The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Well... "with a pen, on boot"

don't take it bad, what's that meaning ?

I went in the Asus site and I've downloaded the v 306 but I don't know how to do after. I'm a mac user for long, long time and know nothing about windows...

Well... "with a pen, on boot"

don't take it bad, what's that meaning ?

I went in the Asus site and I've downloaded the v 306 but I don't know how to do after. I'm a mac user for long, long time and know nothing about windows...

Download v307. Copy it to a PEN, insert it into an USB port and reboot. Press F2 to enter the Bios Setup Utlity. Search for Advanced/Start Easy Flash.

Choose the drive with the Rom v307 file and press enter. It will update.

Or, reboot with a Win98 CD and select comand line, after copying the rom and the Aflash.exe file, found on the Asus site under Software Downloads for Asus F3Jc, to a Pen and inserting it into an USB Port. type: A: and press Enter.

Then type: Aflash.exe and follow the on screen instructions.

post-75055-1240240267_thumb.jpg

post-75055-1240240306_thumb.jpg

The bios I've dowloaded from asus site is not .Rom.

I unzip the file and i get F3JcAS.306.

I put this in a usb pen but I have no choise when I get into Easy flash utility. Nothing to do.

Did I do something wrong ?

It's drive me crazy

Hi,

well, after hours I've instaled winXP and upgrade the bios to v307. Thank you anyway.

Now, I'm trying to istal the 10.5 Universal using Bumby.iso like the bootCD and I can't go to the end of the install. After charging, and the blue light verry known Apple screen I get the nice multicolors disc tourning around for ever...

I've tried with the SlimBuild-Preboot.iso you post, jjduro, before, and now I can go to the end but I get "The installation was not procced" something like this "restart your computer"...

Any idea ?

Thanks jjduro.

My laptop now is runing better than ever, everything working except webcam...

People how many of yours would pay to get our Syntek DC1125 working on OSX?

I would even pay even 50$ if someone get it working as good as it works in Windows (cuz in Linux it works but very bad...). Maybe we can collect some money and ask someone or the macam team to do it... because it seems they won't do it for fre....

What do you think about it?

People how many of yours would pay to get our Syntek DC1125 working on OSX?

I would even pay even 50$ if someone get it working as good as it works in Windows (cuz in Linux it works but very bad...). Maybe we can collect some money and ask someone or the macam team to do it... because it seems they won't do it for fre....

What do you think about it?

Count me in. But for €50 I'd like to have more webcam's working ;)

I mean, you could buy an iSight camera on ebay for that, probably :P

And we could help more people with other webcam models

You right jjduro, hahaha

The bad thing is that the macam project doesn't seem to be working since I long time ago. I sent two emails to them in the past and I didnt even received an answer...

geticus, I'm using exactly the kexts jjduro attached on post #619 before. But instead of VoodooPS2Controller.kext I'm using ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPSNub or somethinkg like that (dont remember exactly the name) but I am gonna give a try to the VoodooPS2Controller.kext... Then I will upload to rapidshare a boot-132 customized cd for Asus F3JC so everyone can use it!

PD: jjduro, how do you autothrottle with Voodoopower.kext? I can see with GenericCPUPowerManagement.app that auto-throttle works, but manual doesn't work...

You right jjduro, hahaha

The bad thing is that the macam project doesn't seem to be working since I long time ago. I sent two emails to them in the past and I didnt even received an answer...

I sent them a mail too, with no answer.

geticus, I'm using exactly the kexts jjduro attached on post #619 before. But instead of VoodooPS2Controller.kext I'm using ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPSNub or somethinkg like that (dont remember exactly the name) but I am gonna give a try to the VoodooPS2Controller.kext... Then I will upload to rapidshare a boot-132 customized cd for Asus F3JC so everyone can use it!

You just need the generic boot CD....

PD: jjduro, how do you autothrottle with Voodoopower.kext? I can see with GenericCPUPowerManagement.app that auto-throttle works, but manual doesn't work...

Maybe I'm mistaken... I'm going to check it out and report back

jjduro

generic iso doesn't work for me.

I can't go to the end of the install. After charging, and the blue light verry known Apple screen I get the nice multicolors disc tourning around for ever...

verry nice of you

in a post before you said "I'm not sure about my BIOS version. I think it still is the original one. Maybe 304...

Why don't you downgrade to 304?

I used the LifeboatCD13 to boot my retail DVD. Which is a very good release. I'm using the 10.5 Retail DVD and then the 10.5.6 combo update. Mind that the 9.0.0 vanilla kernel doesn't work on my F3Jc, but the 9.6.0 vanilla works great."

