• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

blinksilver

blinksilver

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

try adding your device ids to the kext,also this is just to help with sleep not res and refresh... thats not ready for release yet.

Omni is the one working on the ATI driver so when he says its ready you will know.

I was just lucky to get to try it out,and I tried to link the GA kext to his framebuffer and not IONdrv luckily it worked ;)

do you think this might work for macvidia????

Proteo

Proteo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

try adding your device ids to the kext,also this is just to help with sleep not res and refresh... thats not ready for release yet.

Omni is the one working on the ATI driver so when he says its ready you will know.

I was just lucky to get to try it out,and I tried to link the GA kext to his framebuffer and not IONdrv luckily it worked ;)

Jas:

It didn't work for me either. All what happens is that the cursor dissapear when the screen is supposed to sleep. I've opened the Info.plist in the RadeonTool package but I can't find a place where to put my device ID at. Would you mind to elaborate a bit more about this step?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Tek_No

Tek_No

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Way to go Omni and JaS ;)

Finally I will get rid of the ugly stretched widescreen desktop (just in time cause my eyes are getting worse every day while using it like this)

Tiburon: no, there are currently no drivers available for download until Omni decides to release them...

Take care,
Tek_No

JJJJJ

JJJJJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
congratulations... very good work!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
isnt a beta release the purpose of having bug and repair them? omni u make us tease !
OMNI i do have my idea to get rid of the tearing if u know how to make an invisible mouse cursor we can finish with it! pm me

isnt the RadeonTool only for notebook? i was wishing to make it work with my LCD but without success

kris2000

kris2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hey,
that's greta news!!
To cyclone : an invisible mouse cursor!!!??? Could you explain?
That would be a kinda hardly difficult working with, what do you think?

autoy

autoy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
He's probably talking about using MouseLocator, a better method than Mousepos (at least for me), free and unibin. The (minor) problem is that mouse arrow doesn't disappear when changing to cursor when there is a text input. But hey, there's no tearing!

Take a look at the mouse tearing thread @ genious bar for links and instructions. The shadowed cursor works better for me.

kris2000

kris2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Thank you Autoy, I'll try that new soft as soon as I'll be back home.
I never heard about that, so thx you!!!

supermegatron

supermegatron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Jas I was in the strangedogs forum reading about flashing ati cards and some guys have that same problem but they are working with ppc macs. They adjust there cards roms to fix this. Could this be what we are experiencing? for reference http://strangedogs.p...14473559&page=9

JustK

JustK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Good Job !

/Cheer...

Can't wait to have my 1680x1050 screen working ^^

dio

dio

The Dio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Omni, Jas and np_ You're officialy on the pantheon of osx86project. :)

Your rock man

Tek_No

Tek_No

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
What about this:

http://docs.info.app...ml?artnum=86823 ???

Related to our mouse tearing problems?

mmk

mmk

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
Is there a way to "lie" to the drivers about the card ID? without flashing the card? :)

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Great job Omni :P, looking foward to geting 1920x1080 on my 27 inch ^_^.

BTW, what still needs to be completed before a release can be made?

Kiphaas7

Kiphaas7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
People need to start reading more and start posting less. A lot of these quesitons (not all) are just plain stupid or have been asked many times before.

"Will my card work with the driver?" If you used common sense, you would know there is no way to predict that untill omni releases his driver, and he will do that when he feels like it should be released. The same people saying release it now will prolly be the same ones saying: "it doesnt work for me, you suck omni!"

And ffs guys/girls, just use the search first. If you don't find results, search again. And again. You will fid results. Then start thinking about posting. If you do post, try to make it look like it has all the information about your question/problem.

Next question, "why does JaS have the driver and I don't?" Even though I don't know them, I did read that JaS is helping omni with the driver. SO in order to help, he would need a version of the driver. JaS is probably more able to handle problems that occur with driver development that most of us forum whores do. We will get it when the testing/devving gurus like omni and JaS think the driver is ready for us. Again, he will do that when he feels like it should be released.

/just made this post because I have a feeling that there will be lots and lotsa posts with the same thing asked over and over again.. :/

Bruce Wang

Bruce Wang

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

try this out for your problem,please test it and report back

http://s44.yousendit...0P0DVBYL2BE66K4 <-- test this is a port of radeonTool(http://fdd.com/software/radeon/)

Thanks for the link, it works on my Radeon M 7500.

Bruce

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,900 posts
well i beat you both to it:

http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=14169

:(

you can always refer idiots to that sticky if you want to remind them of the policy of non-pestering.

djwonderstick

djwonderstick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
omni and jas are gods...simply put

thank you guys for existing

quietglow

quietglow

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired
  • 139 posts
The promise of a working ati driver has everyone going loopy.

omni

omni

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I've posted this earlier but I'll repeat myself again. I want to add proper monitor detection (or at least *some* detection) so that your CRT's flyback transformers do not get fried by some freakish accident (like having a 300Hz vertical refresh). If that's not reason enough for you, then what else can be (or you feel like buying a new monitor?) :)

Also, I will try to implement hardware cursor to the driver in hope that it will rectify the problem of tearing or at least make it less pronounced. Whether that will help or not - I do not know, we'll see when I get it working - IF I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy