ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

An English translated version from DSDTSE is on the way.... there will not be support for this app on IM, please go to our website if you have questions or bugs to report.

Thanks.

I'm glad my Mrs is multi lingual !

Thanks a lot for this guys!

D.

wow Pere..the DSDT guides are impressive. Good job.

I was looking at the AMI BIOS guide but unfortunately I can't follow it because my BIOS doesn't have the ACPI module.

I have to extract the DSDT from the 'singlelink arch BIOS' module.

Hi,

but at least for now, when much new things ma get added to dsdt (fixes, enhancements avoiding injectors) it is an good way to use dsdt.aml and not to flash BIOS every month.

I dont see any negative to use dsdt,aml insted of flashing dsdt in bios.

Yes but I want at least the alias fix on my BIOS :)

Yes but I want at least the alias fix on my BIOS :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, at least such "basic" fixes like "CPU=1 problem (Alias), HPET and RTC make sense for BIOS flashing, to aviod problems when booting from pc OSX86 DVDs(without needed dsdt). :D

Yes, at least such "basic" fixes like "CPU=1 problem (Alias), HPET and RTC make sense for BIOS flashing, to aviod problems when booting from pc OSX86 DVDs(without needed dsdt). :(

Exactly :censored2:

Hopefully us with AMI BIOSes could patch our BIOS soon

Hello, I want to mod the BIOS for my motherboard ...

The problem is that I am inexperienced and I would not break anything, so I was wondering if anyone with more experience in this could modify the bios for me.

If you agree, these are the data of my pc:

Mainboard: P5K Deluxe / Wifi ed.

CPU: Intel C2D E6600

RAM: Corsair 2x2GB DDR2-1066

HDD: WD Caviar SE16 320GB

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB DDR3

Sound: ADI 1988B

LAN: Yukon 88E8056

WiFi: RTL8187

DVD-Burner: Plextor PX-755A IDE + LG USB

I enclose the original bios file.

Thank you

P5K_Deluxe_1005.zip

HEY NEED HELP, i flashed my bios with a patched one an now my Motherboard (GA-EP45-DS3) is in an endless loop.

Think Flashing failed - is there a way to restore bios?

BR,

derpuma

Oh dear

have you tried to clear CMOS?

Also as Gigabyte have dual BIOS you should be able get back into the BIOS Qflash by hitting f8 (I think?!) at boot.

here you will be able to flash back to your origional BIOS ROM file - that you obviously have backed up to a pen drive!!

D

Hello, I want to mod the BIOS for my motherboard ...

The problem is that I am inexperienced and I would not break anything, so I was wondering if anyone with more experience in this could modify the bios for me.

If you agree, these are the data of my pc:

Mainboard: P5K Deluxe / Wifi ed.

CPU: Intel C2D E6600

RAM: Corsair 2x2GB DDR2-1066

HDD: WD Caviar SE16 320GB

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB DDR3

Sound: ADI 1988B

LAN: Yukon 88E8056

WiFi: RTL8187

DVD-Burner: Plextor PX-755A IDE + LG USB

I enclose the original bios file.

Thank you

Anyone? please...

nope - bios was patched with a dsdt patched one and i have no way to get into bios, even after cmos clear! ;)

You are certain you can't get back to qflash? - be sure as the last resort isn't pretty!

Remember you can always download the BIOS ROM File from MB website!

for award bios there is a small chance if the bootblock isn´t damaged. you need to build in a floppy and create a special bootdisk with the bios rom file on it. I remember doing it a couple of years ago with success.....

read here and here

the thread is in german - if it works you could make an english howto :(

Doesn't work... I tried to create a dsdt.aml with the BIOS file from my GA EP45-UD3R and even WITHOUT the audio/ethernet strings or any fixes (I tried selecting and deselecting all) it failed to compile. Using Windows XP SP3.

I tried using the DSDT patch as well, and the program has a critical error saying that the dsdt.aml file doesn't exist (and it has just disappeared) and then the program quits...

Doesn't work... I tried to create a dsdt.aml with the BIOS file from my GA EP45-UD3R and even WITHOUT the audio/ethernet strings or any fixes (I tried selecting and deselecting all) it failed to compile. Using Windows XP SP3.

I tried using the DSDT patch as well, and the program has a critical error saying that the dsdt.aml file doesn't exist (and it has just disappeared) and then the program quits...

Have you got netFramework installed? I think i had 3.0.

-.- If I didn't have .Net Framework installed then the program wouldn't open.

I deselected stuff 1 by 1 and figured out that if I leave out GFX completely, and the Time Machine fix for ethernet it compiles. Problem is the only feature that works is the CMOS fix... My ethernet is STILL broken whether I use Realtek1000 or not, and my sound is still broken even though i have the LegacyHDA.kext...

I simply can't get Graphics working with dsdt, only Ethernet and Audio. Also, I think I lost sleep on idle with dsdt, so maybe I should just give up on it, and go back to strings/no onboard audio.

My card is an 9800GT 512mb EVGA card, and the board is a GA-P35-DS3L rev2

Anyone got a working dsdt file for this? thanks

Output:

[ACPI] ROM is extracted to acpi.xtr

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

AML Disassembler version 20081204 [Dec 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20081204 [Dec 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

dsdt.dsl 4390: Return (0x01)

Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

dsdt.dsl 4523: If (LEqual (Arg2, 0x03))

Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 6237 lines, 206908 bytes, 2588 keywords

AML Output: dsdt.aml - 20406 bytes, 692 named objects, 1896 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 2 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 733 Optimizations

Adding ACPITBL.BIN 36.8%

Are the warnings anything to be concerned about? The program says that it competed successfully. I ran the program from Windows 7, didn't have to install framework, i think its standard in W7 now. Your thoughts?

GA-P35-DS4 rev 2.0 Bios 14c

Thanks for the utility Koala, I successfully generated a dsdt.aml with my NIC, GFX and audio patched on v4 of your utility.

My first attempt was not on as vanilla a system as I thought and the results were very different. I guess system updates don't always remove some older cruft. With a whole new vanilla install, I have my Realtek 8169 recognized (GIGE, PEX5, GP9, TM fix), my 7900GT card recognized (PCI@0, PEGP selected), used all other fixes (RTC, HPET, Alias, local0, WAK, etc...), I guess with your default HDEF audio for 889a I need an HDALegacy.kext just for the pin configurations. I've tried Tapper00's own HDEF definition, but I rather not have sound assertions. His definition works without an added kext.

Using 10.5.8, in the Chameleon v2rc2 Extra folder I have AHCIPortInjector.kext, fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, and UUID.kext (the dsdt does properly set my GIGE interface to en0 and built-in but had some early UUID errors nonetheless). For now I get sleep and shutdown that works perfectly but still need to tackle restart.

I've been running 10.5.6 since the original on my gigabyte EP35-DS3L and would love some patched files to test before I mar my system. I'm wondering if ACPI patcher will work on my Lenovo T400 ?

Here are the specs from cpuz:

681396.png

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads

CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Duo CPU P9500 @ 2.53GHz

CPU EXT : MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 EM64T

CPUID : 6.7.6 / Extended : 6.17

CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 6144 KB

Core : Penryn (45 nm) / Stepping : C0

Freq : 2527.18 MHz (266.02 * 9.5)

MB Brand : LENOVO

MB Model : 2767CTO

NB : Intel GM45/GM47 rev 07

SB : Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev 03

GPU1 Type : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

GPU2 Type : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

DirectX Version : 10.0

RAM : 4024 MB DDR3 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 532 MHz (1:2) @ 7-7-7-20

I'm sure with some tinkering, i can get my Gigabyte running, any idea on the Lenovo?

Does anyone have a DSDT for the P5W DH Deluxe? Ideally I'd like sound (it has an ALC883 built-in) and video (I'm using a 7950 GT 512MB) working, but I'll take anything to start. It doesn't matter which BIOS version it's based on ... I'll flash whatever it is.

Here's 2801 for reference: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...Deluxe-2801.zip

Thanks for your help!