The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Then exit disk utility, agree to the agreement, select your new partition as installation destination. Click "Customize" in final screen and select ONLY these options:

- Vanilla_Kernel

- Vanilla_ACPI_fix

- BOOT_efi_mbr (under Bootloaders EFI)

Sadly I am using Kalyway 1 5 2 ("z0r Kalyway 1 5 2" etc) and it has just ONE of these options the vanilla92 kernal.. no such other options so tried to follow these instructions as closely as possible, but there's no options or sub options to choose - Vanilla_ACPI_fix OR the BOOT_efi_mbr (under Bootloaders EFI)

Any suggestions? (ISO image checked BEFORE burning, after burning, verified at install etc etc)so its a full ISO but options missing that you're asking for

As a result, I have a Leaopard Mac (true enough) but no sound, no ethernet (that can be made to work with safari) no wireless (even though blue tooth is working?) and video is redced way down to millions of colours at 1024 768 (MUCH lower than display capability) so.... HELP!!!!! Its SEEMS I have made a lot of progress but " staright forward it aint, as the kalyway 152 doesnt show the options for these instructions)

Thanks guys....

(By the way please dont just say "tray a different kalyway 152 as this is the FIRST iso Ive been able to download of kalyway that WASNT corrupted or passowrd protected. So if you do decide to just say " get another kalyway disk" , then I need a VERY specific version and name folks :-) 'K? 'K) :-)

:-)

ASUS F3Sv

intel core duo (both cores showing)

2.0 ghz intel santa rosa

bios - 208 as per this thread list of asus bios

you should install never version, ideneb 10.5.6 or ipc, they have more install options (you should select something from nvidia, attansicl1 and alc660 sound), unfortunately wireless won't work.

Hi!

In cant get GL working on my Geforce Go 7300 (asus F3JC) under a retail installation of 10.5.6.... ;)

It means that I only can play some videos at very poor quality with quicktime, nothing with vlc... and I cant use iMovie...

jjduro, Do u have it working on your laptop? What are you using?

thanks

Hi!

In cant get GL working on my Geforce Go 7300 (asus F3JC) under a retail installation of 10.5.6.... :)

It means that I only can play some videos at very poor quality with quicktime, nothing with vlc... and I cant use iMovie...

jjduro, Do u have it working on your laptop? What are you using?

thanks

Hi. Presently I had to migrate to NvDarwin. Unfortunately someone here at Insanelymac decided that that activator wasn't kosher, because it used similar sollutions and aprocches to Nvinject and Natit - as Nvkush does - and had to be removed. That made Xdarwin, the developer, abandon his project. Hey you guys, thanks! That was really smart. I can't use Nvinject on my card, Natit and Nvkush don't work also.

Go HERE, and send me an email so I can send you Nvdarwin

Hi ppl just joined and reading through all the threads, well as much as i can.

here is my laptop that i want to instal OSX on.

ASUS F3Sc 1A

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7300, 2.2 GHz, 800MHz, 2/4MB On-Die L2 Cache

it has Vista Biz on it atm what i want to know is?

Do i have to do a dual boot. my thinking is no but knowing me im missing some thing important? sorry if this is a silly question just want to answer some nagging questions b4/will iso downloads.

anyone with same lappy feel free to pm me as id like to know what u got working and what isnt on this laptop.

Cheers PPs.

ok got it installed 20min in so far and all is good.

Sound not working

network not working

cam not working

video drivers not installed except for the installed ones on first install.

but do have traktor and audio 8 sound card work a charm

Hi. Presently I had to migrate to NvDarwin. Unfortunately someone here at Insanelymac decided that that activator wasn't kosher, because it used similar sollutions and aprocches to Nvinject and Natit - as Nvkush does - and had to be removed. That made Xdarwin, the developer, abandon his project. Hey you guys, thanks! That was really smart. I can't use Nvinject on my card, Natit and Nvkush don't work also.

Go HERE, and send me an email so I can send you Nvdarwin

:)

So I guess there is nothign we can't do with that.... So you also can't play videos right? In this condition its useless to have leopard installed on the laptop...

He all .

I'm new add this so be patient with me please :)

I installed iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 on my asus f3tc with the nvidia 7300 graphic card.

When i first booted the mouse and touch pad on the laptop did work a bit that is.

the mouse hangs en shots all around the screen .

also it takes forever to load the system .

When im in mac i can do almost nothing because its really! slow .

I installed the voodoo kernel

also the atheros drivers for my lan .

and the old nvidia chipset drivers .

Kan anybody tell me why the os is slow booting and slow with everything when its finaly booted.