My bios is now v 307 ???

verry nice of you

in a post before you said "I'm not sure about my BIOS version. I think it still is the original one. Maybe 304...

Why don't you downgrade to 304?

I used the LifeboatCD13 to boot my retail DVD. Which is a very good release. I'm using the 10.5 Retail DVD and then the 10.5.6 combo update. Mind that the 9.0.0 vanilla kernel doesn't work on my F3Jc, but the 9.6.0 vanilla works great."

My bios is now v 307 ???

I was wrong. It was 306. And now I've upgraded to 307. And OSX still works great.

And I still use the lifeboat CD.

jjduro, you're great. I get now 10.5.6 on my notebook, thank you verry much, I'm realy meaning.

Now, of course I have some troubles.

First one, my trackpad and the keyboard is not working and I have to use my mac keyboard and mouse. For a notebook is nice.

No graphic card, no wireless

but it's running

thank you again

jjduro, you're great. I get now 10.5.6 on my notebook, thank you verry much, I'm realy meaning.

Now, of course I have some troubles.

First one, my trackpad and the keyboard is not working and I have to use my mac keyboard and mouse. For a notebook is nice.

No graphic card, no wireless

but it's running

thank you again

Install these kexts with kext helper

You won't have wirelless with the original ABG wifi card. Buy a Mini PCI-e airport compatible, like Broadcom 43xx. Google for it

For the Intel ABG Wireless Card keep an eye on the Camphor Project. They are trying to build a driver for those cards from scratch. And Google is your friend :(

PS

Congrats!

generic.iso also didnt worked for me...

Here you got a boot-132 cd especially created for Asus F3JC laptops (give thanks to jjduro as he's the one who gave me the kexts). The bad thing is that I forgot to put an applesmbios, smbiosresolver or something like this so the memory frequency is read as 0mhz... I'll fix it tomorrow and upload a new one with the correct information about the memory.

However the one I just uplodaed will help you to boot for sure

Titooo, you didn't even forget Saintckm's Natit.kext or the voodooPS2Controller.kext.

Excelente! Parabéns ;)

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Natit.kext.zip

titooo1, thank you for your cdboot.

BUT

I did tried to change .kexts with kext helper and now I can't rum the system. It doesn't load enymore.

Do you know is if posssible to do something with terminal after booting on istall DVD ?

Here I am again.

I did a new install and have Leopard now running.

I have the good resolution on screen, but still no have sound working and no touchpad. Keyboard is ok.

I use the last cdboot post by jjduro and after install leopard I've installed Chameleon 2 with the .pkg install (before I've puted inside extra folder all the .kexts using by jjduro on his signature).

Here I am again.

I did a new install and have Leopard now running.

I have the good resolution on screen, but still no have sound working and no touchpad. Keyboard is ok.

I use the last cdboot post by jjduro and after install leopard I've installed Chameleon 2 with the .pkg install (before I've puted inside extra folder all the .kexts using by jjduro on his signature).

use the audio and PS2 I'm sending

they don't work off the extra folder. Put them on S/L/E and don't worry, system updates won't screw them up.

voodoo.zip

jjduro, thank you again.

More time I spend on net searching informations, more I can realise how hudge is your work of all of you.

I have trackpad working now. Nice.

Sound now : internal speakers ok without level, no level on line out, no line in, no micro in.

And no bluetooth, I just sow it.

Question : in my Extra folder I have some kexts you don't have in your signature

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUpmdisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

natit.kext

Don't you think that can cause problems ?

kind regards

geticus, you dont need these files.

For the EFI partition is enough with the files that jjduro has in his signature right now:

AppleDecrypt, Disabler, SMBIOSResolver, HDAEnabler, OpenHaltrestart, ACPIBattery, VoodooPS2Controller, ClamshellDisplay, EHCISleepEnabler, VoodooPower, LegacyAppleAHCIPort, IOSDHCIBlockDevice

On /System/Library/Extensions remember to install voodoohda so you could have sound.

I even can think we could even have less kexts but I dont know because I'm not very experienced to be honest :whistle: (I just learn from the forum and my own mistakes)

For all F3JC users (and probably others): Here you got a boot-132 CD for Asus F3JC, now it includes the SMBIOSResolver. It has a lot of kexts, but not all of them are necessary to run Leopard. But as I dont know whats the use of every kext I wont delete anything from that ISO