Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Did you install the EHCISleepEnabler.kext? That usually means EHCI USB is waking the system up. That kext is in Sonotone's installer.

I'm running 10.5.5 right now and it works just fine (except for, as usual for me, sleep since my system only wakes up about 1 in 20 times. I can't figure out what is special about those scenarios). I experienced no problems during the upgrade.

Lastly, that HDA shutdown fix does not work for me on either battery or plugged in.

I also have sleep problems now; i'll try to restore some graphics kext to see what's happening.

The HDA shutdown fix will not work for 1530/1330, the shutdown issue on these laptops is not connected to sound kexts.

raskitoma:

Stange issue... we have almost same configuration.

Anyway, thanks for your offer.

I also have problems with 10.5.5, I lost QE/CI, don't know how, I installed Graphics Update 1 several times.

But some curious things, I could sleep, and change resolutions (normally those things cant be acchieved without QE at least).

I am thinking of reinstalling 10.5.4 ...

HI Jas, All

Same problem with me

I have Laptop DELL 1505, C2D 2Ghz, ATI X1400

It was installed successfully :) but on first stratup it says no keyboard. :) And as i pluged my desktop keyboard :) it says click on ok button :) but where as mouse was also not working.

So i pluged external mouse. sleep.gif

It continues but before the desktop appears it is blackout. :)

I had selected ATI X1400 mobility.

Any body know the problems, please help.

used delta update with instructions on how to remove cpumanagement upon install. worked fine. put my c2d fixed kernel back in place before reboot and got everything working except battery meter. when I use the older battery meter fix with stock powermanagement kext and fixed acpibattery kext I get a black screen. sure has to do with new video drivers as sonotone mentions. had no way of taking it out of sleep (which it apparently went into) with older tricks. deleted acpibattery kext and now back to 10.5.5 without battery meter. hope to see a fix for this or a way to get this to work.

my sleep never worked before and is still not working, so the only difference after the update for me is the battery meter missing.

I am sure many true macbooks have similar problems after the update.

edit 1: interesting. found out that I actually didn't have any powermanagement bundle installed (I sure didn't delete it). used the one from 10.5.4 and Chun-Nan's AppleACPIBatteryManager. Works fine now.

the other odd thing that happens is that sleep seems to work halfway. when I send my notebook to sleep via apple menu, it goes into deep sleep as usual. when I wake it up with power button, it now shows the desktop and then tells me that I need to restart (before it would go into a black screen). Almost...

need to test it with pm bundle from 10.5.5 next to see if the detailed features of that batterymanager work.

edit 2: just extracted the pm bundle from 10.5.5 and found that it works perfectly fine with Chun-Nan's batterymanager. cheers

Which of these patches should we be using? 1.2 seems like it's been updated much more recently, so that's what I tend to, but then why is the beta from July still there? Which has the more recent files?

I actually use very few of these patches now, I just have a few kexts I have been using OSX86Tool to apply manually.

A lot of people here post about how sleep is or isn't working -- But how do we verify for sure that it is working? When I tell the machine to sleep, the M1530 does go dark and all lights go out. Pressing the power button then restores the screen and system in around 5 seconds. Going into sleep mode takes around 10-15 seconds. When I close the lid it seems different though. It wakes up almost right away. I imagine my sleep command is working buy my clamshell kext isn't. Using the latest superhai on both.

Sonotone, your two-finger M1530 mouse scroll doesn't seem to work anymore for me. After a sleep my tap to click on the trackpad works, but not BEFORE a sleep, anyone have any idea why that might be the case?

Sound works both before and after sleep, but I am using AppleHDA Taruga 1.16 and a config file from long ago for that.

Using 10.5.5 tho, and with the Leopard Graphics update applied thru Pacifist, QE and CI are back - No idea about OpenGL as the last 2 times I applied it thru OSX86Tool I got kernel panic, is there anyway to turn on OpenGL acceleration that I can roll back from if it crashes?

Sorry, lots of questions, and some info, hopefully some of you can answer some, maybe some of the stuff I am using can help others with M1530/M1330 too.

D.

Fresh install on a Dell Vostro 1510 with Kalyway 10.5.2 (w/ Graphic Update 1.0) had the following results:

Video (GMA X3100): 99% supported, Mirror not working (has a natit.kext error on boot)

Audio (ALC268) : Not working at all

Wireless (Dell 1395) : Not recognized/working at all

Battery Monitor : working fine

So now its safe to update to 10.5.5? I'm just confused now :)

Still using 10.5.4

running OK here. no difference from 10.5.4 at this point. Just needed to follow the instructions on removing the cpumanagement kext upon installation and putting fixed c2d 10.5.4 kernel back in place.

may as well wait for a kalyway 10.5.5 delta updater or similar. I had some time to kill :)

Hello Sonotone,

I used the Post Installer v1.2 to install...

SPEEDSTEP ENABLER-Because my i9300 laptop and processor is getting older now I'm wondering if this is working (supported). How do I tell if this is doing anything??? Is there an application or something that will tell me that it's working???? Don't want my old Dothan Pentium M 2Ghz to run hot.

I was wondering if the Media Keys Enabler would work on my i9300. I can mute, turn volume up down without the installer. Should I be able to forward back play pause stop iTunes? Because I can't and was wondering if the Media Keys installer would help with this?

BATTERY METER- WORKING GREAT

TRACKPAD SCROLLING-enabled trackpad tapping which didn't work before but scrolling is erratic. ALPS TRACKPAD

I'm running Leo4All v3 10.5.2 on my i9300. Dual boot XP.

THANK YOU SONOTONE FOR DOING THIS. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

DAN

Hello Sonotone,

I used the Post Installer v1.2 to install...

SPEEDSTEP ENABLER-Because my i9300 laptop and processor is getting older now I'm wondering if this is working (supported). How do I tell if this is doing anything??? Is there an application or something that will tell me that it's working???? Don't want my old Dothan Pentium M 2Ghz to run hot.

I was wondering if the Media Keys Enabler would work on my i9300. I can mute, turn volume up down without the installer. Should I be able to forward back play pause stop iTunes? Because I can't and was wondering if the Media Keys installer would help with this?

BATTERY METER- WORKING GREAT

TRACKPAD SCROLLING-enabled trackpad tapping which didn't work before but scrolling is erratic. ALPS TRACKPAD

I'm running Leo4All v3 10.5.2 on my i9300. Dual boot XP.

THANK YOU SONOTONE FOR DOING THIS. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

DAN

running OK here. no difference from 10.5.4 at this point. Just needed to follow the instructions on removing the cpumanagement kext upon installation and putting fixed c2d 10.5.4 kernel back in place.

may as well wait for a kalyway 10.5.5 delta updater or similar. I had some time to kill -_-

OK...thanks....gets that's 2 votes for me to wait.

Hopefully a kalyway updater will be available as well as a new c2d kernel.

Hack------------------>Kalyway 10.5.2

Kernel---------------->Vanilla 9.2.2

Processor------------>T7700 2,4GHz--->OK (only 1 core, how to enable the second one?)

Realtek rtl8168C(P)/811C(P) PCI-E Gigabit ethernet NIC -- Don´t detected cable connect... After Dell package and dell laptop post installer It hangs my boot... Had to disable LAN on bios to boot up

Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller (ok taruga´s driver install 1)

O2Micro - Driver (OZH24 SD/MMC Host Controller) not working

NB8M-GS (geforce 8600) ok nvinject go

Chipset da Placa Mãe0G914C Intel Crestline-PM PM965

Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - USB Universal Host Controller OK

O2Micro OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller Not working "firewire is unable to detect security level, setting to full secure"

2 fingers working, just need to configure sensivity and speed...

How Can I remove the kext that is holding my boot with lan enabled? I´ll upload a photo of where my hack hangs...

my bluetooth stop working... the icons appear, but display on mouse hover, Bluetooth not avaliable

I managed to backup my hack with time machine... How can I use it to restore my entire system?

guess I figured out why my bluetooth goes down... All the USB just don´t work anymore... :)

sleep i´s now working... just used sleep vostro patch....

but it´s messed up with 2fingers and alps tapping... rsrsrs These things are getting me :censored2: rsrsrsrs

Works one... lost other.... works other... lost one... WHY? OOOH good.... rsrsrsrs

post-292242-1222622511_thumb.jpg

post-292242-1222622620_thumb.jpg

Vostro_Sleep.rar

After the display sleeps (goes to black screen) on my e1505 with nvidia 7300 go, it doesn't come back. When I push a key on the keyboard, or move the mouse, and I see that the screen backlight comes on, but the screen is still blank.

A workaround is to turn off display sleep in the energy savings panel. Another workaround is to close the laptop (so a full sleep occurs) and open the laptop display again.

Seems like the waking up from display sleep should work, since all other sleep related features are working with the dell post installer. Did I miss something? I didn't see any one else having this problem with the dell post installer.

Help?

Works like a charm, Excellent Job!

Audio - check

trackpad settings and scroll - check

Video - how do I change resolution? I am new to mac from windows a few days ago. I don't see an option under displays..

sleep - my system freezes when it sleeps. I don't know where to start on this..

XPS m1330

2200 core2duo

3gb

160gb freefall sensor hdd - does it still work without windows? I don't plan on checking..

sound - check

NVidia graphics - almost there

biometric fingerprint - roger

Dave

OK...thanks....gets that's 2 votes for me to wait.

Hopefully a kalyway updater will be available as well as a new c2d kernel.

that's a good idea. I found out today that I cannot most of my USB thumbdrives. oddly enough, usb mice work fine. I replaced the new c2d 9.5 with the previous c2d 9.4 kernel and it's fine now.

Hi I´m just a newbie. I´ve installed Ideneb v1 10.5.4 on my Dell XPS M1530 an I don´t know how I install the missing Hardware. Linke WLAN, onboard NIC, grafic Cards Sound...

Can anybody give me an Install Tutorial which Driver i´ll need?

Many thank, to this good Project!

Regards,

eXpression.