R3van

R3van

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
i don`t have that option too:

Posted Image

Sleep works but when i try to wakeup via power-button it ends with blackscreen, fans are running and the power-led still blinks as in sleep

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 874 posts
@Koalala
It would be nice to credit all the people who did the works you used to make that app.

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trax and Hax
Any news on how to get that option enabled? If I try to enable it manually in terminal it says not supported.

DukeRaoul

DukeRaoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Power Mac G5 reincarnated as C2D: <br /><br />GA-EP43-UD3l<br />Pentium...
Need a little help - anyone? I have a strange thing showing for the location of my GFX card in IOregistryExplorer.
What should I choose for the location of my Nvidia card? PCI 0, PCI 1, or something else? (see pic)
I see the location where other people's card address could be found as showing "pci-bridge@1" - what is that?

Any info appreciated!
Attached File  IOregGFXloc.jpg   57.01KB   171 downloads

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts

Need a little help - anyone? I have a strange thing showing for the location of my GFX card in IOregistryExplorer.
What should I choose for the location of my Nvidia card? PCI 0, PCI 1, or something else? (see pic)
I see the location where other people's card address could be found as showing "pci-bridge@1" - what is that?

Any info appreciated!
Attached File  IOregGFXloc.jpg   57.01KB   171 downloads

Use the output of IOACPIPlane selection insted of IOService to see the name of device you use for the dsdt patcher (PEX#, PCI#, PEGP,...). For example PEX4 is my LAN, PEGP my GPU.

Attached Files

crazybyte

crazybyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
THANKS!!! You solved my finding the id trouble :whistle:

Cyberdog !

Cyberdog !

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 280 posts

Use the output of IOACPIPlane selection insted of IOService to see the name of device you use for the dsdt patcher (PEX#, PCI#, PEGP,...). For example PEX4 is my LAN, PEGP my GPU.

cool !!

DukeRaoul

DukeRaoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Power Mac G5 reincarnated as C2D: <br /><br />GA-EP43-UD3l<br />Pentium...

Thanks, but that still doesn't help me find mine - the Nvidia card doesn't show up anywhere in IOACPIPlane output. The ethernet and audio hardware shows up ok, but the graphics card is nowhere.
What I do see is the root of all the devices at PCI0@0, and there's no PCI 1, 2, 3 or any other. There are PEX 0 - 5 listed, but only Ethernet is under one of those.
Is my graphics card more likely to be one of the PEX listings or just PCI 0? I believe I have tried PCI 0 and it didn't work.

evo.hack

evo.hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
My ATI isn't working with retail 10.5.6 kexts and the patched BIOS (patched F8j), Realtek 889a doesn't work that way too. On the other hand, Time machine fix works, and I can use AppleIntelCPUPowerManadgement.kext. Has anyone any idea why that is happening?

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Any news on how to get that option enabled? If I try to enable it manually in terminal it says not supported.

I don't have it either. There's not much information about it, only that most people have it and the rest of us don't...
I do have it in my BIOS under APM settings, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to Leopard if APM is on or off in the BIOS.

If you find any information about this, please share.

@Koalala
It would be nice to credit all the people who did the works you used to make that app.

Your name appears on the first post in bold. But you probably mean in the app itself.

OT but would you mind saying why you deleted your initial post in the 88E8056 DSDT 'fix' thread?
For me it was very useful, I learned a lot from it and now it's gone from Google Cache too.
I copied it to a text file but I lost it when my last install had a gross hibernation accident, and now all I'm left with is working 88E8056 via DSDT!

I would also like to thank you for your work in the NVCAP decoding thread.

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

My ATI isn't working with retail 10.5.6 kexts and the patched BIOS (patched F8j), Realtek 889a doesn't work that way too. On the other hand, Time machine fix works, and I can use AppleIntelCPUPowerManadgement.kext. Has anyone any idea why that is happening?

Your video card device id is 9589, it isn't in the plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext
there are several things you can do about that:
1.edit the plist and add your device id
2.use plist only kext which will add your device id to the kext (better choice than 1)
3.flash your bios to 2600xt with device id 9588 (better imho but more dangerous)

Regarding your sound card, what kext's are you using?

