The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

Ok you guys, after being kicked out of Insanelymac for creating a completely working great video driver - based on natit and nvinject - Xdarwin is back with the wonderfull and great CoreVidia Injector 1.0. You just have to choose your amount of RAM and there it goes :)

It supports Nvdia 9 Series and there's a small raise in the amount of FPS per second on GLView. This is the first release of a work in progress.

It is great! Try it and report!

http://osx86tuga.co.cc/index.php?showtopic...3entry213 (The forum is in Portuguese)

jjduro, is it better than natit that I sent you?

/update

I tried it and it works with EFI boot, but Quarz Extreme isn't supported.

Also colours are different. Image is slightly more crisp on CoreVidia, but steps between colours are seen where they shouldn't be.

In windows 7 nvidia driver says that I have totally 384mb of VRam

128mb Vram + 256mb TurboCache

In this package are only versions with 320mb and 512mb, nothing between it.

I don't know about performane, because I don't play games at OSX, but unsupported QE pushes me back to Natit

jjduro, is it better than natit that I sent you?

/update

I tried it and it works with EFI boot, but Quarz Extreme isn't supported.

Also colours are different. Image is slightly more crisp on CoreVidia, but steps between colours are seen where they shouldn't be.

In windows 7 nvidia driver says that I have totally 384mb of VRam

128mb Vram + 256mb TurboCache

I don't know about performane, because I don't play games at OSX, but unsupported QE pushes me back to Natit

forget about turbocache, it's useless and it doesn't give almost any performance, and osx can't use it

That's strange. When I install the Core Vidia Injector I get 128 MB through 1024 MB.

It works fine. But not on EFI partition. Adress related problem... maybe.

cv1abb.jpgcv2.gif

Hi there,

i have tried many distro (ideneb 10.5.6, XxX 10.5.6 and iPC 10.5.6) and i am able to get them all to work. But some of the distros i am not able to have functionality of some certain hardware. For example, when i install ideneb 10.5.6 i have a trackpad tab in my keyboards & mouse (awesome) but not bluetooth. when i install XxX 10.5.6 or iPC 10.5.6 i don't have a trackpad tab but bluetooth available and activate (awesome).

all three of these distros have the necessary audio, lan, video, power management drivers available for my laptop to work with out adding special kexts.

i like the iPC distro but i doesn't have the trackpad tab so i can tap/tap&drag on touchpad.

how can i add that (trackpad tab) from ideneb distro to my ipc 10.5.6 install.

I had great success with my particular laptop (Asus F3Sv-X1).

looking for some guidance from anyone that shares my issues. i have searched the forums for support but have failed to find anything useful.

tut126

I really need help B)

I can't have my Geforce Go 7300 working on my F3JC (10.5.6 Retail). No matter if I use nvkush, nvdarwin (the one jjduro gave me) or CoreVidia.

System profiler says:

Quartz Extreme: Non Compatible

QuartzGL: Compatible

If I run a Xbench test:

Quartz Graphics Test: 160.24 points

OpenGL Graphics Test: 53.52 (and nothing happen only black screen on the Xbench window, no squares, no circles, just black screen)

User Interface Test: 99.65

And most important and most disturbing thing is that I can't play videos with VLC (I can play some of them qith Quicktime). VLC just show black screen while the seconds go and it plays the audio of the video...

Mates with Geforce Go 7300. What are your OpenGL points on Xbench? Do you can play videos with VLC? Leopard is useless in my laptop withut that... :D

titooo1

I use natit.kext for my go 7300 with retail 10.5.6

It works for me straight from EFI boot partition with QE and full 32bit colour.

I attatched the one I use.

jjduro

So it doesn't work for you on EFI? For me it works, but I have to delete other display kexts manually with terminal. When trying your nvDarwin or CoreVidia, I had to delete natit otherwise it would load them all, but when I had natit and nvDarwin both on EFI, nvDarwin was active, but both of them were loading at start (seen when started with -v).

So what does it show in system preferences when you install it? could you make the screen?

I have other problem

When I try to leave laptop over the night to download and I leave it closed it crashes and in the morning I see the screen with instructions that I have to restart computer...etc

When I check how much was downloaded, there isn't much progress so I believe that it happens maybe after 1, 2 hours?

In power management I set it to never sleep because it didn't want to wake up screen after sleeping it. I had to press Fn+F1 to sleep computer and then wake it up to make screen working.

PS. Audio is working;) I tried several times and now it works with the same kexts and with appleHDA on osx and HDAEnabler on EFI. I had to delete kexts, install them again, repair permissions (which I didn't do before), clear extensions cache, clear cache on EFI and restart.

thanks jjduro :D

Natit.kext.zip

Thanks saintckm!

The Natit kext you are attaching works on my Asus F3JC with 10.5.6 retail!!!

If i install it on S/L/E it doesnt work its GL Quartz compatible but not Quartz Extreme (same than all what I tried before), but if I install it on S/L/E and EFi partition then it works perfectly (QE/CI & GL) now I can watch videos again on VLC and use software like iDVD, iMovie, etcetera

:)

HI EVERYBODY

I'm new in this forum and new on hackintosh too. After many hours of reading all this new stuff for me I have a question. You're smiling ?, juste a question ? Yes... for the moment

I'm a mackintosh users but my friend has a Asus F3JC and I decided to put an Os X inside.

What system is the best for this laptop ? I mean the more accurate ?

Thank you verry much

Search for VoodooPS2Controller.kext

It'll have the answers... for now :(

Use Saintckm's natit.kext

^_^

HI EVERYBODY

I'm new in this forum and new on hackintosh too. After many hours of reading all this new stuff for me I have a question. You're smiling ?, juste a question ? Yes... for the moment

I'm a mackintosh users but my friend has a Asus F3JC and I decided to put an Os X inside.

What system is the best for this laptop ? I mean the more accurate ?

Thank you verry much

I'm using retail 10.5.6 kernel 9.6.0 :D

jjduro

So it doesn't work for you on EFI? For me it works, but I have to delete other display kexts manually with terminal. When trying your nvDarwin or CoreVidia, I had to delete natit otherwise it would load them all, but when I had natit and nvDarwin both on EFI, nvDarwin was active, but both of them were loading at start (seen when started with -v).

So what does it show in system preferences when you install it? could you make the screen?

It now works with natit.kext from the EFI Boot partition.

I have other problem

When I try to leave laptop over the night to download and I leave it closed it crashes and in the morning I see the screen with instructions that I have to restart computer...etc

When I check how much was downloaded, there isn't much progress so I believe that it happens maybe after 1, 2 hours?

I have that problem too.

PS. Audio is working;) I tried several times and now it works with the same kexts and with appleHDA on osx and HDAEnabler on EFI. I had to delete kexts, install them again, repair permissions (which I didn't do before), clear extensions cache, clear cache on EFI and restart.

thanks jjduro :whistle:

Great. I'm now using the voodooHDA.kext. No need for ALCinject ou HDAEnabler (Just to show system audio info) and it has to be installed with Kexthelper on S/L/E. Doesn't work from EFI Boot, but finally we can use the line out and headphones! There's support for several codecs from Realtek to Sigmatel.

Thank you jjduro

but I'm not having 10.5.6 retail fot the instant.

I've installed kalyway 10.5.1, update to 10.5.2, I have the system inside but no video card, no sound etc.

What I have do install now, witch versions ?

For audio on Asus F3JC (EDITED after the jjduro post below):

1-Remove applehda, alcinject, and appleazalia from /System/Library/Extensions. You can keep HDAenabler to show AUdio info in system profile

r2-Download VoodooHDA kext and install it with kexthelper as jjduro suggested. jjduro says it works on his Asus F3JC, which have ALC861, mine is same model but with ALC660VD, so I'm absolutely sure it also wil work on your Asus F3JC

For the video on Asus F3JC (graphic card Geforce Go 7300):

Install the natit kext that saintckm attached on Post #609. This kext still will work when you update to 10.5.6. But before you do that update I really recommend you to install DSDT or your system could be broke I think.....

If im wrong on the recommendation for the update to 10.5.6 please someone correct me as I dont want to give instruction that could broke someone installation :rolleyes:

For audio on Asus F3JC:

1-Remove applehda, alcinject, hdaenabler and appleazalia from /System/Library/Extensions 2-Download VoodooHDA kext and install it with kexthelper as jjduro suggested. jjduro says it works on his Asus F3JC, which have ALC861, mine is same model but with ALC660VD, so I'm absolutely sure it also wil work on your Asus F3JC

He can keep HDAEnabler to show AUdio info in system profiler. But has to remove the others.

For the video on Asus F3JC (graphic card Geforce Go 7300):

Install the natit kext that saintckm attached on Post #609. This kext still will work when you update to 10.5.6. But before you do that update I really recommend you to install DSDT or your system could be broke I think.....

It seems there is no need for DSDT patching on C2D systems, for the moment at least. I'm already running 10.5.7, without DSDT. But I also recommend you patch the system. Better safe than sorry.

If im wrong on the recommendation for the update to 10.5.6 please someone correct me as I dont want to give instruction that could broke someone installation :rolleyes:

He'll be alright:D

It's really good that jjduro uses an Asus F3JC laptop :)

Mate, could you please send me all the kext you are using right now in the EFI partition? (I was trying some tests yesterday with my EFI partition and now my system doesn't boot). If you can send me it as boot-132 .iso image I would be mooooore than glad!

It's really good that jjduro uses an Asus F3JC laptop :(

Mate, could you please send me all the kext you are using right now in the EFI partition? (I was trying some tests yesterday with my EFI partition and now my system doesn't boot). If you can send me it as boot-132 .iso image I would be mooooore than glad!

Are you using munky's method to make an EFI boot partition?

You just need Disabler.kext; openhaltrestart.kext and Appledecrypt ou dsmos on your 132boot CD. the rest are add ons for video, sd card, sleep and so on.

I'm sending you my update kexts.

PS, I', using Chameleon 2 + Munky's EFI boot partition, with a Bootcamp Skin (tweaked by me :) )

Chameleon_2.zip

Many thanks to all of you

I've tried to upgrade to 10.5.3 and I've got kernel panic.

Now, I just got an 10.5.6 Retail. What I have to do ? Install again 10.5.2 or directly 10.5.6 ?

Which method I vave to use ?

Thanks jjduro.Yes, I'm using munky method on EFI partition and after that I installed chameleon 2 exactly as you explain in the howto you just attached... and it was working perfect (but no sleep and restart and shutdown sometimes, I was using different kexts than the ones you are using)

The thing is that to see if I was able to make my system boot faster I deleted some kexts... And I deleted all the smbios related kexts from the EFI partition and /S/L/E and now I need a new .iso boot-132 cd to boot (dont know how to boot with the lifeboat 13 cd on the puredarwin screen....)

Do you have sleep, restart and shutdown??? If yes you only need the integrated webcam to have a MacasusBook Pro, hahaa

Voodoopower let you do manual throttle?

Thanks jjduro.Yes, I'm using munky method on EFI partition and after that I installed chameleon 2 exactly as you explain in the howto you just attached... and it was working perfect (but no sleep and restart and shutdown sometimes, I was using different kexts than the ones you are using)

The thing is that to see if I was able to make my system boot faster I deleted some kexts... And I deleted all the smbios related kexts from the EFI partition and /S/L/E and now I need a new .iso boot-132 cd to boot (dont know how to boot with the lifeboat 13 cd on the puredarwin screen....)

Use the kexts I sent.

and use smbios.plist instead of SMbios.kext/Fix or Resolver. you have to edit it, because I've hard coded it with my specs.

Don't forget to update the extensions.mkext before copying it to the EXtra Folder.

Use this CD132

Do you have sleep, restart and shutdown??? If yes you only need the integrated webcam to have a MacasusBook Pro, hahaa

Voodoopower let you do manual throttle?

Yes I can throttle.

And yes, besides a card reader that reads more formats than SD cards I only have to setup the webcam to have a operational Macbook :)

hello

please, the owners of the Asus F3JC, can you tell me what Bios you use for your laptop. I have to know this before I start instalation of 10.5.6 Retail. If I'm good understanding, the Munky's method work well !

Thank you

hello

please, the owners of the Asus F3JC, can you tell me what Bios you use for your laptop. I have to know this before I start instalation of 10.5.6 Retail. If I'm good understanding, the Munky's method work well !

Thank you

Mine it's the original V 306. Never had to change anything.

PS

I've upgraded to V307. OSX still working!

Now I'm having a problem with Vista64x and vmware. It seems I can't run it under OSX, because I can't enable VT on the F3JC Bios.

Any of you guys with F3JC updated to a modded Bios - by Kabyl or other - with VT enabled?

Merci jjduro,

mine is the old V 205 never changed and should like to know if is possible to modifie it and how. The problem is, I do not have any more windows install on it. Do you think is possible to upgrade the bios to V 306 or v 307 running under Kalyway's 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 ?

Merci jjduro,

mine is the old V 205 never changed and should like to know if is possible to modifie it and how. The problem is, I do not have any more windows install on it. Do you think is possible to upgrade the bios to V 306 or v 307 running under Kalyway's 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 ?

I believe there's a workaround on the Asus site to upgrade the bios with a pen, on boot.