Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Guys, I don't have EFI, should I install the 9.3.0 modbin kernel package?

what do you mean by you don't have EFI? :(

If you are not using vanilla kernel, use the modbin kernel

if you are using vanilla kernel, then use the vanilla kernel.

"I'm seeing a lot of references ot QE/CI, but I don't know what it means. Can someone please explain or provide a link to an explanation?"

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=24431 - Link to explanation of QE/CI.

Also, as for the 10.5.3 combo update, I now have to run "update -v" on every reboot. Also, despite the fact that I followed the instructions to the letter, my system is still running kernel 9.2.0.

Any ideas?

Hi gizmo, I'm using ToH 9.2.2 now, originally a brazilmac 10.5 method. In the description on the kernel installer, it says use it with pc_efi or chameleon bootloader. I don't think I have either of them.

It seems you need efi to use either of the new kernels. You can keep using your current kernel 9.2.2 until a new kernel is made for machines not running efi.

Also, as for the 10.5.3 combo update, I now have to run "update -v" on every reboot. Also, despite the fact that I followed the instructions to the letter, my system is still running kernel 9.2.0.

Any ideas?

I had the very same thing happen. I installed/tried each of the new kernels with the same results. I think that 'update -v" boots you with the "saved" older 9.2 kernel. The new kernel's both seem to require EFI in order to boot. I installed the new "Chameleon EFI boot loader"(first tried EFI v8 from Netkas but wouldn't work for some reason. I used the new "OSX86tools" to do the EFI install ) and both of the new kernels now work fine. So I'm using the vanilla 9.3 kernel from Apple !

You can also remove the new kernel 9.3 and reinstall the 9.2 which will work fine with 10.5.3 . Machine will then boot as before.

Same thing I get. I just followed the Kalyway instructions in the ReadMe file and didn't back up any kexts. Hope I'm not screwed. Anyone have a fix? Before the 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo update and 9.3 kernel update, I was running 10.5.2 kalyway vanilla kernel with Apple Graphics update, HDA sound, rtl1000 driver, nvinject, etc.

Gigabyte G31-S2L

Pentium D E2160

evga NVidia card

etc.

Mine blocks on "Extention "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency: using version 6.0."

Does anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it? I can use the single user mode.

Installed Leo4All v3, installed Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update (following instructions) rebooted (rebooted again with update -v), rebooted one more time lmao. Once it booted up i had to go and add cpus=2 so that both cores would be running (dont know why I had to do that). But everything runs fine with the exception of the usual Dell Inspiron 1525 problems (video/sound)

Update your com.apple.Boot.plist if you're still booting to the older kernel. Come on guys, DO A SEARCH! This is the same {censored} that happened the last time you tried to install OS X with a hacked kernel.

Installed Kalyway 10.5.3 on Q6600 ASUS P5KDelux system. All worked but CI/QE, installed nvinject .41 with pacifist. all working well. system has become fast :weight_lift: ( even my wife feels it :lol: ), best part is the USB problem is solved. over all working well. :thumbsup_anim:

Did you download/install Nvinstaller .41 or did you use the Kalyway CD 10.5.2 and selected your NVinject driver via Pacifist.

Thanks.

I also have the same rig and am pulling my hair out trying to figure out.

I did the update on my Compaq Presario C751NR, installed perfectly with the new update. I do have 2 minor issues though. One, my HD icon is a orange icon, I tried using Candy Bar to restore the default icons, but no luck on that. Any idea on how to fix this issue?

That last thing is I lost my battery meter, would be nice to get this back if there's a place to get the kext back?

My original install on this laptop is Kalyway 10.5.2. So I'm updating from that.

Any help on those two minor issues would be great.

Thank you

Success on Asus P5k Deluxe Wifi

Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update

Vanilla Kernel 9.3

I did a fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.2

Selected the following:

-Vanilla Kernel 9.2.2

-Nvinject + 512 addon

-Time Machine Fix

-Various Third party software

After bootup to fresh install, I installed 10.5.3 as per instructions from Kalyway then installed the Vanilla Kernel 9.3 and rebooted

Installed Nvinstaller .41 via Pacifist and rebooted

Everything is 100% and faster.

Only strange thing is the drive icons are now orange. Hmmm.

Here is a paste from my current "About my Mac"

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

DCLCD DCL24A:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Hey Spiderman, it seems that the AHCI driver cannot be found in the combo updater, if you switched your drive to use regular IDE, it should be able to pick up the root device.

Guys I've updated to 10.5.3 but I'm still using ToH 9.2.0 kernel (or maybe it's 9.2.2 I don't remember). Is there a 9.3.0 ToH kernel?

Squid...You're correct...I can boot up via IDE. Wierd as to why my system and no others are experiencing this???

