Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

I'm desperate... tried everyting to get my 82566DC-2 card working. I'm using Leo 10.5.7, changed the string as suggested to 9.5.0 (from kextstat), and tried with/without editing the hardware id. in ALL cases I get "cable for ethernet is not connected". I've got a DP35DP mobo...

please advise... :D

• 2 weeks later...

My ethernet adapter is an Intel 82566DC is there a patch specifically for that one? Ive tried installing this and i still have the cable unplugged error, there is a mac ID shown though... Ive tried running it in both NAT and bridges, any help would be great ive been working on getting this online for a few weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not working...

I have edited the plist to be in the same voice (using 10.5.5 So whatever voice that is in using kextstat). My device ID was already in there (10CE80806). I have a gateway sx2800 running ideneb 10.5.5. I have tried loading with kexthelper, and pcwiz's and I got nothing.

The only item showing up under system ->network is firewire. Is there a chance I have another kext blocking this (no other network ones that I can tell) Is there some other kext htat this guy depends on that I should have loaded? I have updated my extensions boot cache, so it is at least trying to laod the correct one.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I got the ethernet working finally using sleepwatcher but the problem is ethernet only wakes the first time i wake my computer. After the first sleep and wake ethernet is unusable. Anyone know what causes sleepwatcher to only run once?

Also, if i buy a usb to ethernet adapter, will it work fine after sleep?

Thanks!

Snow Leopard 10.6.1

Intel DG33FB

Core 2 Duo

2 GB RAM

Nvidia 8500GT 512MB

• 2 weeks later...
My SL can regconize the ethernet card but it can not receive IP from DHCP server :(

Similarly, I see the device, but I *can* get packets from DHCP. However name service seems not to work. If I use host(1), I get answers, but when I use the system name resolution, it falls completely, so Network Diagnostic shows the Internet as unavailable, and no programs work.

I'm running vanilla 10.6.0 on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel 82566MM, according to what I'm seeing everywhere incl. under linux.

Thanks.

Sorry guys but I am missing what exactly I am replacing in the plist or in my kextstat. I have both open but can't figure out what I am supposed to be changing, I've read through everything but am still unclear of what I am changing. Thanks so much.

Edit: iDeneb had the drivers on there but now the only thing showing up under network is firewire. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have installed iAtkos v7 on my pc but i cant for the life of me get the Ethernet card to be recognized.

I followed all the instructions i could find on these forums to no avail.

i have the Intel Dx58so motherboard.

if anyone can post step by step detailed instructions i would be very grateful.

I haver downloaded the kext file.

I have tried updating the p file (not sure i did that right)

i used kexthelper and pcwiz.

nothing!

The only network device visible is a firewire card...

Please help! total mac noob here.

Thanks

Jay

• 1 month later...

Here's the latest version from Google Code compiled for 10.5.x. Works after multiple sleep/wakeups, including DHCP. I'm using iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on a DG35EC with Q6600s.

Instructions:

Unzip the .zip, open Terminal.app and cd to the directory in which Intel82566MM.kext resides.

Then:

cp -r Intel82566MM.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

Test with:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext
kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Intel82566MM.kext

Could also be installed with kext helper or OSX86Tools.

Intel82566MM.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here is the latest version compiled for Snow Leopard (I haven't tested if the above version for Leopard works under Snow).

It is still not working with 82566Dm (optiplex755) in 64bit mode (half working, ip address and no host resolution).

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the latest version compiled for Snow Leopard (I haven't tested if the above version for Leopard works under Snow).

===========================================

Correction: In the original post there was a mistake about Snow Leopard version used to compile and test.

The proper version is 10.6 retail DVD.

===========================================

I have Intel® 82566DC network on-board card in my Intel DG965SS motherboard.

None of the drivers recompiled for Snow Leopard and posted here or elsewhere on the internet worked for me (they would install and nothing would happen, console showing dependency errors upon attempting to load the kext).

So, finally I was able to recompile one myself and it installed and found my card successfully on my Snow Leopard 10.6 (retail edition).

The Info.plist in this package is also updated to support Intel® 82566DC card and has the updated dependencies in Info.plist under OSBundledLibraries.

Additional note:

Unlike in Leopard, there was no notification of card being detected after using KextHelper immediately or even after reboot. But going to System Preferences->Network confirmed it was found.

Intel82566MM.kext.zip

• 4 weeks later...