The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

I tired searching in that forum before I asked. I guess I'll give it a go again.

And I know it is but if I click it I just get a black itunes window where the visualizer should be. If I try and use any of the other new visualizers other than classic (lathe etc) it doesn't even switch to a black window it just stays on my library. I've formatted since itunes 8 and it's still the same. I have nvidia drivers installed too.. I can't figure it out

Yeah all I can find is the 207 bios, maybe I'm confused, I saw people talking about a 3xx bios so I guess I just assumed ant had it.

Hey guys... I just decided to check in =P

undefined pointed to the right link... I believe my post (and his post with the modded BIOS file) are both in the first 2 or 3 pages. Hope it helps.

@saintckm:

I don't know much about which wireless chipset works... all I know is that Zydas 1211B is supported by Zydas of OS X, but it is not recognized as airport. I have to run a small Zydas app to connect to wifi networks.

cheers,

Ant

Hi, I have a F3JA.

Installing Kalyway 10.5.2 crahes during DVD boot, acpi causes kernel panic. platform=X86PC gives the same result.

iATKOS 10.5.4 installation is sucessful but no matter what options I choose it never boots.

I asked kabyl if he could mod my bios. Anyone got lucky without modded bios? and how?

Guest undefined

Oh dear, I tried to install 10.5.5 update and I failed. ;) well, partially.

I did it from Software Update, which gave me a KP, then I reinstalled it a few times, but got it to work. Soon after I realized everything was working, I couldn't type anything on my internal keyboard. Yes, ApplePS2Controller stopped working. I can't bring my trackpad and keyboard to life now. Tried every kext there is, nothing works. Even kexts which work during installation, which is weird. Any of you happen to know if there are other kext controlling PS2 connectivity?

@CPUCooker,

try booting with cpus=1

Already did, same result. I think my X1600 Mobility is the culprit, I discovered more people having trouble with this chip. In iATKOS 10.5.4 "Customize" before installing even with patch atinject x1600 the behavior is the same. I need to wait for new distro or wait for mod bios.

Guest undefined

Yay, installed JaS 10.5.4 as upgrade, it worked as a charm for my keyboard problems. Not willing to change it to 10.5.5, it's just not worth it.

Same here. I've tried several ApplePS2Controller.kexts and never got my internal keyboard or trackpad working again. The system was fine with 10.5.4. Which means the 10.5.5 vanilla update is not worth it, at least without a working ApplePS2Controller.kext.

In the mean time, my system is completely inop. :(

It's a bios bug. After more diging in the forum I discovered that the people succefully installing osx86 in the Asus F3Ja where using jas 10.4.8 or salvaging his acpi kexts into new distros. I asked kabyl if he could mod my bios, until then I'll stick with jas 10.4.8

Guest undefined

jjduro - have you tried any other ACPI kexts as ant suggested? I think it's worth trying, even if the update sucks.

Oh, and a nice surprise was that shutdown is working great now in JaS 10.5.4

OK Guys,

after I read i dont know how many forum articles, this one here of course and a bunch of others. But I cant manage.

OK, here goes the story:

My wife has an ASUS F3S Laptop with T7250, 160GB HD, NVidia 8400. etc.

Now i wanted to install OS X on this machine. I already have installed several hackintosh machines, my own Laptop (no name), big desktop machine and an MSI Wind running with OS X. All with different issues, but in the end i got them all running.

This @$$#%@ ASUS drives me crazy. So first I tried to install with Kalyway 10.5.2 Did not work at all, hang on several places, so I gave this one up.

Then I used the JaS 10.5.4 edition. With this one I managed to install OS X the usual way (Diskutil, created partition, installed without drivers in the first place). Oh and BTW, since i know already, that the builtin WLAN Intel 3945 does not work with OSX, i replaced that card with a DELL 1490 (Broadcom 4311 chipset), that works like a charm with Vista and the very same card works in my MSI WIND with OS X like a charm too.

So, after several hours (in fact more than 10 hours) I am down to this :

Boot1: Error (I can only boot with the DVD in the drive and then rd=disk0s3, booting from HD gives me that error)

After I booted with the DVD, i could enter OS X, first hang in the endless loop "Do you already own a mac". Reason: NO Network card installed or found, so OS X hangs there, fixed that with "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" etc. Then I could finally get that thing to the OS X Desktop, well, kind of since:

NVidia does NOT work, although I installed the addition NVKush from the JaS DvD, Kexts NOT loaded, when i try to load them by hand, errors

The Dell 1490 is NOT recognized, no airport, no network, nothing. Grrrrrrrr, why not? Dunno, is working in other computers as mentioned.

The builtin Gigaethernet is not working (expected)

Any USB stick is not recognized so in order to install additional drivers, I have to burn a CD every time i do that.

Conclusion at the moment: This is all useless, I can NOT tell my wife, that she has to boot from a CD, type in some things in order to boot, not to mention the other issues, no internet and such.

