[Release] Leo4VMware by ~pcwiz

504 posts in this topic

Thernet still doesnt work....

Ok - here is what I have done in case you don't want to try and read all my posts - lol.

Machine: Dell D620 Laptop with Dual Core CPU Intel. 2GB ram.

I am running the VM Image that PCWiz built and OSX started up fine. It will boot normally or if I F8 and do the different kernel boot - I have tried the ethernet both ways.

I added my ethernet adapter to boot on start and made sure it was bridged - I followed both methods PCWiz gives step by step.

I have tried both LAN connection and Wireless Connection.

I have tried adding the bridged adapter to the DHCP list in VMware

I have tried NAT using both methods PCWiz gave.

I have tried removing the ethernet adapters and locations and redoing it like NSCX2005 did.

I have tried to manually set my IPs - but not knowing what they should be I have no idea what should work or not.

Nothing has worked so far. I either get a No connection message or if I open a browser I sometimes get a This IP address is in use by XXX (some hardware ID)

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do - or a utility that might help me diagnose the problem? It seems like it should be simple to make it connect...just don't know what is going on. My PC connects to the internet fine.

Hunter

Good job! I installed it without any problem. It's slow on my dual core anyway for anything but just testing. I had hopes to really use it for web development like i use linux in vmare at almost full speed, but anyway..

Thernet still doesnt work....

Ok - here is what I have done in case you don't want to try and read all my posts - lol.

Machine: Dell D620 Laptop with Dual Core CPU Intel. 2GB ram.

I am running the VM Image that PCWiz built and OSX started up fine. It will boot normally or if I F8 and do the different kernel boot - I have tried the ethernet both ways.

I added my ethernet adapter to boot on start and made sure it was bridged - I followed both methods PCWiz gives step by step.

I have tried both LAN connection and Wireless Connection.

I have tried adding the bridged adapter to the DHCP list in VMware

I have tried NAT using both methods PCWiz gave.

I have tried removing the ethernet adapters and locations and redoing it like NSCX2005 did.

I have tried to manually set my IPs - but not knowing what they should be I have no idea what should work or not.

Nothing has worked so far. I either get a No connection message or if I open a browser I sometimes get a This IP address is in use by XXX (some hardware ID)

Hunter,

I'm having the same issues that you are. I noticed that the hardware ID message refers to the hardware ID of my virtual Hamachi (Logmein dot com) Ethernet adaptor. In the manage vmware network settings app, there's a spot to exclude network adaptors to try to bridge to. I think I may need to add the hamachi adaptor there. I've tried, but I've recieved no indication since that it was trying to fetch an ip. I've got to try more later, maybe reinstall vmware, I don't know. Please post any successful results.

NSCXP,

I'd appreciate it if you could upload the torrent to Mininova rather than TPB.

Everyone I'll answer ALL your questions in a few hours. I'm not at my hack computer right now.

scoobydu,

I plugged in a USB flash drive and it didn't work. Did you do anything to make it work?

No, just added usb to the vm and rebooted. then all my device showed up at the bottom like normal. I selected the BT adapter and the leopard in the vm enabled bluetooth.

Cheers

scooby

Go to the network preference panel, and the locations menu >> edit locations and delete all locations except for Automatic. Then try setting up Ethernet again :)

Tried all that and a few other things but no joy ... unfortunately at this stage I can't determine if it was caused by simply rebooting or the changing of the resolution, though I'm guessing the reboot. Will try experimenting a bit more when I get a chance. I dont suppose you know where the network info gets wrote to do you?

EDIT - It's definately the reboot that is the killer, locking the settings does not help either.

Everyone, the torrent has been uploaded to Mininova and its called "~pcwiz's VMware Leopard Image" Seeds please? I'll get to everyones questions now :) OK, answers to questions:

sightseeing51

Here is the MD5 of leopard-x86.rar:

d1b87fe6a4d27966435ce82895a9ae7b

And here is the MD5 of the leopard-x86-flat-img file itself:

5fa34f8793d641b63d5102c5e87bdc44

NSCXP2005

I haven't done any updates and it still doesn't save for me. Also, with the 1440x900 resolution I get the black bars also. I set it to 1440x900 but it only goes up to 1152x864. Maybe 1152x864 is the max.

protogastonic

I'll leave the fileshare links for those who want it, NSCXP has uploaded a torrent of it to Mininova, no seeds though.

jockyw2001

Try sudo -s from the Terminal. I'm 100% sure that the password is "pcwiz" in lowercase.

Sander122

Here are some speed up tips for you :)

HunterSinclair

Try both methods with host only networking if possible. Also disable any firewalls your computer may be using.

Abysmal

There are Rapidshare links at the very bottom of the links text file :)

I hope this answers everything :) Thanks scoobydu :)

Hi,

I tried loading it with my Core2Quad, changing the setting in VMWare to set it to two CPU's, and it worked fine. The only concern I have is the speed of the VM. It is very, very slow. I will try tomorrow ro change the vmx manually to add Direct3D support to it, but I wanted to know if I was the only one with this issue. I wanted to use this vm to install the iPhone's SDK, but I doubt it will fast enough.

Anyone?

lpperas,

Try these speed up tips and see if they do anything for you. The best known way to increase speed is to increase the amount of RAM allocated. Try changing the CPUs back to 1, maybe 2 makes things worse. And make sure that the virtual CD-ROM is disconnected when you start up the VM. Direct3D is part of DirectX, Windows only. There are no graphics support for OS X in VMware right now, but once Leo Server on VMware Fusion goes mainstream they will probably make a driver that can be used for full GFX compatibility and speed increases too.

iPhone SDK doesn't require full graphics support so other than the slow speeds you should be OK. Patience is a must though :) I'll work on speed and see what I can come up with. I've already tried a lot of things but most don't seem to help much.