Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_C9763842&REV_A2

Display Memory: 4079 MB

Dedicated Memory: 495 MB

Shared Memory: 3583 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (120Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: VX2265wm

Monitor Id: VSC7E22

Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9539 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.11.9539

DDI Version: 10

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4554-11CF-B17E-7DE91CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0614

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys

Device Name: USB Gaming Mouse

Attached: 1

Controller ID: 0x0

Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC049

-----------

USB Devices

-----------

+ USB Root Hub

| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3A35

| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub

| Service: usbhub

I have a question about the ATI video settings. I'm currently using an nVidia card and everything is working well, but I'm considering getting an ATI card to replace it. I haven't been able to find any information on how to determine the correct Framebuffer or DevID settings. The first post says to use lspci, but I'm not really sure what that means (I get "command not found" if I type lspci into Terminal). And where do I find the correct framebuffer?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Other than that, it's a very useful app and I appreciate it :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

First, I'd like to thank koala for a really great work!

I used Patcher sucsessfully with a couple Asus bioses.

But had troubles with MSI bios (AMI):

1. MSI P965 Neo2 -> patching done succesfully but there was incorrect Bootblock Checksum Error.

I've managed to replece only 1B module (from patched to orginal .rom) with MMTool, and it works.

Link to BIOS

Patched version (only aliases) is in attachement if anybody needs.

2. MSI P31TM-P35 -> "No DSDT module found in ACPI table."

I haven't found any solution for this :)

Link to BIOS

Unfortunately patched dsdt.aml does not help in this case...

So any help would be nice :)

a7235ims.380._rzooff_mod.0.2_.zip

2. MSI P31TM-P35 -> "No DSDT module found in ACPI table."

OK, finnialy found out what is going on :angry:

In this Bios there is realy no ACPI table in 1B module. So I cheked other modules, ale found it i module 10 named "ACPI AML". So then MMTool -> WinHex -> MMTool... and all is done.

I thing it could be implemented in next release od Patcher :P

is it any chance to fix this aml? this aml is from the HP DV6 i7. If it can work i will give you some special gift. And will solve a lot notebook i7 people in Hackintosh.

Thank you for your help.

Hello, i built a DSDT Patcher which is capable to patch DSDT in BIOS or generate DSDT.aml.

You need Windows and .NET Framework but you can run the program from any PC, not necessarily the one you want to patch.

Please reports all bugs.

Thanks to all people who were able to patch DSDT before and discovered the hack.

Tested on many Gigabyte BIOS and some others. If you patch BIOS, you don't need to update PC-EFI and you can stay with v8 for example, you can also run Vanilla ppleIntelCPUPowerManagament.kext and AppleRTC.kext.

From netkas: after fixing dsdt and before installing 10.5.6, you HAVE to install either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5

Original BIOS file is patched, put you can choose where you want to generate DSDT.aml

If patching last more than 1 minute, there is a problem and you can stop patching.

Information :

-nVCAP value from 0.1.8 was Dual-DVI one

-GFX Hardware location from 0.1.8 was PCI0

-You can write custom name in Model GFX section, you only need to keep nVIDIA in the string

If compilation error happens :

-You can always check MUTE and Local0 fixes

-WAK and DGPT fix should be used only if there is a warning/error concerning it

Explanation on GFX :

The program doesn't take care of the model name.

You can write whatever you want in the combo box "Model" if you respect with :

-nVIDIA cards model name must start by "nVIDIA"

-ATI cards model name must start by "ATI"

It will calculate the buffer size of the new model name automatically.

Red values are for ATI

Greenvalues are for nVIDIA

And Black values are common.

For ATI framebuffer, you can write whatever you want in the combo Box if your framebuffer isn't listed.

For memory size you can write your value if not listed.

To find hardaware location, use ioreg. You can obtain your DevID (for ATI only) with lspci.

Using this patcher with Gigabyte hardware Dual-BIOS mainboard is risky even if it seems safer.

If you bricked a Dual-BIOS Gigabyte mainboard, follow these instructions : Here (linked removed because of site contents), ask instructions in MP or I will post it later.

EDIT : Read this : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1039930

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 5/many bugs)

-Use Gigabyte FaceWizard dll instead of cbrom to reinsert ACPI module

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 4)

-AMI Bootblock error bug fixes + autorepair signature (+very fast now)

-MAJOR BUG : 4 Bytes missing in AMI BIOS fixed

-DSDT localization in Award BIOS improved

-New CBROM version

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 3)

-AMI Bootblock error fixed

-PEGP instead of GEGP label change

-ALC889a layout-id fixed

-2 versions of ALC888 included

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 2)

-AMI BIOS DSDT localization improved and more reliable

-Partial audio support (ALC888/889a), it replace HDAEnabler.kext, you need 2 plists kext for the moment

(Dev. status : one plist kext needed only)

-PEGP optional in GFX section

-ATI Card support (thanks to roisoft) :

>Framebuffer

>DevID

>RAM MB

>Hardware Location

MUST BE SET

-LAN0/GIGE TM Fix (+GP9 Fix)

-Patch before compile in D/C DSDT

-No more installer, just run it.

