The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

I have an ASUS F3Sv (X52S) with iAtkos 10.5.4 and I need help getting audio working. I assume it is an ALC660 chipset as that is the Hardware ID that is displayed in Device Manager in Vista. I have tried the kexts posted by maxoid and AlexIT, and a number of other solutions (HDAPatcher, and another ASUS-specific driver pack), but none seem to work. I have always made sure that the kexts had appropriate permissions applied (including using Kext Helper), I've used diskutil to repair permissions, and I've also deleted the kext cache to ensure the old kexts weren't being used, so I've tried to be very, very thorough but not had any luck!

If you have an ASUS F3Sv could you tell me which kexts you are using and/or perhaps attach them to this thread? I don't really need the mic working, but I'm really missing the internal speakers and headphone output!

For those who are wondering, iAtkos v4 worked great. I've separately installed NVinject, battery meter, speedstep and ApplePS2 touchpad drivers and everything is working nicely. The Intel 3945ABGN wifi stuff obviously isn't working at the moment, but I bought a cheap Sitecom TW-169 USB wifi adapter and it works great (with drivers from the Realtek site).

Audio is my last remaining concern so I'd love to get it working :(

I have an ASUS F3Sv (X52S) with iAtkos 10.5.4 and I need help getting audio working. I assume it is an ALC660 chipset as that is the Hardware ID that is displayed in Device Manager in Vista. I have tried the kexts posted by maxoid and AlexIT, and a number of other solutions (HDAPatcher, and another ASUS-specific driver pack), but none seem to work. I have always made sure that the kexts had appropriate permissions applied (including using Kext Helper), I've used diskutil to repair permissions, and I've also deleted the kext cache to ensure the old kexts weren't being used, so I've tried to be very, very thorough but not had any luck!

If you have an ASUS F3Sv could you tell me which kexts you are using and/or perhaps attach them to this thread? I don't really need the mic working, but I'm really missing the internal speakers and headphone output!

For those who are wondering, iAtkos v4 worked great. I've separately installed NVinject, battery meter, speedstep and ApplePS2 touchpad drivers and everything is working nicely. The Intel 3945ABGN wifi stuff obviously isn't working at the moment, but I bought a cheap Sitecom TW-169 USB wifi adapter and it works great (with drivers from the Realtek site).

Audio is my last remaining concern so I'd love to get it working :)

see 2 posts above you, or 1 post below you :P

@All:

As you may have noticed in my signature, please do NOT send me private messages about your laptop. I'd love to help you, but I simply don't have the time to give individual instructions to every single person who asks me personally for help, especially for things heavily discussed already, or special cases dealing with laptops I don't have. It would be a LOT more convenient if people read the guide, and posted on the thread if they encounter any problems. It doesn't matter if you don't read all 19 pages of the thread, it is perfectly understandable.

My Inbox is now FULL. I do not plan on cleaning it out any time soon, but I would be happy to help you out on the forum, or try to. Sorry for any inconveniences.

@undefined: this is for ALC660-VD, correct? I added it to the guide :) You know my email if there are anything comes up and I'm outdated ;)

Guest undefined

ant - noleafclover already wrote in that thread ;) thanks for adding, I was gonna email you if you didn't respond today :)

I've tried the Audio kext, no change for me , i've sound, works great, but still no SHUTDOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

And i'm really sure that's this kext taht cause me "unshutdown"=if i disabled audio card or if i remove the kext, shutdown all the time, with all kernel.

Oh, i use only audio strings, HDAenabler and ALCinject aren't necessary at all = injectors...exactly the same job !

Another question : Is anyone have his laptop working with a newer ACPIPlatform ? If yes, how (BIOS mod, Kextmod, no mod ????)? Or will we use ACPIPlatform 1.0.3 o rolder forever... ? The kext is a 10.4.6 version !

As I posted in the other thread (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry861564), I now have the ALC660 working on my F3Sv ;)

I simply used these 2 kexts as posted by rob3r7o (use Kext Helper to install, makes it easy!):

http://rapidshare.com/files/137271345/ALCi...t.kext.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/136637538/AppleHDA.kext.zip.html

It goes without saying, if you have an AppleAzalia.kext then you need to remove it too, and contrary to that thread I didn't need to make any changes to Boot.plist as rob3r7o suggests.