Oh, and after installing EasyBCD for Vista and adding OS X, still not boot manager shows up, I cant select any partition to boot OS X, just Vista starts automatically as soon as I make that partition active. :P(

I am VERY frustrated and dont know what to test or do now. So please, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone can enlighten me, that would be really very nice. I am downloading just know the latest Leo4All in order maybe get it going.

Oh and just for information, the HD in the ASUS has 3 partitions, first lba and hidden i think is the recovery partition???, second partition is Vista and the third I made OS X.

Thanks for listening to a very frustrated Henri, who until now got OS X going on every machine I tried, the ASUS drives me crazy :D

Henri

Guest undefined

Henri,

are you sure you didn't get through Kalyway install? I think it installed JaS as an upgrade (may be wrong though) and some parts of system just aren't updated. try getting to "about my mac" to find out if it did.

And you should try installing some device recognition kexts from distro, such as smbios, acpi and ich.

Hi!

Any of you had problems with dvd recorder? In my laptop I have MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ-850S and when I try to write on new bought Verbatim DVD+R I get error

Sense Key = Hardware error

Sense Code = 0x03

It's at the beginning and I can't write anything on it!

jjduro - have you tried any other ACPI kexts as ant suggested? I think it's worth trying, even if the update sucks.

Oh, and a nice surprise was that shutdown is working great now in JaS 10.5.4

No I haven't. I'm in the middle of a small holiday - first time this year!!! - and haven't tried other ACPI kexts. Did you made it? Is your system ok? If so, which version have you tried?

cheers!

Haha I got that Package 0 didn't get an HPET after trying to update to 10.5.5 and 10.5.4 and 10.5.3 LOL

anyway Bgundal09 I got iAtkos v1.0i, iAtkos v2.0i, and iAtkos v4.0i working on my Lenovo 3000 Y410...

the Darwin Bootloader thing under Utilities menu of iAtkos v1.0i DVD MUST BE INSTALLED, after installing it, boot to any other iAtkos DVD and install normally, and install should be fine. Bootable too. Remember to set the boot flag using Gparted or something.

Graphics on Y410 is Intel GMA X3100. Intel 3945ABG WiFi does not work (drivers unstable, gives KP to practically everybody), buy a USB dongle (Mine is Netgear WG111v3. Detected as Ethernet controller. Google for drivers). Bluetooth and Realtek ALC262 not working... :rolleyes:

BTW Kalyway does not work!! I tried installing 10 over times and eternal apple logo always comes up after installing... ;)

Try doing the 10.5.5 Update. I could not... gives me some com.google.blahblah file missing.. :) Previously on my v1.0 install, I got the Package 0 didn't get an HPET

HAHA

Guest undefined

no, jjduro, I'm sticking with 10.5.4. though, I noticed I'm lacking system.kext, anybody could upload one from 10.5.4? forgot about a great tool of pacifist, got it from there :angel:

I have an Asus A8JP. T7200 2ghz FSB: 667MHz, 4MB L2 Cache

2gb ram

120 gb sata HD with 3 partitions (recovery, main, extended)

ATI x1700

I'm running XP. I have partition magic to make the unallocated partition.

I have a copy of iaktos 2.0i

I need help though. I can't get the computer to boot from the DVD with the iaktos image on it. (yes I burned the image and not just the iso file.)When I hit F8 on loading doesn't give me a command prompt, only a list of options. So I don't have any place to enter the -v command. This is probably something quite basic, but I could really use some help.

Edit: I just got a copy of Kalyway 10.5.2 also. Which one should I use?

Thanks

TheDudeSkis

has anybody tried boot 132? it seems interesting.

Works with it here...

I have an Asus A8JP. T7200 2ghz FSB: 667MHz, 4MB L2 Cache

2gb ram

120 gb sata HD with 3 partitions (recovery, main, extended)

ATI x1700

I'm running XP. I have partition magic to make the unallocated partition.

I have a copy of iaktos 2.0i

I need help though. I can't get the computer to boot from the DVD with the iaktos image on it. (yes I burned the image and not just the iso file.)When I hit F8 on loading doesn't give me a command prompt, only a list of options. So I don't have any place to enter the -v command. This is probably something quite basic, but I could really use some help.

Edit: I just got a copy of Kalyway 10.5.2 also. Which one should I use?

Thanks

TheDudeSkis

Use Jas 10.5.4, it's better than kalyway..choose Drivers for ich8/9 and old ahciport, usbfix and genericps2fix...with these options i can now use vanilla ACPIPlatform = don't need anymore to boot first time with dvd and then replace kexts...

Beware, NVkush installation with Jas seems corrupted, install it after first boot...

Works with it here...

Use Jas 10.5.4, it's better than kalyway..choose Drivers for ich8/9 and old ahciport, usbfix and genericps2fix...with these options i can now use vanilla ACPIPlatform = don't need anymore to boot first time with dvd and then replace kexts...

Beware, NVkush installation with Jas seems corrupted, install it after first boot...

This is for Dual Boot correct?