Since it's a beta, the program doesn't verify if the combo box are filled, just think filling them, will be corrected in RC1 if no major bugs found.

Ver : 0.2 (Beta)

-Partial AMI BIOS support (don't use GFX or Network to prevent overflow and not booting) : HPET, RTC and Aliases (=CPU Cores)

(Working with almost all AMI BIOS but not with very recent laptops like MSI Wind for the moment.)

-You can extract DSDT.dsl from AMI BIOS now

-MUTE fix

-Dual-DVI, DVI+VGA, TV-OUT ... nVCAP selecter (based on Krazubu research)

-Graphics hardware location selecter, 7950GT added

-P0P added for network hardware location

-Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.8

-Add Decompile/Compile DSDT (D/C)

-Add DSDT.aml from other source

-Add Export DSDT

-Fix broken DSDT.aml patching

-GMA 950 address corrected

-New network fix based on roisoft patch

-Don't overwrite files anymore

-New interface

-DGPT method after WAK instead of devices

Ver : 0.1.7.2

-DGPT Warning fixed

-Intel GMA 950 Desktop added

(thanks to roisoft)

Ver : 0.1.7.0

-DSDT nVidia GFX (for PCI-X only, not AGP) (thanks to roisoft for his help)

Ver : 0.1.6.1

-Add HPET section before RTC if not present for old mainboards

Ver : 0.1.6

-Code rewriting (easier to add function now)

-Vanilla Network (please test and report, I can't test it now, based on Krazubu fix)

All that you need is to have an OSX compatible adaptater and to know its hardware location (use IOReg)

-GP9 Fix (for vanilla network)

Ver : 0.1.4.1

-Patch DSDT instead of BIOS option

-Minor Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.3

-Bug fixes (stability and WAK fix bug)

-Force/Stop on Errors/Warnings

-Show Warnings/Errors

Ver : 0.1

-HPET fix

-RTC fix

-Aliases fix (=CPU Core fix)

-WAK and Local0 patch for compilation

-Patch really fast

Knows Bugs:

-Don't put files in the patcher folder since they will be deleted.

-GP9 Fix not working on AMI DSDT so no GIGE on AMI, use LAN0 fix.

Only Award and (partial) AMI for BIOS patching, DSDT patching function is compatible with all DSDT.aml

capturerel3.jpg

Rapidshare (beta 4)

is it any chance to fix this aml?

Were is "this" aml???

PS: You, don't need to quote whole post... :P to add a question.

Stee, put link or attach your bios (unmodified).

Stee, put link or attach your bios (unmodified).

I just went ahead and updated with the forced and it failed (luckily I could restore). So I guess I answered my own question :)

Links to FW (F12):

My Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fmmggjzymmz

Official Gigabyte Links:

Europe: http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...5c-ds3r_f12.exe

USA : http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS...5c-ds3r_f12.exe

Force compile definitely didn't work, although tbh I'm not sure this is the least of my problems as I haven't been able to boot into SL or Chameleon (I can however boot other stuff off of my usb and cd drives).

If there is also someone brave enough out there willing to help me with these issues and would like to contact me via pm, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help offered and apologies for semi-hijacking this thread.

Thanks

Stee

Stee, there were some "standard" Gigabyte DSDT's errors (Link). So iasl coudn't copile it correctly:

Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

fixed by adding do Mtehod _WAK:

Return (Package (0x02)
{
	Zero,
	Zero
})

Error 4050 - ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

Error 4050 - ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

fixed by changinging Local0 to Zero (first data in parents) in two places of Scope _SI:

Method (_MSG, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Zero, Local0)
}

Method (_SST, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Zero, Local0)
}

In attached zip you will find couple od Bios/DSDT files.

1. no errors -> with corrected genuine Gigabyte bugs  ;) and no other modifications

2. RTC fix -> without errors & with fix for Snow Leopard CMOS reset issue (there is no need to patch HPET, or remove Aliases in your Bios)

In my opinion the best way is to use even orginal Gigabyte Bios, or minimaly fixed version (no errors), and put all modifications in dsdt.aml in /Extra. But in that case you shold make ACPI dump from working OS (via Ubuntu for eg.) and modify DSDT table form there. Then you'll be able to correctly put there much more useful patches.

P35CDS3R__mod_by_rzooff_.zip

Stee, there were some "standard" Gigabyte DSDT's errors (Link). So iasl coudn't copile it correctly:

In attached zip you will find couple od Bios/DSDT files.

1. no errors -> with corrected genuine Gigabyte bugs  :P and no other modifications

2. RTC fix -> without errors & with fix for Snow Leopard CMOS reset issue (there is no need to patch HPET, or remove Aliases in your Bios)

In my opinion the best way is to use even orginal Gigabyte Bios, or minimaly fixed version (no errors), and put all modifications in dsdt.aml in /Extra. But in that case you shold make ACPI dump from working OS (via Ubuntu for eg.) and modify DSDT table form there. Then you'll be able to correctly put there much more useful patches.

rzooff You are a star, thanks mate! I'll follow your advice and use the DSDT, then flash the bios. Not sure much on DSDT (hence using the patcher), but I'll be sure to have a look as I've got a copy of ubuntu lying around somewhere.

Again thanks a lot! :(

Hi, i would like very much to have the link that was removed from the 1st post about gigabytes with dual bioses (as the second link doesnt works too) or to know better how to use facewizard dll to add the dsdt data i would like to flash (id like to flash the data trough Q-flash).

In reality im a good dsdt editor and would like to use my own extracted and hand-edited dsdt.dsl on my award gigabyte bios rom 6.0PG. If anyone knows any other method of inserting my own DSDT code over gigabyte rom without breaking dual bios i would love to know how.

Thanks

Can someone release a Patched bios for ASUS P5N-D ? please

Why you need it?

It is Award Bios and only fix you need is RTC Length. But it can be done easily by using dsdt.aml.

There aren't aliases, HPET is correct... so there is no sense to patch this bios  :)

Hi i'm on a ASROCK A785GMH/128M WITH A AMD PHENOM II 945

installing 10.5.4 is easy got 6 of these baybies in my rig

trouble is upgrading to something higher beond 10.5.5 you nead a dsdt file

When i compile i get like 255+ errors verry badly written

or have a bad compiler. any way i got the errors down to 63 errors

moost of them are just borgy errors im using dsdtSE to edit the errors

i tryed to cheat with your util to edit a asusrom ID that it would have a asrock ID so it could be flashed to my bios , well that did not help so flashed it back. is there any one out there that can help me find a better guide to the errors I'm getting. that explain the error better there so criptic some times and at times realy borgy lnkc does not ecsist but later the value is explaind oke its like 3000 lines down but it device is explaind

moost of these kind of errors ive handeld but there are stil so many to deal with.

Yes it is.

The awd.dll from Facewizard is a cbrom version but not executable.

There is awdrun.exe to launch it which is a file from FaceWizard too.

This version is dated from ~06/2008 (last cbrom is ~11/2007) so it should be more compatible and it could solve some DualBIOS / double beep problem since there is no problem when modifying logo with Gigabyte program.

I found nobody using this on the internet. But since cbrom is outdated, I tried to find a solution.

For those who want to use FaceWizard for modifying other BIOS :

Usage :

awdrun jimmy /acpi NEWACPI.bin
awdrun jimmy /logo NEWLOGO.bmp
awdrun jimmy /oem1 release

Don't use it for extracting, this is not reliable (0A are replaced by 00). But for reinserting it seems to be more reliable. /d switch isn't supported

jimmy is needed, I don't know what it is but I found this after analazing the program with an hex editor. Without jimmy, the program does nothing.

This sounds fine indeed noone here tested.

While using cbrom 115 with my real-dual-bios motherboard (EP43-DS3L) and importing i get a .new bios file that q-flash refuses to flash.

My question is: How to insert my own .dsl dsdt table instade acpitbl.bin?? It seems the program does it but i cant get this file later to use facewizard jimmy to insert the thing inside my bios.

Please answer, i dont think this project should be at any level aborted, if we had good dsdt edited bios here and there it would give chameleon project space to start working on SSDT overriding only and a easier way to vanilla system as future modifying of smbios etc.

But getting to the point. how my DSDT extracted from bios rom and edited by me can be flashed without breaking my dual bios? Or at least being accepted by q-flash (wich is giving me invalid bios image error when i try to flash the cbrom 115 generated bios?) Is the ACPITBL.BIN generated by beta5 patcher something i can trust?

And where is it stored???????

I can't get it to work on Asus M3N-HD HDMI I tried to make dsdt.aml from extracting the dsdt.dsl, also tried to extract using the .bin file of my bios...

I always get errors, I can't make dsdt.aml required to install snow leopard. Without it, I got an instant bios crash when the kernel runs (got to clear CMOS and set my bios again to make my board reboot).

Tried with your latest version, also tried with replacing iasl.exe with the last version

Any help ?

• 2 weeks later...

Dose this work with HP bios?

i dont think it dose because when i try to patch my bios a cmd screen comes up and just stays there and after around 20min nothing happened when i closed the window the program showed me around 3erros....can you please help me

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get it to work on Asus M3N-HD HDMI...
DSDT patching haven't any sense on AMD config. You need patched kernel... 

Dose this work with HP bios?

Maybe yes or meybe not :)

If you write something more about your HP and attach your Bios, then maybe someone will able to help...

• 2 weeks later...

attached is a bios image for ASUS X66 (aka K61) model with nForce chipset and Intel CPU.

could you please guide, which decompiler is suitable for this type (internally it's AMI bios) and how it would be possible to integrate into ACPI patcher tool?

thanks

K70ICAS209.zip