The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Hi! I need help with my Asus F3T :D ! How can i get my sound working, I even can't find out what chip is inside of laptop, osx86tool says 10de:026c, but Windows Xp says it is 10ec:0660? Thanks a lot, for helping me :( !

so... it must be ALC660, right?

Wrong. Beware, Asus is using two different codecs. Alc660-VD and ALC861-VD on this model. So... there's a driver somewhere for ALC 660 on this forum. USe the search option to find it or go to http://osxupdate.blogspot.com/ to ask for ALC861.

I've googled for it. It took me 2 minutos to figure this out (I must be a bloody genius). :P

so... it must be ALC660, right?

Wrong. Beware, Asus is using two different codecs. Alc660-VD and ALC861-VD on this model. So... there's a driver somewhere for ALC 660 on this forum. USe the search option to find it or go to http://osxupdate.blogspot.com/ to ask for ALC861.

I've googled for it. It took me 2 minutos to figure this out (I must be a bloody genius). :D

Thanks! Now i'm using Alc660-VD codec, but my headphones doesn't work, it's only silence. And ext speakers work unproperly... What should i do?

Is there any solution for camera already? :} system sees my camera, skype can turn it on (blue led light on) but skype recieves only black image... :) but when I turn on skype from VMware WinXP camera works perfectly. here is info from system profiler

USB2.0 1.3M UVC WebCam:

Version:	3.46
  Bus Power (mA):	500
  Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:	Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
  Product ID:	0xb012
  Serial Number:	SN0001
  Vendor ID:	0x04f2

Here there is a simple solution... A french pkg ! pcefi9=chameleon 12

If not just in terminal :

cd [pcefi]

mv boot(or "chameleon" or "pcefi") /boot

Is there any solution for camera already? :} system sees my camera, skype can turn it on (blue led light on) but skype recieves only black image... :) but when I turn on skype from VMware WinXP camera works perfectly. here is info from system profiler

USB2.0 1.3M UVC WebCam:

Version:	3.46
Bus Power (mA):	500
Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer:	Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
Product ID:	0xb012
Serial Number:	SN0001
Vendor ID:	0x04f2

Webcam don't work in iChat, but it does in many other pgm (aMSN, USeeMe, EvoCam, even Premiere CS4), just install macam.

Here there is a simple solution... A french pkg ! pcefi9=chameleon 12

If not just in terminal :

cd [pcefi]

mv boot(or "chameleon" or "pcefi") /boot

Webcam don't work in iChat, but it does in many other pgm (aMSN, USeeMe, EvoCam, even Premiere CS4), just install macam.

I updated pcefi9 created and patched dsdt but still in skype black image from camera. macam doesnt even see camera. :blink:

using -cpus=1 and -v I've managed to boot to the installer now...

However when trying to install, i get an Install Failed message very shortly after starting it saying that "The Installer could not create the folder "/Volumes/Vista64/Basesystem.pkg.129LTMDCc"

Im trying to overwrite a partition that has what is now a corrupted vista installation. My final hope is to be able to dual boot Vista and OS X.

I am using an asus G1S 4G Ram

Any idea what I'm missing?

Okay. That problem is fixed. Turns out i skipped the whole "disk utility formatting" part. ;)

Installing now.

Fully installed now, trying to boot. When booting from hard Drive, I get the Darwin bootloader. I use a cpus=1 and -v command, and it loads about half a screen of code. The last thing is "MAC Framework successfullly initialized using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers." Then it stops doing anything.

Just flashed a modded BIOS (Asus easy flash is a life saver) and I'm reinstalling OSX (not sure if this is nessecary, but figured it couldn't hurt) The installer now works without cpus=1, a good sign that maybe all cores will work now.

Smo3 - pciefi and dsdt was related to my sleep issue, I think it has absolutely no connection to the camera :P

Ok :) I got it :) but still I have no sleep support :) I suppose my laptop just don't want to sleep :D when i put him to sleep, screen become dark (and it's ok) the BT and wifi leds turns off but after second computer resumes from sleep :) and after putting dsdt into my root folder I can't use fn key anymore, after chaotic pressing fn+F1-F12 system hangs :D

Guest undefined
The installer now works without cpus=1, a good sign that maybe all cores will work now.

yes! that's what cpus=1 is for. :rolleyes: it makes the system use only one core.

Does the Acer 5930G count as being in the G series?

nope. there's a huge difference between Asus and Acer. :(

I suppose my laptop just don't want to sleep :D when i put him to sleep, screen become dark (and it's ok) the BT and wifi leds turns off but after second computer resumes from sleep

what about the led that glows when the computer is on? do you have one? it should blink when asleep. also, try other emulating options (don't use darwin, it doesn't change anything)

what about the led that glows when the computer is on? do you have one? it should blink when asleep. also, try other emulating options (don't use darwin, it doesn't change anything)

Yes I have that led (my laptop F3Sc) but when it should start to blink laptop turns on again and return to normal working state. So result - no sleep. :lol:

Ok, I have one big problem... again... I finally got my Apple Extrem Wifi card (Broadcom BCM4328)... but... system sees it, but, I cant connect to any network even I can't see any network, what should I do now? :) it always says that my airport is turned off, sometimes it turns on but cant find any networks and state becomes off again, wifi cards led is on.

I already reinstalled two times system.... Same :( Yesterday I have installed vista (yak!!! ;) :censored2: it's not a system - it's big junk!), installed drivers but... I cant see any network too (like in MacOS...) so i think it's hardware problems... When i changed card I connected in the same way like old card. Black (main) antena cable in the left and white in the right (AUX).

Hi.

It can be the update to 10.5.5 that is giving all those problems - under Vista, though I don't have a clue why.

Run the script I'm sendig you in Terminal. Maybe it'll help. It helped me.

Afterwards, don't forget you have to use the HARDWARE switch to start your Airport, and then, left click the Airport symbol on the top system bar and choose the Airport activation.

Broadcom_Script.zip

Hi.

It can be the update to 10.5.5 that is giving all those problems - under Vista, though I don't have a clue why.

Run the script I'm sendig you in Terminal. Maybe it'll help. It helped me.

Afterwards, don't forget you have to use the HARDWARE switch to start your Airport, and then, left click the Airport symbol on the top system bar and choose the Airport activation.

jjduro, thanks again! :whistle: but I already used that patch :wacko: without patch sometimes card tries to search for network, but after patch card always apears as "off". Maybe card dead :/ (bought new card from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...m=350127545695)

P.S.

one strange thing about that card, card marked as BCM94321 but system (both MacOS and vista) sees card as BCM4328