Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

Flatfoot listem me.....download the last version of the kext in this link http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com/ ..this is the dingguijin forum...download the package in the first post...the first link!!!!unzip

you will find many files but you only take the Intel82566MM.kext

1° - open the terminal and digit kextstat - enter...

to catch your system information: the version of com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily - com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily - com.apple.kpi.bsd - com.apple.kpi.iokit - com.apple.kpi.libkern - com.apple.kpi.mach.

2° - now open and scroll the Intel82566MM.kext /content/info.plist you'll see this:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.6.0</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>2.4.1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>9.3.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>9.3.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>9.3.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>9.3.0</string>

</dict>

.................change your system information in the same voice..and save.

istall the Intel82566MM.kext in ....../system/library/extensions ....and you're done!

i have install with the Kext Helper b7.

and thanked dingguijin for all!!!!!!!

PS:sorry 4 my english...let there be clear!

bye

I am running a dell xps 410 with the ideneb 1.3.

I have the intel 82566dc - 2 and followed the instructions.

I changed the version numbrs in the file and my device id is listed and installed it with the kext installer but my ethernet does not seem to be detected still.

Any ideas?

Hey, it´s Work fine, but always when i install the NetworkDriver it crashed my Sound Driver!

I use AzaliaTurboTP1984 , Driver. I have tried 2 times (reinstallMAC) but doesnt work.

My OSX : leo4all_v3 - 10.5.2

DeviceID from my Audio Hardware : 0x17AA20AC

Know somebody a Solution for This Problem?

try latest kext package from http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

I tried the latest and still no go.

LSPCI recognizes the card, but nothing shows in apple system profiler or in the network settings under network prefs.

Is there something else I need to do to make it active? Is there another driver I need to install or some other setting I need to enable to make it become detected and operate?

Thanks,

Brian

I gave up.

I went to bestbuy and got a new 10/100 pci nic from dynex (DX-E102) which has the realtek 8139 chipset. Installed it and it works right out of the box with no special drivers or hacking. It cost me $17.99 plus tax.

Now I need to figure out how to change the screen resoluton as it is stuck at 1024x768.

Also need to try the sound drivers from another thread.

I may end up just buying a new cheap video card (fanless) and sound card, just to get it all going good. All this integrated hardware seems just to incompatible. I guess that's what I get for getting a dell.

HP/Compaq 2710p Tablet - Success!

With latest release off your blog, installed with OSX86Tools and then all maintenance scripts run and a reboot, the driver came up great. Listed at 10Mb/sec only, but at least I get better speed than wifi only now :) Thanks a lot!

Help please. I followed the instructions and keep getting an error when placing the file into the extensions folder. The error reads, "The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

Anyone know whats wrong? I am using Jas OSx86 10.5.4 and I have an Intel 82566DC-2 Lan.

Help please. I followed the instructions and keep getting an error when placing the file into the extensions folder. The error reads, "The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

Anyone know whats wrong? I am using Jas OSx86 10.5.4 and I have an Intel 82566DC-2 Lan.

Try to make sure you have untar/unzip the package.

cd Intel82566MM.kext and Check is there a directory named "Content"?

MACinized, vmware fusion a program for OS virtualization. you do not use this program?

used to but now, i'm totally weaned from windows. ;) i've also setup my pc to dual-boot w/ winxp coz i'm looking forward to diablo 3. hopefully there'd be a mac version. :thumbsup_anim:

[EDIT]

hey dingguijin, your kext causes a kernel panic at shutdown. any advice? btw, i'm using OpenHaltRestart.kext to fix restart/shutdown. now that i have your kext, restart is ok but shutdown gives me kernel panic.