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Your video card device id is 9589, it isn't in the plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext
there are several things you can do about that:
1.edit the plist and add your device id
2.use plist only kext which will add your device id to the kext (better choice than 1)
3.flash your bios to 2600xt with device id 9588 (better imho but more dangerous)

Choice 2 :wacko: : Use this Legacy kext (put it in your Extra/Extension folder) and you won't need to change anything in ATI Vanilla Kexts for QE/CI (No need to flash bios!)
Attached File  LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip   2.91KB   33 downloads

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Just saw this thread:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=161950
looks very interesting
this should be bundled into the patcher so we don't need legacy kext's for audio
in the meantime, I will try to adjust it to my alc889a

crazybyte

crazybyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello, i have two PC, one with asus motherboard that works with DSDT flasher using the localizations found in IOACPIPlane, and another one from Gigabyte, (EP35-DS4 1.1) that gives me the same problem that you have... There is no reference to any video card in the IOACPIPlane, and in IOService it is on PCI-bridge0

Plase, if you found any solution to finding the id of your NVIDIA card, plase tell it to me... I think that the missing ID can be related with the double beep issue

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Hello, i have two PC, one with asus motherboard that works with DSDT flasher using the localizations found in IOACPIPlane, and another one from Gigabyte, (EP35-DS4 1.1) that gives me the same problem that you have... There is no reference to any video card in the IOACPIPlane, and in IOService it is on PCI-bridge0
Plase, if you found any solution to finding the id of your NVIDIA card, plase tell it to me... I think that the missing ID can be related with the double beep issue

I just noticed the same thing in my ioresitryexplorer. Also I noticed that my system scored 20 points higher in xbench by removing appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Just saw this thread:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=161950
looks very interesting
this should be bundled into the patcher so we don't need legacy kext's for audio
in the meantime, I will try to adjust it to my alc889a

;)
Didn't managed to adjust it to my chip
so i just copied the HDEF part from the link into my own dsdt
i've got output with no kext's/legacy kext's (the only kext on the system is appledecrypt)
although i got few sound assertion upon boot...
maybe someone with better understanding of dsdt could make it better

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

-_-
i've got output with no kext's/legacy kext's (the only kext on the system is appledecrypt)

You need to adjust the values of "ConfigData" according to your codec verbs. You can obtain codec verbs from linux codec dump.

kizwan

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
This is my HDEF part before using modification (right after using the tool described on this thread)

Device (HDEF)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
					Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						Return (Package (0x02)
						{
							0x0D, 
							0x05
						})
					}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					{
						Store (Package (0x08)
							{
								"codec-id", 
								Buffer (0x04)
								{
									0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
								}, 

"layout-id", 
								Buffer (0x04)
								{
									0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
								}, 

"device-type", 
								Buffer (0x10)
								{
									"Realtek ALC889a"
								}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
								Buffer (0x18)
								{
									/* 0000 */	0x10, 0x44, 0x11, 0x01, 0x20, 0x14, 0x01, 0x01, 
									/* 0008 */	0x40, 0x4C, 0x21, 0x02, 0x50, 0x34, 0x81, 0x01, 
									/* 0010 */	0x60, 0x9C, 0xA1, 0x02, 0xF0, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01
								}
							}, Local0)
						DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
						Return (Local0)
					}
				}

When using with the attached legacy kext's it's works flawlessly
i'm also attaching IOREG output with the correct pin configuration
can you show me what need to be changed in order to work "kext free" ? :)

Attached Files

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I have just ditched this program altogether. I came across OpenDSDT.kext. I reflashed my bios to an unpatched state after installing the kext. Sleep works perfectly now. No patching, no dsdt.aml generating.

Attached Files

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

This is my HDEF part before using modification (right after using the tool described on this thread)
When using with the attached legacy kext's it's works flawlessly
i'm also attaching IOREG output with the correct pin configuration
can you show me what need to be changed in order to work "kext free" ? :P

Sorry. I was referring to sound assertion error during boot up. :)

B)

Just for clarification, can you post your DSDT code for HDEF after modification?

kizwan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy