The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Leopard!

antaholics

703 posts in this topic

First of all I will update to 10.5.4 and after that I will try to fix sound.

Where is kernel folder to back it up?

/update

I tried to update to vanilla 9.3.0 but it stops with saying that my model is f3jc (before it was saying that it is iMac 7.1). Unfortunately it doesn't want to start so now I have to restore kernel, but don't know how. I backed it up with tool (I don't remember the name) and I have mach_kernel.backup

Now I work on windows with macdrive so I have access to all the files in system, but don't know where to copy that backup.

Any hints?:angel:

First of all I will update to 10.5.4 and after that I will try to fix sound.

Where is kernel folder to back it up?

/update

I tried to update to vanilla 9.3.0 but it stops with saying that my model is f3jc (before it was saying that it is iMac 7.1). Unfortunately it doesn't want to start so now I have to restore kernel, but don't know how. I backed it up with tool (I don't remember the name) and I have mach_kernel.backup

Now I work on windows with macdrive so I have access to all the files in system, but don't know where to copy that backup.

Any hints? :censored2:

you have to make a backup folder and put everything I told you there.

Now, if you have a mach_kernel.backup file, just change it's name to mach_kernel with Macdrive, and it should boot you system. You can also boot it directly, pressing F8 on boot, and on command line type mach_kernel.backup. and then change the name of the kernel file.

"backup" folder on mac installation drive with mach_kernel file in it and extensions folder? Or mach_kernel in root?

After that just boot up?

Sorry for all that questions but I'm newbie with unix based systems:)

/update

I tried, but I have no clue how to restore it

All the time the same error

Supposedly I will have to install Leo from beginning.

mach_kernel goes in root. just type mach_kernel.backup when booting up (using F8), and it should work.

@lollone90:

any luck with ethernet drivers? try playing around with system settings in the internet part, add/delete connections, etc.

I tried, but nothing happens when I do that. I just have to start typing from beginning.

Where should that mach_kernel.backup be? root, or backup folder on mac partition?

For my ethernet, works realtek 8187 driver

mach_kernel goes in root. just type mach_kernel.backup when booting up (using F8), and it should work.

@lollone90:

any luck with ethernet drivers? try playing around with system settings in the internet part, add/delete connections, etc.

OS X will boot using mach_kernel in root, unless you specify another file, by typing "mach_kernel.backup" (without quotes) when booting up.

Unfortunately it wasn't working. I installed osx once again trying to choose different options and now it is working even with vanilla kernel!

Option which has to be chosen is Old acpi platform 10.0.3

If it's not chosen, there will be the same problem.

Is there possibility now to update to 10.5.4 keeping that old acpi platform?

I suppose kalyway installation has changed it to new, so it wasn't working.

PS. At the start of registration process I had music in background, but after system start in system preferences there is no built in audio device, but there is sound as I picked AzaliaAudio before installation. line out doesn't work.

Hi Antaholics!

Unfortunately I can not see its ethernet when I try to add a new connection. Maybe I misunderstood installed kext (I installed the kext AttansicL1Ethernet.kext which is in AttansicL1Ethernet \ build \ Debug \ AttansicL1Ethernet.kext \ Contents \ MacOS).

However I was thinking of buying a wireless USB 2.0 connector. I noticed from your signature that the chipset Zydas 1211B work, and then I was thinking about EDIMAX EW-7318USg WiFi 802.11g USB 54M. The know?

If I may ask, which connector you using?

@saintckm:

I have no idea about 10.5.4... my system is still at 10.5.2 :)

AppleAzalia allows speaker out ONLY... for line out you need ALC drivers.

@lollone90:

try this:

delete all ethernet connections in the system preferences, delete AttansicL1Ethernet.kext, and reboot with -f -v flags (using F8 at startup). Then install the kext file again (non-debug version), and reboot using -f -v flags. HOPEFULLY that will work for you.

I don't know anything about the Edimax EW watever... but you need something with the Zydas 1211B chipset (or the realtek or w/e... I heard it's not as good). Look around on ebay for "Zydas", should be easy to find (costed me ~$15 w/ shipping)

I dont know much about my wireless USB dongle beyond the fact that it's a Zydas chipset dongle (thats wat it was identified as on ebay... and it worked =P)

good luck

@antaholics

I read that 10.5.3 is a lot faster, that's why I want it:)

Now i'm downloading JaS patch for Leo4All. maybe it will work

@lollone90

I don't know what laptop you have but with my f3jc I just chose realtek 8187 before installation and it works perfectly and configures automaticly. At start of system, internet is working.

