Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

psychonaut

psychonaut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

shouldn't be a problem. other extra kexts are properly loaded

Eliminating your newly installed kexts one by one until you find the offender would be a good place to start. Loading them "correctly" would be my next choice. Neither this lan kext or the new audio kext for the dp35dp gives me a panic. If you don't believe me then try for yourself.

what would be the point of having a separate bootloader if i still have to [touch] the retail leopard install? ;)

I realise this is turning into your personal holy grail and if a panic on shutdown is the price you are prepared to pay then more power to you. The point is booting from an EFI partition and then re-installing a kext after an update just seems a bit easier than your bootloader approach. :)

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Eliminating your newly installed kexts one by one until you find the offender would be a good place to start. Loading them "correctly" would be my next choice. Neither this lan kext or the new audio kext for the dp35dp gives me a panic. If you don't believe me then try for yourself.

I realise this is turning into your personal holy grail and if a panic on shutdown is the price you are prepared to pay then more power to you. The point is booting from an EFI partition and then re-installing a kext after an update just seems a bit easier than your bootloader approach. :)

pardon me but perhaps i just won't settle to anything other than an [untouched] retail leopard.

btw, as i've said, another new kexts i'm trying are the ones from AlainTox714. & as i've found out just now, it's not this intel82566MM.kext that's causing a kernel panic at shutdown. it's the audio kexts from Alain.

will u tell me w/c audio kexts you're using?

p.s.

my apologies dingguijin for being misled & thought that it's your kext that's causing the problem. now i can appreciate much more your kext!!! :D

[EDIT]

i'm confused now. just a couple of shutdown(s) a while ago were ok w/out Alain's kexts. but now w/ my latest test-shutdown, got kernel panic again. i'm feeling lost. ;) perhaps it's really my approach. but my dilemma is, before these new kexts (intel82566MM & HDAEnabler+AppleHDA), never had issue on shutdown. hope dingguijin can give me a hand?

Denja

Denja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
@dingguijin

can you make same driver(intel 82566DM-2 0x10bd8086) for Tiger v10.4.11 too..?

macosse

macosse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
tnx a lot !!
It work with Intel82566MC :
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_104D&SUBSYS_143110CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&C8

quite slow at boot now and sometime i've some problem with dhcp. With static ip is working well.

tnx again

messiisking

messiisking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there, bear with me im new to this kind of stuff....

I have a ACER ASPIRE AM5620 with Intel 82566mm ethernet card, i have kalyway 10.5.1, i tried using kext helper to install but wouldn't work :mellow: , can someone please give me a step by step instruction on how to do this?

Thank you so much.... :(

btw great work dingguijin im sure this is going to be great help for me

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Doing some work with this driver and my HP DC7700 desktop with Intel 82566DM, I added the device ID = 0x104A8086.
I am only able to get 10mb from the network, If I manualy change the TX rate to 1000mb its still only at 10mb.

Denja

Denja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
After installing driver ALC268 Audio stoped working..?
any solution for that..?

when i first installed patched driver for ALC268 Audio the Ethernet connection stoped working and visa versa..?

I think there is some conflict between these two drivers.

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Denja, did the sounds work before you installed the driver, I am having the same issues but am think its something with the 8500GT 256, I have no issues with this driver and sound using 8500gt 512 or 8600 512.

likeatiger

likeatiger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I will attempt this with the HP DC7800 sometime next week!

b:z

b:z

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
After i install package usb_fix_1.3.mpkg, leopard does not detect the network card :whistle: although i have modify OSBundleLibraries correctly.

How can i fix this problem? or how can i remove usb_fix_1.3.mpkg?

Thank you.

update: i fixed it. Nic is working.
Just replace the package system.kext with original.

:)

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
can any one confirm they are getting 1000 with this driver, don't look at the software: to confirm it look at your router, I can manualy set the speed to 1000 but the router says 10.

Nick Nameless

Nick Nameless

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It's working for me, but the driver won't survive a sleep.

Is there anything that can be done so the card will resume correctly after the sleep?

Same question here?!

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
i'd like to thank again dingguijin for coming up w/ this kext. gigabit lan (intel 82566dc-2) onboard my intel dp35dp board works great.

one thing though, it's now connected but only w/ the speed of 10Mbps. shouldn't it be 1000Mbps? will anyone give any advice?

tnx.

chrrox

chrrox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Works Great on my Dell optiplex 755 just had to set the duplex and bam it worked.

golgota

golgota

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ha! the kext detect mi integrated network (intel 82566DC) as "bluetooth pan network"... i dont know why, but its working.
any advice about that?? i dont remove my other nic until more tests.

anyway, thanks to dingguijin for this!! :(

chicman

chicman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
This also works on my DELL E6400 Intel 82567. Thanks!

lolec

lolec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
can someone help me install this driver?
i download de 182 kb Intel82566MM.kext.tar.gz

in terminal:
sudo tcsh
cd /tmp
tar zxvf xxxrutexxx/Intel82566MM.kext.tar.gz
ls -l
kextload intel82566MM.kext HERE i get a message like, kext not found in directory. any clue?

karlmarx934

karlmarx934

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Flatfoot listem me.....download the last version of the kext in this link http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com/ ..this is the dingguijin forum...download the package in the first post...the first link!!!!unzip
you will find many files but you only take the Intel82566MM.kext

1 - open the terminal and digit kextstat - enter...
to catch your system information: the version of com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily - com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily - com.apple.kpi.bsd - com.apple.kpi.iokit - com.apple.kpi.libkern - com.apple.kpi.mach.

2 - now open and scroll the Intel82566MM.kext /content/info.plist you'll see this:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>
<string>1.6.0</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>2.4.1</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
<string>9.3.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
<string>9.3.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
<string>9.3.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
<string>9.3.0</string>
</dict>
.................change your system information in the same voice..and save.

istall the Intel82566MM.kext in ....../system/library/extensions ....and you're done!
i have install with the Kext Helper b7.

and thanked dingguijin for all!!!!!!!

PS:sorry 4 my english...let there be clear!
bye

This worked and allowed my OS X (iAtkos v4i) to pick up my ethernet.

But now it keeps self-allocating itself a "169.something.something.something" address and wont let me get to the internet...

Anyone know how to get around this? I really thought i might be able to post a wonderful success story off of my mac today!

Thanks in Advance

KarlMarx

Cupid

Cupid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

This worked and allowed my OS X (iAtkos v4i) to pick up my ethernet.

But now it keeps self-allocating itself a "169.something.something.something" address and wont let me get to the internet...

Anyone know how to get around this? I really thought i might be able to post a wonderful success story off of my mac today!

Thanks in Advance

KarlMarx

You should try to enter static ip address. DHCP doesn't work well on this driver. I've got self-ip address (169.254.25.71) like you even I unplug the ethernet cable.

racketprophet

racketprophet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
worked on my Kalyway 10.5.4, Intel DQ35MP motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy