ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

This patcher is know to be a bit buggy with AMi bios.

Try extracting DSDT.aml with one of the other patchers (search fassl DSDT patcher). You should be able to further patch (if required.) the DSDT.aml using this patcher.

D.

Thanks, I'll try it.

I just get error when I try to generate DSDT.aml file.

I get pop-up window with the error message: DSDT Compilation failed.

Log

[ACPI] ROM is extracted to acpi.xtr
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20081204 [Dec  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20081204 [Dec  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

dsdt.dsl   222:	 Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -				 ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

dsdt.dsl   285:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   290:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   469: DTGP(Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf(Local0))
Error	4063 -	^ Object does not exist (DTGP)

dsdt.dsl  1522: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

dsdt.dsl  3931:									 Return (0x01)
Warning  1099 -					   Statement is unreachable ^ 

dsdt.dsl  4064:								 If (LEqual (Arg2, 0x03))
Warning  1099 -				 Statement is unreachable ^ 

dsdt.dsl  5201: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 5778 lines, 190190 bytes, 2440 keywords
Compilation complete. 5 Errors, 3 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 714 Optimizations

This is what I have selected:

General

HPET patch - tick

RTC patch - tick

Aliases patch - tick

Network

Hardware location: PEX4

Lan0 - tick

Fix GP9 - tick

Time machine fix - tick

Graphics

Model: nVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra 768 MB

nVCAP: Dual DVI + TV/HC1

Use DSDT GFX - tick

Hardware location: PCI0

PEGP: No tick

Audio

Audio chipset: Realtek ALC889a

Use HDEF Audio - tick

Any idea on how I can fix this?

Hardware information in signature.

-Opes

For graphics I would now just try Chameleon 2 RC 2. With it you can enable graphics via the bootloader and you don't need to make changes to your DSDT. It's very slick.

Regards,

SMF

Hi,

Chameleon 2.0-RC2 r640 is a big hit, except for Graphic injection:

[...] "By now this feature has a small problem [...] Chameleon injects systematically device properties in PciRoot (0x0) [...] if it does not work for you - like is happening to me - perhaps path to your graphic card starts with PciRoot (0x1)." [...] "If DevicePath begins with PciRoot (0x1), this means that Chameleon is sending information to the wrong place. To remedy this, we will have to go and take a look into your DSDT..." How to

Hey, FormerlyKnownAs, how exactly can someone extract the DSDT.aml from their own MB BIOS?

Thanks in advance!

DSDT.aml can either be extracted using fassl's DSDT patcher. Or with this patcher can be extracted from your current BIOS ROM file downloaded from your MB's website.

O.K. thanks for answering!

I will try to do that, although I AM SO TIRED of reading A LOT and not so much help that I got form that reading, and also nothing coherent (at least on my view) and much opposing ideas!

Thanks anyway!

You have posted on a thread that is all about this. Try having a read !

O.K. thanks for answering!

I will try to do that, although I AM SO TIRED of reading A LOT and not so much help that I got form that reading, and also nothing coherent (at least on my view) and much opposing ideas!

Thanks anyway!

Perhaps if you explained the parts you have read and do not understand/steps you have taken you may get a better response.

Perhaps if you explained the parts you have read and do not understand/steps you have taken you may get a better response.

Thanks for your answer, MacUser2525!

Indeed, it might be better to just narrow down the problems by asking some specific things in specific threads, but I for one, like to UNDERSTAND what am I doing, and not ask a lot of questions until I have read all the existing answers.

BUT, I have not found something that could help me in my exact situation, or I did not understand what I read and try on my hardware.

For short I am looking for a RETAIL install (I have a Mac OS X 10.5.4 retail box) on my 2 computers: one i7 920 with Asus Rampage II Extreme at home (MOST important) and one at work with Asus P5Q-VM; I want that retail to work with all the hardware's and on updates also, and not be afraid to update from apple directly. Both have now a fair working install of iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, with all the hardware working (except the i7 where I cannot shutdown properly and have only 1 core running - hence this "conversation" ;) )!

If you think I can find somewhere some EXACT and SPECIFIC answers to my questions, please just point me to the right direction (link), although I have to say I don't think I actually REALLY and EXACTLY understand the role and the way everything is working together: DSDT, AML, EFI, kext and mkext, etc. and all other "stuff"!

I'm not saying and don't want you (or anyone else) understand that I TOTALLY not understand, the "stuff", just that until I don't REALLY and EXACTLY understand THE HOLE "STUFF" together, I can't say otherwise (I'm not used to just do something blindly, like a monkey ;) )! The MOST explanatory document I have found in UInstaller kit from pcwiz, in the User Guide!

Thanks for anyone that might help me to better understand "THE STUFF"!

On latest 0.2beta5 (even with 4), there is a bug when you want yo patch a aml or dst file directly, after selecting the path in and out and select the proper settings/fixes and after pressing patch the .net windows appear saying that the original file is not here apparently when you press patch it just delete the original file and crash....

