Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

hey dingguijin, your kext causes a kernel panic at shutdown. any advice? btw, i'm using OpenHaltRestart.kext to fix restart/shutdown. now that i have your kext, restart is ok but shutdown gives me kernel panic.

DP35DP also and no kernel panics. Have you installed this on your OSX drive or on your bootload partition?

DP35DP also and no kernel panics. Have you installed this on your OSX drive or on your bootload partition?

bootloader-partition. kernel panic/"curtain of death" during shutdown. basically the only new kexts for me are this Intel82566MM & for my audio (HDAEnabler & AppleHDA). had no more issues for restart/shutdown until now. another problem i'm getting, my optical drive is no longer being detected by leopard. :D advice pls.

It's working for me, but the driver won't survive a sleep.

You see, if I don't put my laptop to sleep, the keyboard does not work (I have a LG laptop).

Is there anything that can be done so the card will resume correctly after the sleep?

today i'm try clean reinstall leo(9E25) and use only three modefied kexts - dsmos.kext, AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, AppleIntel8255x.kext(for my two lancard(Pro 100 [8086:1229] (rev 08). no changes, vmware silently, host ping guest machine, guest ping only host machine, but not view other machine in local subnet. conf- E6300 Intel DQ965GF, 7300GT

I think its because of the way you are loading it. Remove it from your Bootloader partition and install it "correctly". reboot and try shut down. Result?

shouldn't be a problem. other extra kexts are properly loaded. & what would be the point of having a separate bootloader if i still have to [touch] the retail leopard install?  ;)

shouldn't be a problem. other extra kexts are properly loaded
Eliminating your newly installed kexts one by one until you find the offender would be a good place to start. Loading them "correctly" would be my next choice. Neither this lan kext or the new audio kext for the dp35dp gives me a panic. If you don't believe me then try for yourself.

what would be the point of having a separate bootloader if i still have to [touch] the retail leopard install? ;)
I realise this is turning into your personal holy grail and if a panic on shutdown is the price you are prepared to pay then more power to you. The point is booting from an EFI partition and then re-installing a kext after an update just seems a bit easier than your bootloader approach. :)

Eliminating your newly installed kexts one by one until you find the offender would be a good place to start. Loading them "correctly" would be my next choice. Neither this lan kext or the new audio kext for the dp35dp gives me a panic. If you don't believe me then try for yourself.

I realise this is turning into your personal holy grail and if a panic on shutdown is the price you are prepared to pay then more power to you. The point is booting from an EFI partition and then re-installing a kext after an update just seems a bit easier than your bootloader approach. :)

pardon me but perhaps i just won't settle to anything other than an [untouched] retail leopard.

btw, as i've said, another new kexts i'm trying are the ones from AlainTox714. & as i've found out just now, it's not this intel82566MM.kext that's causing a kernel panic at shutdown. it's the audio kexts from Alain.

will u tell me w/c audio kexts you're using?

p.s.

my apologies dingguijin for being misled & thought that it's your kext that's causing the problem. now i can appreciate much more your kext!!! :D

[EDIT]

i'm confused now. just a couple of shutdown(s) a while ago were ok w/out Alain's kexts. but now w/ my latest test-shutdown, got kernel panic again. i'm feeling lost. ;) perhaps it's really my approach. but my dilemma is, before these new kexts (intel82566MM & HDAEnabler+AppleHDA), never had issue on shutdown. hope dingguijin can give me a hand?

tnx a lot !!

It work with Intel82566MC :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_104D&SUBSYS_143110CF&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&C8

quite slow at boot now and sometime i've some problem with dhcp. With static ip is working well.

tnx again

Hi there, bear with me im new to this kind of stuff....

I have a ACER ASPIRE AM5620 with Intel 82566mm ethernet card, i have kalyway 10.5.1, i tried using kext helper to install but wouldn't work :mellow: , can someone please give me a step by step instruction on how to do this?

Thank you so much.... :(

btw great work dingguijin im sure this is going to be great help for me

Doing some work with this driver and my HP DC7700 desktop with Intel 82566DM, I added the device ID = 0x104A8086.

I am only able to get 10mb from the network, If I manualy change the TX rate to 1000mb its still only at 10mb.

After installing driver ALC268 Audio stoped working..?

any solution for that..?

when i first installed patched driver for ALC268 Audio the Ethernet connection stoped working and visa versa..?

I think there is some conflict between these two drivers.

Denja, did the sounds work before you installed the driver, I am having the same issues but am think its something with the 8500GT 256, I have no issues with this driver and sound using 8500gt 512 or 8600 512.

After i install package usb_fix_1.3.mpkg, leopard does not detect the network card :whistle: although i have modify OSBundleLibraries correctly.

How can i fix this problem? or how can i remove usb_fix_1.3.mpkg?

Thank you.

update: i fixed it. Nic is working.

Just replace the package system.kext with original.

:)

can any one confirm they are getting 1000 with this driver, don't look at the software: to confirm it look at your router, I can manualy set the speed to 1000 but the router says 10.

i'd like to thank again dingguijin for coming up w/ this kext. gigabit lan (intel 82566dc-2) onboard my intel dp35dp board works great.

one thing though, it's now connected but only w/ the speed of 10Mbps. shouldn't it be 1000Mbps? will anyone give any advice?

tnx.

ha! the kext detect mi integrated network (intel 82566DC) as "bluetooth pan network"... i dont know why, but its working.

any advice about that?? i dont remove my other nic until more tests.

anyway, thanks to dingguijin for this!! :(