The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Wiwi, what injector are you using? EFI strings or ALCinject.kext?

Now HDAenabler, seems more complete than EFi...

SHUTDOWN works randomly in fact, after multiple reboot... But we're close to the solution... Lately i will try to make a clean an updated HDA kext from 10.5.5, but i haven't time today...

PinConfig doesn't totaly work for me. undefined you should try to inject you Pin config into the key ConfigData in HDAcontroller's info.plist, like here.

UPDATED:

I managed to get the Atheros AR5008 PCIe wireless card working! woohoo! I figured out that the black antenna wire goes on port #2 and the white wire goes on port #1. i left the #3 antenna port blank. i guess i could get an antenna wire to have N speed but my router only support B/G speeds.

I guess i wasn't patient enough and paniced when the card didn't work. I removed the settings from the network connections and let leopard re-detect the device and then i scanned for available network and then it found my network.

i didn't check the speed i was getting..oh well..it was fast anyways..

btw - wife didn't care ;)

tut126

ACL660 non vd working kext (shutdown !!!!)

Credits to MadTux, i've just edited pathmap.

Thanks undefined, but things have moved really quick !!!!

Also here original ACL660vd kext by MadTux.

Does this kext work with shutdown on ALC660vd ((Also here original ACL660vd kext by MadTux.) ??

jjduro, thanks for your tip for the trackpad on f3jc. I like how it works on mine. it's better than nothing

Does this kext work with shutdown on ALC660vd ((Also here original ACL660vd kext by MadTux.) ??

Use MadTux version, don't know if my kext works for non vd 660, you can try if you want !

New version of my kext for non vd ACL660, now mic works..

See here

To [always] shutdown it seems that we have to "rewake" our cards:just play with volume controler before shutting down computer...

UPDATED:

I managed to get the Atheros AR5008 PCIe wireless card working! woohoo! I figured out that the black antenna wire goes on port #2 and the white wire goes on port #1. i left the #3 antenna port blank. i guess i could get an antenna wire to have N speed but my router only support B/G speeds.

I guess i wasn't patient enough and paniced when the card didn't work. I removed the settings from the network connections and let leopard re-detect the device and then i scanned for available network and then it found my network.

i didn't check the speed i was getting..oh well..it was fast anyways..

congrats. That's great.

btw - wife didn't care :)

tut126

They never do Tut126.. they never do...

Hello everyone!

I had new f3e notebook ,but after bad bios flashing i have nice looking plastic brick :)

Biggest problem is that screen does not turn on and i do not see what really happened. I have desktop pc with Asus mainboard and same type of bios (Amibios8) Amibios have boot block which is not updating by normal flash procedure.

I tried how this thing works on my desktop pc. I inserted cd in drive and then turned off pc. Then i pushed power button while holding Ctrl+Home (can be PgUp or PgDown). Bios started EZ-Flash and started searching bios rom image on cd. As the rom image was not there EZ-Flash gave message like "Cannot find BLABLABLA.ROM". Then i knew right file naming and burned cd with newest bios and named it exactly as EZ-Flash asked. Then 20 seconds bios flashing, reboot. All working fine.

But with my notebook problem is that i do not see anything. So please can someone give me right bios rom file name ?

Thank You!

Hi All,

Please can you tell me which is the correct BIOS to upload in my ASUS W7S?

Nearest seems to be W3E, but i would be SURE....

Without it, my installation blocks at the boot of Kalyway 10.5.2 on this phrase:

DARWIN KERNEL VERSION 9.2.0: (DATE) made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

i think problem is the BIOS...

Thanks

Hi guys. I have one question is possible to make default apple keyboard from my laptop keyboard, asus f3 series. I think, is possible to make from my alt, control,.. apple command keyboards? To use for example copy and paste.. Thanks

Guest undefined

tor1, you can change modifier keys (ctrl, alt, windows key) in System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse. I got it set like that: Control - Command, Option - Control, Command - Option. Mostly because I'm using special polish signs like ąśłżóć. Try playing with it to get the best results.

Hello all,

Just a little update...(I have a G1 notebook, intel core 2 duo, GeForece Go7700 512mb video,etc.) I had installed the kalyway 10.5.1 mac on my pc....I had said in my earlier post that the shutdown did not work correctly sometimes, i wanted to add that the sleep mode wont let me get back from the sleep mode...I believe I saw some post somewhere on the site about this issue but I dont remeber where and cant find it again...could someone maybe point me in the right direction for how to fix these problems? THANKS! : )

Something else I just noticed too was that whenever I set the correct time in mac then windows time is screwed up and vice versa!? Don't know whats going on there I'm looking into it and will let you guys know whats going on....

Hi people,

I have foudn the Linux drivers for the syntek webcam, so hopefully someone knows how to port it to OS X!:

http://syntekdriver.sourceforge.net/

More info:

http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/syntek

http://sudan.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=451200

http://coffee3.org/2007/02/02/syntek-webcam-linux-05e10501/

Do you think is easy to do for someone experimented? I would even pay for that!

I think I'vre read, sometime back, someone that said he was going to give it a try, based on those drivers, but never saw any results.

I'm going to write to macam in order to see if they can do something.

Anyway I think it would be better if someone more experienced than me write to them. Just because he could explain it better.

Two years ago, I wrote them and even sent them the link for those drivers. But never had an answer. Maybe there was nobody home... ;) I realy hope you're luckier than I was.

Hi, I am a complete Noob to this

and I cannot understand the guide telling me how to install the Ethernet & Lan Drivers

will someone PLEASE give me a step by step guide on how to do it because I have no internet!

Please, I am desperate and have been at this for HOURS and am no further than before, I dont udnerstand installing kexts or nothing, in my network settings the only thing that is listed is a firewire port and nothing else

HELP

I think I'vre read, sometime back, someone that said he was going to give it a try, based on those drivers, but never saw any results.

Two years ago, I wrote them and even sent them the link for those drivers. But never had an answer. Maybe there was nobody home... :D I realy hope you're luckier than I was.

I have just leave them a message: http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5508015

how do I figure out which wifi I have?

I HAVE intel 3945ABG

You answered yourself, if you want to have your wifi working you should replace your Intel 3945ABG card by a miniPCIe wireless card which works on Mac (for example Broadcom4311, but I don't recommend it if you want to use it in linux as well). Here you got some miniPCIe wireless cards which works on Leopard

I've been testing Kalyway 10.5.2 on my ASUS F3Jc notebook. I've replaced the Intel 3945 with an Airport module from an old Macbook. It seems to work quite well, except for two things which I'd like to have fixed:

First and most important:

The GeForce Go 7300 is detected and installed perfectly. This is not such a hard job but somehow I don't have full 32b colors available. Colors in the System Preferences are 'Millions' but gray is not smooth gray. It has 'bars' in it everytime the gray is geting lighter/darker. Long time ago I installed some sort of Hackintosh for testing and I had the same problem, too (with older releases of drivers). I can't find anything on my problem, can someone point me in the right direction? :D

Secondly:

Audio (ALC660) is working but not properly. I've tried millions of drivers and whatsoever but they all give me the same result: It's either not working at all (=wrong driver) or I have Line and Digital output but no sound from internal speakers until I plug speakers into the headphone jack! Note that the speakers in the headphone jack don't work but at that point I get sound from the internal speakers. I don't know how to fix this and it seems I'm the only one with this problem?

how do I figure out which wifi I have?

I HAVE intel 3945ABG

Obvius, isn't it?

I've been testing Kalyway 10.5.2 on my ASUS F3Jc notebook.

First and most important:

The GeForce Go 7300 is detected and installed perfectly.

Secondly:

Audio (ALC660) is working but not properly.

Try these. Maybe they'll work for you. Maybe not. Just try them.

Asus_F3Jc_drivers.rar

Just wanted to say my f3jc runs perfect these days. Im using 10.5.5 (iDeneb) with an EFI string for the go7300. So i dont need nvkush or nvinject. The only thing I want to do is stop using azalia drivers. So I'll work on that later ;).

I also use the shutdown-fix. And I replaced the intel card with a native airport detectable wifi card and added a third antenna in the screen :).

Todo:

1. The touchpad doesnt support scrolling .. not even on the sides.

2. The sound support is fine but not perfect yet.

3. The webcam

4. The cardreader

Any ideas?

Try these. Maybe they'll work for you. Maybe not. Just try them.
Thanks, audio works quite well now ;). Video not but I'm planning on reinstalling and get a newer version then 10.5.2. I encountered problems using WPA2 and maybe an update will fix it. If not, a newer version wouldn't hurt ;).