If you think I can find somewhere some EXACT and SPECIFIC answers to my questions (...)

Your post is borderline offensive and your expectations are unrealistic.

If you want exact and specific answers to your questions, ask EXACT and SPECIFIC questions! This is true in all areas of life, not just on internet forums.

Nobody wants to write a whole bunch of {censored} while trying guess what it is that you don't understand.

@Thorias

Rename the files you want to patch (but leave the extensions .dsl and .aml) and put them in separate folders.

Use separate folders for source and destination.

@Ricky

Try it and see, it won't blow up your computer or anything. If you're having a problem try to describe it in detail.

If you want exact and specific answers to your questions, ask EXACT and SPECIFIC questions! This is true in all areas of life, not just on internet forums.

Nobody wants to write a whole bunch of {censored} while trying guess what it is that you don't understand.

@Thorias

Rename the files you want to patch (but leave the extensions .dsl and .aml) and put them in separate folders.

@Ricky

Try it and see, it won't blow up your computer or anything. If you're having a problem try to describe it in detail.

Dear Beerkex'd,

Firstly thanks for answering!

Secondly, if I somehow, even remotely, have offended you or ANYONE, than I beg for my pardon, this was NOT in my intention (although I don't see where is the offensive part in my post; I merely stated my opinion, and I thought this is somehow free)!

Thirdly, you say that what I expect is unrealistic? You mean that if I expect to have Mac OS X Retail installed on my PC, is unrealistic? So then what's the point of HOLE this site/forum?

Also, how do you think I can ask a specific question when I actually cannot know WHICH of the multiple "tutorials" and "opinions" are correct and proper for my rig since I did not see any owner of my kind of hardware saying accomplished something like that?; no more to say that I actually managed to do some parts but following some ideas and guides meant for other kind of hardware, while some very close to mine where not working!

So, I believe this is TOTALLY not constructive discussion, and if you cannot come with something REALLY useful and helpful, I believe your frustration is bigger than your willingness to help, so I therefore I will see myself (somehow) forced to just ignore other non constructive answers!

Furthermore, if I will ever succeed to accomplish what I want, I will try to write down for other with same hardware (at least same MB: Asus Rampage II Extreme) to use it! regarding that, I have to say that the ideas presented by VooD in the Core i7 build for Pro Tools LE topic, was MOST HELPFUL and also MOST CLEAR that I have read on all this forum! Thank you VooD!

BTW, is there any other users that have same MB: Asus Rampage II Extreme ????

Shout out HERE if you have this MB, and what are your experiences with it until now!

Maybe it wasn't your intention, but basically it looks to me like you're asking other people to figure out what your problems are by asking you "the right" questions.

You'll be waiting until hell freezes over for that to happen. Nobody wants to guess at what you already know or don't know.

"THE STUFF" is no base for asking or answering anything.

Show what you know, ask specific questions, tackle one issue at a time.

The only thing that's clear from your post is that you want the same as everyone else who comes to this forum - a working OSX installation on your PC.

Maybe it wasn't your intention, but basically it looks to me like you're asking other people to figure out what your problems are by asking you "the right" questions.

You'll be waiting until hell freezes over for that to happen. Nobody wants to guess at what you already know or don't know.

"THE STUFF" is no base for asking or answering anything.

Show what you know, ask specific questions, tackle one issue at a time.

The only thing that's clear from your post is that you want the same as everyone else who comes to this forum - a working OSX installation on your PC.

Thanks again Beerkex'd for your answer and attention provided!

Please take a SHORT look at my FIRST post here!

Then, tell me that I have or not asked and EXACT and specific question or not!

I still don't see a proper question.

I'm talking about the kind that are followed by a question mark. Like "how do I install Chameleon 2.0 to my EFI partition?" or "Will I lose all my data if i change my partition from MBR to GPT?".

All I see is that you want to install OS X on your PC like everyone else.

@Thorias

@Ricky

Oki thanks!!

Hello, guys.

When I'm trying to patch original AMI BIOS for ASUS P5QPL-AM it patches without any errors, just couple of warnings.

But when I am trying write a new bios using Asus Easy Write - it checks the bios and gives me the message smth like 'the boot region is incorrect' and exits.

Maybe there is another method to produce patched bios or to write it?

TIA

;)

P5QPL_AM_ASUS_0314.zip

Hi,

but at least for now, when much new things ma get added to dsdt (fixes, enhancements avoiding injectors) it is an good way to use dsdt.aml and not to flash BIOS every month.

I dont see any negative to use dsdt,aml insted of flashing dsdt in bios.

HINT:

An new site, OS X (in spain) has much infos about DSDT and Snow Leo also.

This man collected a lot of dsdt things, also some wich are new / not often used.

This is sollected in an small RB App also in DSDT how to´s

dsev1.png

Would be fine to translate and/or check+optimize that stuff .

http://www.osx86.es/

(here site in engl by google)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...www.osx86.es%2F