And why the mouse and touchpad is so strange behaving (could be the system that slows it down)

Thanks in advance

kamelot

Guest undefined

I tried to upgrade my sound kexts, but I failed while loosing my old ones. So could anybody please send me the HDAEnabler and AppleHDA for ALC660? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Hi all!

After a while when I didn't have my laptop (service changed HDD and DVD drive) I'm trying to install retail dvd with boot -132 method but it doesn't work.

I'm using

generic.iso from boot 132 topic (40mb)

retail mac os 10.5.6 dvd

My BIOS version has been changed to 306 from 304. Since my laptop came back from service I didn't use mac os yet because time machine versions weren't working. Boot files were always on windows partition, but it wasn't backed up.

I start with boot cd and then swap it to dvd and boot with different flags (-f -x cpus=1) but always with -v (I tried once without) but always it's the same. BSD Root disk0s1... and It kills all processes and restarts computer.

Any ideas?

jjduro, which boot cd did you use to install it? which kext after? And what version of bios do you have?

jjduro, which boot cd did you use to install it? which kext after? And what version of bios do you have?

I'm not sure about my BIOS version. I think it still is the original one. Maybe 304...

Why don't you downgrade to 304?

I used the LifeboatCD13 to boot my retail DVD. Which is a very good release. I'm using the 10.5 Retail DVD and then the 10.5.6 combo update. Mind that the 9.0.0 vanilla kernel doesn't work on my F3Jc, but the 9.6.0 vanilla works great.

So which option did you chose from that cd? I tried these top half of them and nothing works

I hit F8 and then -v, swap disc and hit enter

It shows me message that it didn't find com.apple.boot.plist and timing starts from beginning (time when you have to hit f8 or wait 10 seconds to start)

With 3rd option I got screen with partition to chose (apple hfs) and it loops at this stage. I hit anter and it's again the same.

So which option did you chose from that cd? I tried these top half of them and nothing works

I hit F8 and then -v, swap disc and hit enter

It shows me message that it didn't find com.apple.boot.plist and timing starts from beginning (time when you have to hit f8 or wait 10 seconds to start)

With 3rd option I got screen with partition to chose (apple hfs) and it loops at this stage. I hit anter and it's again the same.

hit F8 and then the ESC key. then, type EF, if that's the value inside the brackets for cd/dvd... it usually is. then it will boot up

It worked, thanks jjduro;)

I'm trying to get working dual boot with mac and xp or win7(when it finishes downloading) on GUID partition and I can't find anywhere hint if I should make that EFI partition (200mb) or not because when I make 2 partitions on my HD (one HFS+ and one fat32) with disk utility it makes automaticaly 3 partitions. Something like that:

disk0s1 - fat32 200mb (automatically made by disk utility and it's hidden. it can't be initialized by gparted)

disk0s2 - fat32 30 gb (my partition for windows)

disk0s3 - HFS+ 60 gb (for mac)

unallocated 128mb

So is that first partition an EFI partition? or do I have to make it?

My keyboard doesn't work as well. Where do I have to put these kexts? to that EFI partition?

It worked, thanks jjduro;)

I'm trying to get working dual boot with mac and xp or win7(when it finishes downloading) on GUID partition and I can't find anywhere hint if I should make that EFI partition (200mb) or not because when I make 2 partitions on my HD (one HFS+ and one fat32) with disk utility it makes automaticaly 3 partitions. Something like that:

disk0s1 - fat32 200mb (automatically made by disk utility and it's hidden. it can't be initialized by gparted)

disk0s2 - fat32 30 gb (my partition for windows)

disk0s3 - HFS+ 60 gb (for mac)

unallocated 128mb

So is that first partition an EFI partition? or do I have to make it?

My keyboard doesn't work as well. Where do I have to put these kexts? to that EFI partition?

You'll use the hidden partition. It is supposed to be hidden. just use this tool to do it. and search the kexts on my signature and use them. before using the GUI tool, read this post. And DON'T ask me if you should use the Terminal...

By the way, you will use the GUID partition table, instead of MBR, which means that your partition setup cannot be used as is.

You'll have to put OSX first, then an empty partition, and finally the one for Windows.

Mine is like this:

disk0s1 - HFS+ 200mb

disk0s2 - HFS+ -OSX

disk0s3 - FAT

unallocated 128mb

disk0s4 - NTFS - WINDOWS

After installing WINDOWS, use THIS guide for dual boot

I'm in the middle of process and don't know if dual boot will work, because win7 installatorputs boot files into EFI partition as well (it did when it was fat32)

jjduro

you wrote that your graphic drivers didn't work. For me everything works like never before without any problems. I even have 32bits of colour and Quarz and GL. I just use Natit which is in Inspiron Normal iso on LifeBoatCD. I was booting from it and it was working from the start, so try to boot from it and you'll se if it works for you.

