Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

Ok, scratch my last couple of posts, it's working now.

No idea why, but it is.

Few restarts, few redownloads (of the same file, though) and it works. No hanging at white Apple screen at boot either.

Awesome. Thanks very much, Guijin.

Also experiencing the problems with speed, I think.

20090214-tgwbpbwsnjggwapmybm84s7955.jpg

Average speed I'm seeing is around 3.8~4.3MB/s.

(I'm copying music from my HFS+ partitioned 7200rpm Media HD over an ethernet cable to a WAG160N Linksys router, through that to a MyBook World Edition.)

Oh, now I feel a bit better. : P

And I should point out now that I tried copying two large files to two different locations (Windows XP machine & previously mentioned MyBook) and got a peak speed of about 11MB/s, averaging about 9MB/s, I think.

So I don't quite know why it's only wanting to write ~4MB/s to each device.

I'm running a Dell E520, so I think I'm on an 82562V.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been trying to get this to work all night now without success (iDeneb 10.5.6). When using kextload I get an error saying that sha1_* is an undefined symbol which is then followed by a link/load error. It's 5:30AM and I'm too tired to boot it back up to get the exact error, but I assure you it's very close. :rolleyes:

If anyone could help me out, it would GREATLY be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I've been trying to get this to work all night now without success (iDeneb 10.5.6). When using kextload I get an error saying that sha1_* is an undefined symbol which is then followed by a link/load error. It's 5:30AM and I'm too tired to boot it back up to get the exact error, but I assure you it's very close. :wacko:

If anyone could help me out, it would GREATLY be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Figured it out this morning.. Had some wrong chipset drivers, oops!

All is well now, my hardware works 100%, yaaaaaaaay. :(

• 4 weeks later...
my 82567LM works now, on 10.5.5 ideneb. big thanks.

works on intel DX58S0 also, using XxX 10.5.6

installed using osx86tools (two clicks, in the GUI, otherwise move to /System/Library/Extensions, do a chmod root:wheel on the files an rebuild the kextcache -k /System/Libraryr/Extensions)

sweet. Now only ALC889 remaining after much tweaking (Core i7 920 - booting after busratio=20 cpus=1). Already gets an impressive 7940 geekbenchs and feels REALLY fast. If you want to know details, please write. maybe I'll open a thread, since I haven't really found much on the topic of successful DX58S0 (DX58SO) Installations here or on hackint0sh

Do I need to do anything special to make this work? The XxX distro I'm using includes this driver. Is it enough that I checkbox the driver under "Customize" when I install OS X, or do I need to do anything else post-installation to activate the driver?

• 1 month later...

Finding this thread has made my day... I've been struggling with ethernet and sound for my DX48BT2 board for months with no luck, almost given up since final cut/shake would crash without ethernet....

however I'm not in the clear just yet... before I installed this kext, the ethernet was greyed out and said no device. Now it seems to recognize it, but it tells me the cable is unplugged when I know the connection is good because my system is a dual boot with vista x64 and vista gets online just fine

Do I need to do anything special? Could it be a conflict with another kext?

My System:

Q9550

DX48BT2

GeForce 8800GT 1GB DDR3

8GB 1333 DDR3

500GB SATA II (and 4x320GB RAID0 for Vista but those are not recognized)

iatkos 5.0

also I tried the 9274D kext for my onboard sound, which now appears as if it works but I don't actually hear any sound from my speakers?

kexts installed using Kext Helper

Anyone out there gotten ethernet & Sound working for an intel DX48BT2 board I would really appreicate your help - thanks!

**UPDATE** Working on the DC7700 Intel 82556DM, my bad for not following the instructions closely.

I am only getting speeds of 10mb, not 100 or 1000 even when I force the speed its only 10

Tried it on my HP DC7700 with a 82556DM, no workie..

So does this work on intel 82566dm or not? and if it does, how do i install it?

After around one month part-time work. I ported the Linux e1000e driver to my Laptop (Lenovo T61p) running Hackintocsh Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3).

Detail in my blog http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

Guijin Ding

I have been fighting to get LAN to work for a very long time, i have followed dingguijin walkthrough and I have no response from the NIC every time.

I download the .tar.gz file that was upload 11-2008

i then edit the contents/info.plst file to match the versions located with kextstat

I save and quit

I use kext helper to upload the new 82566mm driver, it says successful cross fingers and reboot.

I reboot, no internet...

If i go to about this mac>system profiler>network> at the bottom of the list ethernet is listed there, and it gives a mac address, full duplex, and auto select.

What am I missing, do i need to insert a device ID somewhere? This is a totally vanilla, retail copy. I have not set up macloader yet but once i get internet working i will set up macloader. By the way I am using the intel dp35dp mobo....I appreciate any direction you can give. Thanks a lot.

Not meaning to insult your intelligence -- it happens to the best of us -- but are you sure (100% sure, i.e. go and check) the NIC setting in your BIOS is set to enabled.

I have been fighting to get LAN to work for a very long time, i have followed dingguijin walkthrough and I have no response from the NIC every time.

I download the .tar.gz file that was upload 11-2008

i then edit the contents/info.plst file to match the versions located with kextstat

I save and quit

I use kext helper to upload the new 82566mm driver, it says successful cross fingers and reboot.

I reboot, no internet...

If i go to about this mac>system profiler>network> at the bottom of the list ethernet is listed there, and it gives a mac address, full duplex, and auto select.

What am I missing, do i need to insert a device ID somewhere? This is a totally vanilla, retail copy. I have not set up macloader yet but once i get internet working i will set up macloader. By the way I am using the intel dp35dp mobo....I appreciate any direction you can give. Thanks a lot.

So I am assuming that you are not getting an ip address - correct?

SMF

• 1 month later...

Any chance of getting the resume from standby/hibernation bug fixed? Basically I have to REBOOT after resuming from any standby or hibernation after my laptop takes a sleep. Shouldn't be too hard as all you need to do is to reload the driver I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After around one month part-time work. I ported the Linux e1000e driver to my Laptop (Lenovo T61p) running Hackintocsh Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3).

Detail in my blog http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

Guijin Ding

Installed and *not* working on my Dell Optiplex 960 which has a 82567LM-3 controller.

Any help in getting this working is appreciated.