Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

can someone help me install this driver?

i download de 182 kb Intel82566MM.kext.tar.gz

in terminal:

sudo tcsh

cd /tmp

tar zxvf xxxrutexxx/Intel82566MM.kext.tar.gz

ls -l

kextload intel82566MM.kext HERE i get a message like, kext not found in directory. any clue?

This worked and allowed my OS X (iAtkos v4i) to pick up my ethernet.

But now it keeps self-allocating itself a "169.something.something.something" address and wont let me get to the internet...

Anyone know how to get around this? I really thought i might be able to post a wonderful success story off of my mac today!

Thanks in Advance

KarlMarx

You should try to enter static ip address. DHCP doesn't work well on this driver. I've got self-ip address (169.254.25.71) like you even I unplug the ethernet cable.

After around one month part-time work. I ported the Linux e1000e driver to my Laptop (Lenovo T61p) running Hackintocsh Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3).

Detail in my blog http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

Guijin Ding

Hi,

I want to report that my Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit (VEN_8086 & DEV_10BD) network adapter working after using your kext file, Intel82566MM.kext. So far no problem encountered. Thank you. ;)

kizwan

I tried a static address today....but it wont let me out to the net still!

Not sure if my network even realises that its there!

Anyone got any advice on how to proceed from here?

Thanks

KarlMarx

If you have used a PCI lancard before, try to call your network provider and tell them that you have changed your LAN card. Because usually they allow only one lancard and that registers in their system. So if you have used PCI before and now your built-in, you must call them and inform them.. It worked on me..

I have to put my hackintosh to sleep before the keyboard works.

I find that if I unload the driver (remove it from the system preferences) before going to sleep, and I load it again later on, it works.

I need a script to unload/uninstal the Ethernet before turning off the system, and another to install it again after awaking from sleep when I turn it on.

Anyone can help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

a simple solution for the "no network after sleep" problem:

- get Sleepwatcher, a daemon for executing commands/shellscripts on sleep/wakeup events.

- modify the /etc/rc.wakeup by adding

ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

voila, network interface is reset after wakeup from sleep and works normally, including DHCP (on my Thinkpad X61 Tablet, at least). Unfortunately, this doesn't work 100% of the time for me, but 99% -- i have no clue, why it finally doesn't work every now and again. YMMV.

You might have to check if en0 is really your ethernet interface and change it accordingly.

This solution (especially the "ifconfig en0 down; ifconfig en0 up") has been floating around the net, it's not my original idea, but i thought i'd pass it on as it worked good for me, especially in combination with Sleepwatcher.

Best regards

Matthias

After around one month part-time work. I ported the Linux e1000e driver to my Laptop (Lenovo T61p) running Hackintocsh Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3).

Detail in my blog http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

Guijin Ding

sorry i am new to MAC OS...managed to installed 10.5.5 but can't get mine ethernet card working. Model is DC7800 - error msg is "Network Utility[263] No Interface name available...any idea ??

82567LM ICH9 DHCP problem,

got an dell E6500 with intel gigabit 82567LM ICH9,

did update boot list,...

but I can't connect, the DHCP gets some router number, instead starting with 192.... it starts with 169...

can't connect to internet, nor other computers ,

correction, works on initial reboot, !!

after sleep/wake, ifconfig down / up,.... dhcp problem,...

openhalt shutdwon restart, not working,...

any hints, tips, suggestions, thanks (note, my R60 works almost perfect, exeption, screen dimming)