@antaholics

I read that 10.5.3 is a lot faster, that's why I want it:)

Now i'm downloading JaS patch for Leo4All. maybe it will work

You will have to patch an ISO with the PPF you are downloading, and then reinstall the whole system all over again. If you just use Kalyway's updater, you won't need to reinstall it.

and it seems your F3JC is very different from mine

jjduro, I was already reinstalling system several times and after Kalyway combo update it seems I will have to do it again.

All the time I'm having the same problem. It stops at darwin kernel 9.3.0 as it was happening before kalyway 10.5.2 install, so I had to install Leo4All

I don't know if there is possibility to install that update on my comp.

I know it's all about ACPI SMC Platform plugin, but how to solve that, I don't know.

I read on Leo4All forum, that this patch doesn't work and it breaks iso. I downloaded it, but don't know if it will work or not.

Bios in mine f3jc is v205

/update

I upgraded bios to v304 as One_tjc did and it works! :D

I installed iAtkos v4 with stock kernel 9.4 and everything was working perfectly, but I wanted polish language pack in osx but there is only english.

Kalyway install now starts as well, but there is no polish as well. It was only in Leo4All.

Could you tell me is it possible to install language pack and where to get it?

@jjduro, do you have Kalyway release? If yes, how did you install portugese?

Is Kalyway release better than Leo4Allv3?

Guest undefined

Why'd you need polish, saintckm? The translation is horrible, IMHO! And it's a little confusing since half of system folders are translated, and the other half remains english.

Kalyway 10.5.3 release comes with selection of languages, with polish and portugese onboard. And it's better overall, I find Leo4All somehow noobish.

You can't get additional languages for 10.5 as it was possible in 10.4, AFAIK

/update

I upgraded bios to v304 as One_tjc did and it works! :)

Awesome stuff! I've since upgraded my bios to the latest on the asus site and it works perfectly now that I have everything installed, remains to be seen if I'll be able to use the combo update though.

Unfortunately, I rejected, I also installed manually kext which is in release, but I was not able to surf the Internet despite had attacked ethernet to hackintosh. :)

So I'm opting for a wireless adapter chipset Zydas. There are configurations to be performed to run these types of adapters (as drivers & co .)???

Hey guys!

First of all big thx for the install guide, it's pretty good i think.

But i've got some problems.

My laptop is Asus f3sv T7500 Core2Duo 2.2, I'm trying to install Mac OS X for a week already, i've tried lot of stuff

Now i've got modified bios, installed Kalyway 10.5.1, but my audio sucks. I've tried, i think, everything about audio written here but no result.

Mac OS see my audio card, my output is internal speakers, but there's no sound at all.

Please, reply if u have any ideas!

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I rejected, I also installed manually kext which is in release, but I was not able to surf the Internet despite had attacked ethernet to hackintosh. ;)

So I'm opting for a wireless adapter chipset Zydas. There are configurations to be performed to run these types of adapters (as drivers & co .)???

I'm not entirely sure how to set up the ethernet thing... I just played around with settings a lot. Try asking on the ethernet drivers thread.

There's a zydas driver (look for it on the zydas website) available for their chipset. Good luck!

/update

I upgraded bios to v304 as One_tjc did and it works! :D

I installed iAtkos v4 with stock kernel 9.4 and everything was working perfectly, but I wanted polish language pack in osx but there is only english.

Kalyway install now starts as well, but there is no polish as well. It was only in Leo4All.

Could you tell me is it possible to install language pack and where to get it?

@jjduro, do you have Kalyway release? If yes, how did you install portugese?

Is Kalyway release better than Leo4Allv3?

I got a portuguese pkg from the old TOH 10.5. if leo4all has that polish package you can install it using Pacifist

I've never tried to install Leo4All. I'm using iAKTOS V2 and Apple's update to 10.5.4 (I've installed Kalyway's 10.5.3 update before the Apple one)