omni driver for ATI with QE/CI/GL

omni

163 posts in this topic

Just wait for my driver's alpha release. The one that you linked to does nothing, it's just a skeleton. I will make sure to write concise instructions on how to set my driver up.

Hi Omni!

This "skeleton" you are talking about, is that what your alpha driver is based on, or is it an earlier attempt of a driver?

@ 5024

:angry:

You should learn french and be more friendly. :gathering:

What do you think ? That everybody should learn and know english? :hysterical:

Are you stupid? How old are you? Be adult men !

Alex from France ! :graduated:

@ Omni

Please, when will the alpha online, approximatly...

Thanks ! :hysterical:

i think the moderator here is more like a {censored}.

he deletes threads that he believes to be "useless"

freedom of speech... oh amelica.

Freedom of speech only applies when your not an idiot. Otherwise, when someone operates a space (vitual or otherwise) one is expected to have a certain manor. This is kindergarden stuff........... :hysterical:

Incase you didn't see earlier posts, I might add that his reason for not releasing the source is for security purposes. Our security, that is. If his code is available to the general public, it also means that it's available to Apple. They can find a way to make home-made drivers like this a little harder to work with. They'd litterally have a field day going through the code and seeing how he circumvented any of our numerous problems with graphics cards. They want their operating system to have as strict hardware support as possible.

Having said that, one quick side note: America grants free speech to all when they want to voice their opinion on politics, religion, or any other topic. You cannot be arrested or fined for what you say. However, you may enter an institution by your free choice that does not tolerate certain behavior. In this case, you must respect their standards. In my school, cursing out loud to the teacher obviously gets you in trouble. In these forums, the moderaters set standards in order to keep these forums from becoming a mess. But remember, by using these forums and entering the instiution of these forums by your own free will, then you automatically agree to the contract set forth in the board's "terms and conditions." If you disagree, you aren't forced to remain here. You can leave. The same goes with my school's policey. And that is your freedom.

Having said that, lets get back on topic!

Come on ppl read the previous posts and stop asking questions that where answered. Let the man do his job!!! Why is so hard to read previous posts?? Why you ppl tend to ask questions and have the answer personally addressed to you. The moderator is right in what he is doing!!! He is cleaning after you, and don't call him names cos that is not nice!!! Be patient cos Omni will release the driver sometime soon, but how soon nobody knows, even him doesn't know, when he will be ready he will give you the driver and support for with all his dedication and passion. Wait till then and you will see how happy you will be!! Till then do something, smoke, drink, find a girl or I donno anything that makes you happy!! (Hey I'm only kidding so don't kill me for saying that!!)

I'm sure that Omni will put a naked girl in his driver (she will give you a kiss on the screen as a reward for being nice and patient).

Just wait for my driver's alpha release. The one that you linked to does nothing, it's just a skeleton. I will make sure to write concise instructions on how to set my driver up.

Nice to hear that!!

Now I am gonna sit back to wait.

First of all, Apple doesnt care about building a serious preventing system against us, after "we're" decrypting their most important files.No questions about it!If they wanted to prevent OSX, they would do that!

Apple just dont care about having a new ATI driver! They can do the most against osx86, if they really wanted to do that!But they DONT!

Okay, what about free speech!Once if you have to go to China, or Eastern Europe to speak free, it means your country doesnt have freedom!

Just think about it my brothers!

Incase you didn't see earlier posts, I might add that his reason for not releasing the source is for security purposes. Our security, that is. If his code is available to the general public, it also means that it's available to Apple. They can find a way to make home-made drivers like this a little harder to work with. They'd litterally have a field day going through the code and seeing how he circumvented any of our numerous problems with graphics cards. They want their operating system to have as strict hardware support as possible.

Having said that, one quick side note: America grants free speech to all when they want to voice their opinion on politics, religion, or any other topic. You cannot be arrested or fined for what you say. However, you may enter an institution by your free choice that does not tolerate certain behavior. In this case, you must respect their standards. In my school, cursing out loud to the teacher obviously gets you in trouble. In these forums, the moderaters set standards in order to keep these forums from becoming a mess. But remember, by using these forums and entering the instiution of these forums by your own free will, then you automatically agree to the contract set forth in the board's "terms and conditions." If you disagree, you aren't forced to remain here. You can leave. The same goes with my school's policey. And that is your freedom.

Having said that, lets get back on topic!

You know what the real problem here is, its not a big deal if once every few weeks someone were to be like, "Hey omni, any progress?" but rather the fact that everyone who comes into the forum thinks they are special and when they asks, onmi _has_ to answer. That people are so egocentric here, thet simply will not take the time to read a few posts, come on 7 pages, its nothing. I have read most of this forum because i was looking for answers, but some are just not willing to do things on their own, they need to be feed and made special by doing something of this format.

{annoying phrase they think is clever} {smile} {omni is great} {i want the driver now}

all that has served is to make omni less will to talk on this forum : (. To all those who fall into this set, thanks a bunch.

Sometimes i think some of these people consider omni their private programmer.

Just my .2$ rupees

Just for the record, I actually *am* a {censored}. And i'm quite sensitive about it, thank you. *sniff*.

But come on, boys and girls, lets not get all pissy about things here. I'm *not* trying to censor anyone or take their free speech away, i'm *trying to clean up a thread* to keep it readable, relevant and interesting. If this thread descends into a flamewar, or keeps veering wildly off-topic, I might have to take my own life in despair.

So lets all be friends, mkay?

Mkay.

Luv n hugs

le munky

Hehe, the number of people saying "leave omni alone, don't ask" and that seems to outweigh the number of people actually asking. Of course people are going to ask, that's natural. Omni doesn't have to (and I'm sure doesn't) read their requests - unless they're PMs, of course, which is perhaps nasty.

Omni: please create a new thread when the alpha driver is released, so everyone will be able to see it quite clearly without sifting through masses of junk.

I do read all the posts else I might miss something important. I get PMs from people asking me where to download the driver and how to install it. Funny thing is I dont even know where to download the driver from yet :angry:

Actually I do know where the driver will be, and I will post a link to the site once I put some pages up. That site will be the only point of contact for it and I will stop posting here anything related to the driver or answer any future questions about it. It will also be the only intended location to download it from as well.

I too am a {censored} & will continue to be so as long as people excercise their freedom of speech inapropriately.. If being quiet in class is an infringement of your rights, then consider yourself enslaved.

Why not have a thread that is marked read only and oly omni or other ati driver project contributors can post news? This is the way for all the people that need to know what is the current status of development without having to read all the wishes and whining. Go to forums read the damn read-only thread containing useful info, end of story.

@omni : the web site idea is just great. Post the news there if any - thats it.

omni just a last question did u fix the mouse tearing problem? i remember np_ said he could help u with ur cursor driver..any news on this?

and by any chance a date for ur website hosting the driver? (like that people stop asking where is the link? how to install it?)

omni just a last question did u fix the mouse tearing problem? i remember np_ said he could help u with ur cursor driver..any news on this?

and by any chance a date for ur website hosting the driver? (like that people stop asking where is the link? how to install it?)

As far as I know, the last comment he had about tearing was that it is still present even with his driver.

I'm going to see if I can annoy a certain *somebody* to test drive this driver. I was able to test JaS's original alpha skeleton ATi driver. I'm not a total idiot. :angel: