The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

That's how linux (where the codec dump i created is taken from) sees it - as an ALC600 despite it being an ALC8xx and it is supposed to work...

I'll give the 861 a go though, what process did you go through to install it?

That specific one comes with an installer. just double click it. and that's it.

I'm posting some of the drivers I use on F3Jc.

Audio works with Taruga's ALC861

LAN works with R1000 driver

Video with NvInject Go for 10.5.3 and external monitor support

Asus_F3Jc_drivers.rar

finally I got it working:)

I chose Old apple Acpi 10.0.3 kext on install and it works now.

In system preferences it says that I have 2 cores, but processor speed is 1ghz, but should be 1.66

How to fasten it?

How to install these drivers, which don't have installer?

Is it possible to try installing vanilla kernel now? how to do it?

That specific one comes with an installer. just double click it. and that's it.

I'm posting some of the drivers I use on F3Jc.

Audio works with Taruga's ALC861

LAN works with R1000 driver

Video with NvInject Go for 10.5.3 and external monitor support

bingo - they worked perfectly! thanks so much for upping them :)

saint:

download kext helper b7 from here then install, run and drag the kexts into the window and enter you password, hit 'EASY INSTALL' and reboot when it prompts you to ;)

In system preferences it says that I have 2 cores, but processor speed is 1ghz, but should be 1.66

How to fasten it?

congrats!

for the CPU, are you starting with the computer plugged in to AC adapter, or just on battery? if it's just battery, it could be the speedstep kicking in when you start on battery only mode.

if that's not the problem, it could be the fault of AppleSMBIOS.kext try different versions and see if that fixes anything

@f3sv-something:

if you're still reading, did you get your laptop working?

I installed these drivers from jjduro and I still don't have sound, neither I can change resolution from standard 1024x768 to native 1280x800. I tried to change it at boot with "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" but no change.

I see now that there is possibility to download NVinstaller, which version it depends on kernel version.

Should I try first to upgrade kernel to newer version before I install drivers?

Yes but it doesn't work

All the time I had no audio device, until I installed succesfully HDAenabler, and now I have audio ID, but no available audio card.

How to change kernel to vanilla?

Yes but it doesn't work

All the time I had no audio device, until I installed succesfully HDAenabler, and now I have audio ID, but no available audio card.

How to change kernel to vanilla?

did you erase ALCinject.kext after installing the ALC861 driver and installing HDAEnabler? and how did you install the ALC861 sound driver? Did you dragged and dropped it onto kexthelper? You just need to double click it... Don't forget to set a real password to the system. Not a blank one.

And if your graphics card is a Geforce, like mine is, it has to work with nvinject. Just drag and drop the kext onto kexthelper. Same thing with the LAN kext.

Now, for vanilla kernel, if you are running kalyway's DVD - it should be 10.5.2 - search the bay of pirates for a torrent with the 10.5.3 update, and also search for the kernel pkg. On that pkg you'll find 2 kernels: vanilla and a patched one. after installing the kernel you want, you can connect to Apple, via software update and install the 10.5.4 update, with vanilla kernel. But my advice is: first of all you should solve your sound and monitor resolution problem. and then... the kernel.

has anyone figured out how to get sidescrolling (or two fingered scrolling) on the f3 synaptics touchpads yet?

sure it's a little bit of editing, to make it easy on you i'll post the modified kext, just use kexthelper to install

(tapping works and edge scrolling)

by the way i use it on asus f3sv and s96s both are working with this file

greetz

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Hi to all,

I'm a new hackintosh user, but I can not, unfortunately, to run my wireless card Intel Wireless 4965 A / G / N. I have also tried to install the drivers for my ethernet (Attansic L1 Gigabyte Ethernet).

Mine is a notebook ASUS F3Sv, I installed the kalyway 10.5.2. Everything else (bluetooth, audio) works correctly (except the webcam, not signs of life).

Let me give you compliments for this great forum, always lively and full of novelty :D

Waiting for your answers, I wish you a good day

Sincerely

lollone90:

welcome to insanelymac!

the Intel 4965 AGN card drivers are still under development (don't work yet), but if you follow the link in my signature it should get you the working drivers for ethernet.

for webcam, have you tried mac cam? if that doesn't work, then maybe your webcam isn't supported (like mine) =/

Hello antaholics,

thanks for your reply and for clarification. I tried Macam for the webcam, but unfortunately it did not work. Now I downloaded the drivers for ethernet, but because of my ignorance I do not know how to install them (sorry for my english, I'm French).

Can you help me?

Thanks again :)

I tried with the command to start leopard with the command-f-v, but are not riscito to navigate ... But I noticed that my router (NETGEAR v2) has lit the lucina that the connection between this and hackintosh.

I went to see the menu network, but unfortunately I did not understand anything:)

Did I send a screenshot?

did you erase ALCinject.kext after installing the ALC861 driver and installing HDAEnabler? and how did you install the ALC861 sound driver? Did you dragged and dropped it onto kexthelper? You just need to double click it... Don't forget to set a real password to the system. Not a blank one.

And if your graphics card is a Geforce, like mine is, it has to work with nvinject. Just drag and drop the kext onto kexthelper. Same thing with the LAN kext.

Now, for vanilla kernel, if you are running kalyway's DVD - it should be 10.5.2 - search the bay of pirates for a torrent with the 10.5.3 update, and also search for the kernel pkg. On that pkg you'll find 2 kernels: vanilla and a patched one. after installing the kernel you want, you can connect to Apple, via software update and install the 10.5.4 update, with vanilla kernel. But my advice is: first of all you should solve your sound and monitor resolution problem. and then... the kernel.

I did not erase anything (should I?), and I just double clicked installer you posted before before and after installing HDAenabler, but it didn't work. I also tried to install driver posted by antaholics in first post of this thread, but it doesn't work as well.

NVidia drivers you posted didn't work as well. I tried to install it with terminal and kext helper, but didn't work, so I downloaded NVinstaller v41 and it works now.

So now I have video solved, but don't have audio.

I installed Leo4Allv3 so I suppose I can't install Kalyway update? Is there any other possibility to update to 10.5.4, different than installing system from beginning?

System hangs after sleep, so it has to be done somehow

I did not erase anything (should I?), and I just double clicked installer you posted before before and after installing HDAenabler, but it didn't work. I also tried to install driver posted by antaholics in first post of this thread, but it doesn't work as well.

NVidia drivers you posted didn't work as well. I tried to install it with terminal and kext helper, but didn't work, so I downloaded NVinstaller v41 and it works now.

I installed Leo4Allv3 so I suppose I can't install Kalyway update? Is there any other possibility to update to 10.5.4, different than installing system from beginning?

You have to erase ALCinject because it does the same thing as HDAEnabler, but enabler is best. It even enables Audio info. Now, about that audio, could you please check what is your audio codec? It should be ALC861. and if it is, there is no rease it doesn't work with the driver I posted.

But first you must find out what it is. Do a linux codec dump, or search the net for that info and post it here.

And yes. You can install KAlyway's update on Leo4All. JUst do a Extension and kernel backup, before you do that.

About the sleep issue, that is normal, it just means you are not using a vanilla system. try to use the clamshell kext I posted. Note that if you have sound, it will stop working after sleep.

This is codec dump file.

I tried several times, but it doesn't work with your driver.

I'm downloading Kalyway combo update, but there is also JaS patch 10.5.3 for Leo4All v3

Which one is better?

Is it possible to run program like notebook hardware control in windows? I would like to slower sometimes laptop so it works silent, rather than listening fans all the time.

How to do a kernel and extension backup?

codec_dump.txt

the exact process that i had to go through to get sound properly (i've had to do it twice, just running the alc installer on it own wont work):

1: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18334

download that and copy files to /System/Library/Extensions/

2: open up terminal and type in these commands:

sudo -s	  (then enter your root password)
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*
rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

then reboot

3: run that alc installer, reboot

This is codec dump file.

I tried several times, but it doesn't work with your driver.

I'm downloading Kalyway combo update, but there is also JaS patch 10.5.3 for Leo4All v3

Which one is better?

Is it possible to run program like notebook hardware control in windows? I would like to slower sometimes laptop so it works silent, rather than listening fans all the time.

How to do a kernel and extension backup?

You are not supposed to use a dump with that driver. just double click it. It is not a patcher, and it has already all the info it needs. Don't forget to erase ALCinject if you plan to use the HDAEnabler.kext.

Where did you get this dump? You made it from your F3JC? It is somewhat different from mine, but the driver should have given you sound.

JaS patch is an update that requires you to patch your Leo4All installation ISO and burn a new copy. Kalyway's update can be run from an existing system. just double click on it.

"Is it possible to run program like notebook hardware control in windows?"

Use a Speedstep kernel. But you can't have a vanilla system if you do, because for speedstep to run, you have to use a speedstep patched kernel.

"How to do a kernel and extension backup?"

Just copy the Extensions folder to a new folder. Do the same to your kernel.

the exact process that i had to go through to get sound properly (i've had to do it twice, just running the alc installer on it own wont work):

1: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18334

download that and copy files to /System/Library/Extensions/

2: open up terminal and type in these commands:

sudo -s	  (then enter your root password)
 chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
 chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
 chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
 chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
 rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*
 rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

then reboot

3: run that alc installer, reboot

You realise that you've installed some kext that did not give you any sound and that were completly erased and replaced by the driver I sent you? :P

The thing you did different was to erase the cache files that might be the causers of you muteness.

"rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches"

but, hey, if it worked and you have sound... it sounds great! :)

Yes it's dump file of my f3jc, made under old ubuntu started from cd.

It says Realtek ID=660

Does it mean I have different sound card than yours? I read that the same driver should work, but it doesnt;]

but, hey, if it worked and you have sound... it sounds great! :D

haha yep i realise that -- the second time i tried taking the shortcut and JUST installing your drivers, but didn't work

doing the whole process from scratch did!

saint: - throw away the dump you made and just use the process I outlined [my dump showed 660 too, but the 861 should work fine :)]