From kext you have in signature I can't find EHCISleepEnabler, AppleACPIPS2 (only AppleACPIPS2Nub or ACPIPS2Nub), Clamshell Display (but I suppose if Natit works for me it's useless. Or maybe it's for other purposes?) and I don't know which ApplePS2Controller to choose, because in contents some f versions have plugins, some of them don't have.

update

No audio unfortunately on retail 10.5.6;/

It's alc660 and with Wiwi's package it was working in previous versions of leo but hacked isos. Now I installed 10.5.6 retail version with boot-132 and now kexts installed on EFI don't give any result. Still no audio device.

Wiwi

Do you have this solved at your installation?

Can I delete AppleAzalia.kext from extensions folder or it will brake installation?

I'm in the middle of process and don't know if dual boot will work, because win7 installatorputs boot files into EFI partition as well (it did when it was fat32)

jjduro

you wrote that your graphic drivers didn't work. For me everything works like never before without any problems. I even have 32bits of colour and Quarz and GL. I just use Natit which is in Inspiron Normal iso on LifeBoatCD. I was booting from it and it was working from the start, so try to boot from it and you'll se if it works for you.

From kext you have in signature I can't find EHCISleepEnabler, AppleACPIPS2 (only AppleACPIPS2Nub or ACPIPS2Nub), Clamshell Display (but I suppose if Natit works for me it's useless. Or maybe it's for other purposes?) and I don't know which ApplePS2Controller to choose, because in contents some f versions have plugins, some of them don't have.

I'm using NvDarwin with 256 mb :)

I'll send the kexts to your email.

update

No audio unfortunately on retail 10.5.6;/

It's alc660 and with Wiwi's package it was working in previous versions of leo but hacked isos. Now I installed 10.5.6 retail version with boot-132 and now kexts installed on EFI don't give any result. Still no audio device.

If you put the kexts on the Extra folder or into the EFI boot Hidden partition the sound and video won't work. At least, they don't for me. It has to be with some driver adress issues.

And I though you had ALC861, not ALC660, Wiwi had an upgrade on his mobo, that's why he now has ALC660.

I'm using NvDarwin with 256 mb ;)

I'll send the kexts to your email.

If you put the kexts on the Extra folder or into the EFI boot Hidden partition the sound and video won't work. At least, they don't for me. It has to be with some driver adress issues.

And I though you had ALC861, not ALC660, Wiwi had an upgrade on his mobo, that's why he now has ALC660.

So that's strange then, because video is working from the beginning. I just booted from inspiron normal, installed EFI partition and it's working. I didn't have to add anything. The problem is with other kexts. They are copied to EFI but sound doesn't work, card reader doesn't work as well. I don't know about your other kexts, but at least keyboard is working:D

Do you have full 32bits of colour? I finally have and that's why I'm aware of changing anything:) In windows7 it says that my card has 128mb VRAM and 386mb Turbo cache. Here in mac it recognizes it as "Unknown nVidia" with 128 VRAM. No Turbo cache unfortunately.

I always had alc660 so I was using wiwi's package and it was working, but now it's not. So you've just put them in extensions normally?

I had my laptop in service but I don't think they'd change anything with sound card because there wasn't any issue with it. So I suppose it's still alc660 (can I check it in terminal, or do I have to start ubuntu?). They changed HD and DVD (few days before guarantee expired:P)

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting, everyone!

I am new to both Mac and OSx86. Anyway, I manage to install Leopard using iATKOS 1.0, then combo update to 10.5.6. It is dual booting with Windows 7 Beta installed before the Leopard installation. There are a few interesting things that happened. First, after installing Leopard, for some strange reason, my Windows 7 stop recognising USB hard disk and USB pendrive. Both the devices are recognised in Mac OS X, though. This is probably problem with Windows.

Now, in my Leopard, network doesn't seems to work, and sound doesn't seems to work. I am under assumption that the driver for network is under construction. So, I proceed to upgrade it to 10.5.6 first. I follow a guide and manage to upgrade with not too much problem. However, when I reboot, I realise another problem that arise. My keyboard is now not working. I downloaded some other hacked or enhanced Apple PS2 kext, but it still refuse to work. :P

In conclusion, the following are currently not working:

1. wireless

2. keyboard

3. sound

4. bluetooth (Haven't try, but it does not seems to exist)

Not confirmed:

1. graphic card.

My Specs are:

Asus F3Sv laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz

NVIDIA 8500M GS

Intel wireless 3945