Perhaps for certain models of ASUS notebooks we could make driver packs using known working drivers - it would make things even easier for newbies :(

Cheers to everyone who has posted in this thread too, your work is much appreciated.

Guest undefined

Happy to hear it's working, guys! Funny way I discovered it though, just randomly browsing :P Thanks for explaining that two injectors aren't necessary.

@Wiwi

I don't know which F3 you have, but after updating bios in my F3jc from v205 to v304 I can use even newest ACPI 1.2.1

Before I wasn't able to do that.

I got My sound working with line out finally!

It was working with AppleAC97Audio.kext originally but without line out and microphone.

I used files posted by undefined and after installing I cleaned everything with OnyX and restarted.

The best thing about this is I feel now that it is HDAudio!

I didn't feel it on Windows XP

I can't believe that I use the same computer. Sound is clear and it's like surround sound. Of course everything on my Sennheiser HD595, not laptop speakers.

And I don't believe it's Placebo ;)

Guest undefined

saintckm - if you chose Vanilla, it must be Vanilla :construction:

Wiwi - do you mean sleep? I don't think there's hibernate funcion for OS X

Yes sleep...

But.. ACPI state S3 ? Is not hibernate ? Don't remember, hibernate is just one of th three sleep mode (with just ram alimented, with ram copied on disk or with ram alimented and copied on disk ?)

ACPI S4 state=hibernate mode (suspend to disk)

Look at this

And in OSX, we can change the sleep mode with a terminal command.

Guest undefined

Sleep is S3, where it doesn't shutdown copying RAM to disk, it's still on, but saving energy by turning off some devices (there are problems with audio after waking from sleep - it doesn't turn back on, I think)

Hi

I've tried to install JaS 10.5.4 using these options:

chipset driver: Intel-ICHX

network driver : RTL8187

plugin : ACPIPS2Nub

video: Nvkush

but keyboard and touchpad are not in use.

Please any suggestions ?

This is my hardware

Notebook Asus Z53Jseries

Proc: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5500

Mobo: Asus F3JC 1.0

Chipset: Intel i945PM rev 03

Southbridge: Intel 82801GHM(ICH7-M/U)

Memoria : 2048 MB DDR2 SDRAM 667

LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

WiFi: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [NoDB]

Audio: Realtek ??

Video: NVidia GeForce Go 7300

Hard Disk: ATA FUJITSU MHV2120BH PL

DVD : MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ-850S

Hi All!

I noticed a long time ago something strange. My HDD is behaving strange. It makes strange sounds all the time. I mean it's the same sound repeating all the time and it's very irritating. I had this from a long time, if not from the beginning, but in Windows sometimes it was ok, but on MacOs it's like that all the time. It's very strange sound, it's like some short electronic click and short shuffle, but it repeats al the time, like with 5 second interval. Do you or did you have the same kind of problem(?) with your ASUS?

PS. If any of you sent laptop to service, did you send it with MacOs installed on it? I'm considering it, but don't know if they could void warranty, or say that this problem is caused by using not appropriate system.

Mine don't do strange sounds, so maybe something is wrong on your hard drive... (my girlfriend had this problem on her Acer laptop and fiannally the HHD died)

I sent my laptop to Asus this summer because when I plugged the headphones the sound didn't stop on speakers. They replaced the motherboard in 1 week and everything is ok now (but now I need different kexts for the sound although the same board is recognized as the same one on Everest... before was out of the box with ALC861 and now I seem to need ALC660-VD).

PS: I deleted the Leopard partition and ubuntu. i sent it just with windows installed

@ant

I've looked through the posts but I can't seem to find where you talk about your new bios, would you recommend updating it? if so could you post yours I have the exact same computer as you! cheers

@everyone

I can't get any of the new visualizers working in itunes and I would really like to get the magnetosphere up and running. It looks pretty sweet. Any suggestions?

@saint

I just bought a broadcom chip for 10 bucks on ebay and since then I've had perfect wireless and bluetooth. Highly recommend that method. I think I've now lost my 3945 but I don't think I'll really need it again even if they get it working.