? thanks

i wont understood the instructions of readme file...........can you please explain the process after extracting the files to desktop or somewhere...........

thanx..........

I've installed it and it's working great here... now I'll try to customize the boot screen...

hey please post the exact steps what you used to install this new version...............i wont understood the readme instructions....so please help us........

thanx........

Zef posted this on the Chameleon site today:

Hi Res images are available on their blog. <strong>IT IS NOT OUT YET SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING</strong>

<strong>24.png</strong>

<strong></strong>

That my friend is Sweet Action

Installed this yesterday and it seems hit or miss sometimes it hangs and sometimes it boots right in. I can select my 3 versions of os-x no problem but I cant seem to boot into xp-64 it gives me a loader error but i can boot into drive when chosen as first boot device in bios. I also cannot boot into my kubuntu same as with xp still bootable if selected as first boot device. It also shows all volumes on drives as bootable even if they are not. If i could load both xp and kubuntu and possibly windows 7 with it reliably it really would be the best thing since sliced bread.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Acronis to do the Multi-boot (some oses on disk0, some on disk1), right now. But I'm pretty sick of that Windows7 always kill the AcronisOsSelector periodically. So I'd like to try Chameleon 2. Just downloaded the file "Chameleon-2.0-r431.pkg.zip". And what now?

Which OS should I install (/set active) it in to have that selection screen when boot? Or should I just make a blank partition on disk0s1 to do it? or....... I had never try grub before, so I don't know how it work in relation to Chameleon.

Any step by step instruction can help me understand how it work.

Thanks

Thomas