Hi, i've installed this Combo Update. Everything is ok, but, i need resolution: 1152x864 and in the System Preferences>Displays there is only one-choose resolution- 1024x768. How to solve this problem?

bxy4ubD3Qp.png

P.S- as you can see i have Intel GMA 950

Hi, i've installed this Combo Update. Everything is ok, but, i need resolution: 1152x864 and in the System Preferences>Displays there is only one-choose resolution- 1024x768. How to solve this problem?

Only thing I can suggest is to re-load your video driver kext, either using Pacifist to pull it out of a DVD release, or by finding a download, tons of sources for video kext around here, search.

Only thing I can suggest is to re-load your video driver kext, either using Pacifist to pull it out of a DVD release, or by finding a download, tons of sources for video kext around here, search.

Thanks, i'll try it. :unsure:

Added later...

I've tried to install GMA 950 drivers (kexts) but it does not help...

Did you download/install Nvinstaller .41 or did you use the Kalyway CD 10.5.2 and selected your NVinject driver via Pacifist.

Thanks.

I also have the same rig and am pulling my hair out trying to figure out.

i used downloaded Nvinstaller .41 and not from Kalyway disk. installed only nvinject with pacifist. after all done, repaired permissions (i do it for all the system changes) rebooted, with "update -v" flag. system rebooted once after the update on its own ( just like 10.5.2 update) and everything was back again.

the combo update screws up iPhoto and Preview. everything else went fine after following the instruction.

basically, all photos in iphoto 08 and Preview scale to a low resolution (less than 640x480).

when zoom in, the photos become very blurry.

for those with intel gma950 that just did the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and are getting a blue screen

boot with the -s option

follow the on screen instructions to enable write access to the drive

you will need to get

0x27a2.zip from here:

http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/

or here's a direct link to it

http://darwin950.googlecode.com/files/0x27a2.zip

I then put this zip file on a thumbdrive

of course you will need to manually mount the thumbdrive I did:

mkdir /bunghole

mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /bunghole

then get your zip file, unzip it, you may have to

chgrp -R wheel * in the 0x27a2 directory to fix the permissions

then kextload each of the .kext directories

then type exit to reboot.

this got me to the graphic mode but i was stuck at 1024x768

on my kalyway 10.5.2 cd i grabbed GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg

from here: /Volumes/Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd/System/Installation/Packages/Patches

ran it, and now it works.

there may be better ways of doing this, but this is my first day ever using osx.

for those with intel gma950 that just did the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and are getting a blue screen

boot with the -s option

follow the on screen instructions to enable write access to the drive

you will need to get

0x27a2.zip from here:

http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/

or here's a direct link to it

http://darwin950.googlecode.com/files/0x27a2.zip

I then put this zip file on a thumbdrive

of course you will need to manually mount the thumbdrive I did:

mkdir /bunghole

mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /bunghole

then get your zip file, unzip it, you may have to

chgrp -R wheel * in the 0x27a2 directory to fix the permissions

then kextload each of the .kext directories

then type exit to reboot.

this got me to the graphic mode but i was stuck at 1024x768

on my kalyway 10.5.2 cd i grabbed GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg

from here: /Volumes/Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd/System/Installation/Packages/Patches

ran it, and now it works.

there may be better ways of doing this, but this is my first day ever using osx.

It only returns a translucent menu bar; but it does not return a list of resolutions in- System Preferences>Displays... any ideas?

Newbie question, sorry: What are the advantages of installing the 9.3 kernel?

I'm running 9.2.2, installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 combo update. Both installed beautifully with no problems other than standard sleep and shutdown.

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

Core2Quad 6600 2.4ghz

GeForce 7300GS

4 GB Kingston 800 mhz RAM

80 GB SATA dedicated HDD

Can find it at your usual places.

Very simple and easy, worked for me, no problems.

1- install comboupdate ! don't restart

2- install kalyway kernel pkg ! choose kernel you need for your pc ! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel

3- reboot and type update -v and cross the fingers !

if you stuck at bsd root after reboot ! so type "update -v" without quote at f8 darwin prompt ! it should work !

caution : you may experienced boot problem related to gfx card ! especially with 7xxx nvidia series and ati ! if happen type -v -x

try this update at you own risk !!!!!!!!

Just my luck. Alright guys, here is what happened. Ran the combo update, opened the package to select the kernel and before I even had chance to click the check box to select the kernel my video took a dump on me. I mean completely went black, no signal and no response. I'm cryin'! So any suggestions on how to back track, or fix the current install and try this again? Thanks for any input.

Just my luck. Alright guys, here is what happened. Ran the combo update, opened the package to select the kernel and before I even had chance to click the check box to select the kernel my video took a dump on me. I mean completely went black, no signal and no response. I'm cryin'! So any suggestions on how to back track, or fix the current install and try this again? Thanks for any input.

try to boot with -s cobaltblue

Anyone here SATA unknowin in the system profile after 10.5.3 update???Is there a fix?

post-166622-1212335977_thumb.jpg