[Release] Leo4VMware by ~pcwiz

504 posts in this topic

If you can't use USB how are you going to load the code to your iphone?

I would like to use the Virtual iPhone that comes with the SDK. That's why I'm not sure if it'll be fast enough. Well, I'm going to work, but will give it a shot later:)

Thanks for the answer ~pcwiz!

PS: I already gave 3gb to the vm.(8gb on my system)

Me again!

I added the ethernet adapter to the vm and now it doesn't boot. It stucks at the apple loading screen. How can I goot this VM in verbose mode and see what is happening?

Thanks!

Don't put your hopes on VMWare 6.5beta, performance sucks because it is in debug mode which can't be disabled :wallbash:

It did run my snapshot tho, but very very slow. Starting the VM did not work, VMWare reports a stack fault or so.

I'm back at 6.0.3 and struggling with the ethernet. It worked once, but not anymore. It still acquires a IP from DHCP (both in bridged and in NAT mode) but I can't use it anymore. It says disconnected and the MAC is 00:00:00:00:00:00, but that also happened the first time when it worked. I also tried the Maxxuss AMDPCNET Driver which works in my Tiger VM, it installs fine, but is not recognized in system configuration. Pretty weird.

lpperas,

When the vmware splash screen comes up quickly click inside the screen and tap F8. You then get to a boot prompt. Type in -v and hit Enter to go into verbose.

jockyw2001,

Did you try both methods on the front post?

Oh yeah and to everyone, I'm gonna try this on Parallels Workstation for Windows soon. It advertises near native speeds so maybe it will be faster :wallbash:

I'm gonna try it soon on Vista Utimate x64, Vista Ultimate is listed as supported so I think Parallels will work. Whether Leo will actually work on Parallels or whether it will be faster I don't know yet. I'll be attempting it in 2 or 3 hours.

Ethernet in "Bridged" mode didn't work.

Ethernet in "NAT" mode does work.

Currently updating Safari and Security Update 2008-002.

Using latest VM Workstation build "VMware-workstation-e.x.p-84113.exe" (428 MB file).

Running Disk Utility's "Repair Permissions" found several errors.

Edit:

Safari Update completes OK.

Security Update 2008-002 hesitates and doesn't complete.

After reboot, Network had lost connection. Required "re-finding" the ethernet again, under Network Preferences.

Edit 2:

Security Update 2008-002 completed on 2nd attempt.

Lengthy (~15 minutes) delay installing, however.

Once again: After re-boot, ethernet had lost connection. Required "re-finding" the ethernet again, under Network Preferences.

The Ethernet might be because you are using VMware 6.5 Beta, the speed is slow in 6.5 Beta as well. Disk Utility's Repair Permissions always finds stuff to correct no matter how many times you run it, in my experience. I repaired permissions before releasing it ;)

Also, I seeded the torrent enough so that all of it was available, it is now sitting at a healthy 82 seeds.

Since a few days I have ~pcwiz image runing in vmware workstation 6. Thats is quite a milestone.

Compared to my native implementation the virtual OSX version the startup time is much and much slower, 27s versus 2m20s (following ~pcwiz speedup instructions).

Comparing the startup time of native windowsXP and an XP vmware installation differs only a few seconds.

Can somebody explain what the reason is of the big difference in startup time of native OSX10.5 and the in vmware. What part(s) of OSX are causing this??

Hx

OS X is not meant to be virtualized in VMware, it is not designed to. There are apparently a number of technical bugs that slow it down by A LOT. But seeing as Leopard on VMware Fusion is going legal, and assuming those changes will come to the latest version of VMware for Windows, it should be faster.

And we will probably see a VMware graphics driver for OS X as well, for QE/CI :) Just hold on there...

Yo ~pcwiz, does it matter if the version is AMD or INTEL compatible in vmware? It's not native so would that make a difference? I have an AMD Turion x2 but I can't get my tiger vmware install to boot so I can't patch it for AMD. Any way to patch it to AMD without using a previous install?

Well I had one installed but got a kernal panic after messing with some video drivers and replacing the kernal. So I just gave up on it and decided to re-install but for some reason it won't work after the install using the same settings as before. I'm using JaS's 10.4.8. I installed the patching for AMD processors and that is it. I'm not sure what changed. I even reinstalled vmware.

Thanks for this ~pcwiz , and also thanks for your tutorial on Tiger. Thanks to you I have Tiger running on vmware however I need Leapord to suit my needs.

I wanted to know does it work on a 32-bit OS

I am running 32 bit XP on 64 bit machine. However, I do have a 64 bit Ubuntu installed. Would it boot on that ? I tried booting my Tiger on ubuntu and that was a disaster, so I would prefer to run it on XP itself.

Suggestions ?