Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Hey Eddy!

I have looked through pages and pages of tut's and tried many distro's of leopard and tiger. I have not yet been successful with Leopard ( Yet ). I would be the happiest person in the world if you could assist me into getting this baby working with Leopard. Vin Kernal perf but leopard none the less! Since i am a fully OS X user and i don't even run a single PC of my own. I bought these parts cause i wanted to run a hackintosh with leopard. I am really excited! I really need some help and i do own the software legally , i have a family pack of both 10.4., 10.5 and every disk from 10.0 .

Since i am no expert on x86 OS X quite yet. Althou I have done alot of the basic homework on the subject. I just cannot get any of the to work on OS X 10.5, But i did have 10.4 working fully on my old AMD hackintosh ( look below to find specs).

Since I bought this motherboard since it says it would work with leopard i thought this would of been alot easier than expected. i have prolly tried 50+ times now. with alot of odd mistakes. I just need a good starting ground on getting her fired up for leopard. Any suggestions on bios's options i should change or really anything. I am kinda stumpped right now.

My specs:

PowerSupply: Antek 430 true power

Motherboard: Asrock 4coreDual-SATA2 X86 quick wiki for this motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Allendale 2.4GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W

GFX Card: Nvidia 6600 (AGP) on a differnet note : i did get this working on my previous build ( AMD 3200+ | 512 RAM | 160 IDE | NVIDIA 6600 )

RAM: DDR 333 ( 1 GB )

HDD 320 IDE

Wireless: PCI Card | WG311T |Netgear :"Working after adding device ID "pci168c,13" in original AirPortAtheros.kext"

I do not know if this is going to help spec wise but i do have 2 extra HDD'S for external, since i have a USB converter that works in installer but untested if works for installing. As i said i hope this solves my problems since i see alot of people not mention stuff that should be to help people explain what is needed to get the job done =]

1 USB 120 IDE external

1 USB 160 IDE external

1 flash drive 512 MB

flavors of Leopard disk's if this helps any:

10.4.8 tubgirl

10.4.8 Jas

10.4.10 ( not sure, never got to work to even installer)

10.5 RC3 TOH

10.5.1 Kalyway

10.5.2 Kalyway

10.5.2 leo4all V2

10.5.2 iatoks

I hope someone has experience in my motherboard specs or close, on 10.5.2 wiki page for x86 it says i need to put suspend ram onto auto . Well after i did that none of my disk go through, maybe it's something diff, but i suspect it's that ( sry ). also in BIOS's it says GFX: it was set on PCI and i then set it to AGP, but nothing worked after that so i set it back to PCI , even thou i think that has no effect on it ( sorry if i am being stupid). Since i keep having all these problems. However i could install leopard fully on most distor's of leopard , it would restart then it would go through dvd again and into installer. I read on a few replys everywhere you have to set part as active and make a usr name nad password to proceed, but i never saw the command to do so. Also i would like someon to instruct me on what drivers and what kernel and such i should choose for any of the distro's above i stated or maybe a differnet version if someone has a better flavor for my spec's.

Even if you give me a good direction in links and topics that can maybe solve my problems would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!!

-MacX

Hi. I recently purchased (and am within return&refund period) an HP TX1410US Tablet. I am trying to get OSX to work on it in order to use the Tablet as a "notetaking" appendix to my main mac. I would be more than willing to serve as a test platform for your new release, although I will need some orientation and guidance for I don't have such deep Leopard skills. To begin with, I don't understand too well what I am supposed to choose (and why) in the custom install options of leo4allv2... These are my system specs:

HP Pavillion TX1410US

AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-64 / 2.2 GHz

2 GB DDR II SDRAM

250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm HD

DVD±RW (+R DL) / DVD-RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Whatever else you need to know about it, just ask. Meantime I am testing leo4allv2 while downloading v3...

I'll let you know the post-install status and ask any questions as they arise.

Thanks a lot for (everyones) well received know-how. Hope I can help all this pass along to more people!

Hi again.

I have gone through installation several times now with no luck. I am still unable to boot after installing. I have tried different combinations of drivers and patches, and have had an array of freezing conditions at boot. The last one is "Apple Nforce ATA: found 0 units".

Can anyone list the correct drivers and patches I need to select at installation to be able to boot Leopard afterwards? Please let me know what information about my system you will need to reply. It is an HP Pavillion TX1410US Tablet...

I have 7 days to return the tablet and get my money back... times-a-clicking-away...

Appreciate your help... Thank you...

Wow... It worked... finally, after long hours and many a reinstall... it worked!!!

These are the options I selected in the custom install:

MBR formatted (single) partition - don't want to use Vista at all...

9.20 Kernel

AMD System Fix

Time Machine Fix

Chipset: nForce 2/3/4/5

Graphics: nvInject Go

Network: Forcedepth

So far it all seems to work except for the video driver not being recognised (i.e. only 1024 resolution available) and no audio... haven't had a good chance yet to test everything.

If you have any solutions for the sound and video issues, greatly appreciated... I'll keep looking and post news if any arise...

Thank you very much...

Now that's the end of a good day... so far, after many reinstallations and lots of forum-reading - the tablet is (nearly) fully functional.

I have sound (albeit no volume control), I have multiple screen resolutions, I have WiFi, I have battery level indicator...

After installing Leo4Allv2 with the settings I listed above, I ran a package someone in some forum (sorry I'm not giving you your well deserved credit but I completeley lost track of where I've read what!) especially put together for the HP TX1000 which contained a series of installers to fix most of the initial post-install problems.

One thing I don't have - and is actually quite important; pretty much the reason I was trying to get Leopard on the tablet - is the handwriting functionality. I did have it momentarily at the beginning, before running the TX1000 scripts... now it's gone and I haven't been able to find a way to get it back. It seems the OS has changed the way it recognises the screen hardware and no longer identifies a "tablet" connected.

Any suggestions? Hope so!!

In any case... thank you so much everyone for your posts and advise...

Hey Eddy,

Thanks for this release, this is my first time trying to install OSx86 on my rig and I wanted to give it a try. I booted up in Darwin with the maxmem=2048 flag since I have 4GB of memory, ran Disk Utility then ran the Leopard install. However for some reason 3 minutes into the install it starts to freeze, I cannot move my cursor or anything. Any ideas?

See below:

21abdxl.jpg

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: ABIT AN8 SLi (nForce4 SLi chipset/ALC850 audio)

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3000+ Socket939 (SSE2)

GPU: XFX GeForce 7600 GT (2x) in SLi

Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

- I understand this is not supported and will use the onboard sound instead

RAM: Kingston Hyper X DDR400 PC3200 4GB (4x1GB) (Dual Channel)

- maxmem=2048 flag

HDD: WD Raptor X 10,000RPM SATA 150GB HDD (2x)

- Leopard will be installed on it's own hard drive

PSU: Zalman ZM-600HP 600W Modular PSU

If anyone else would give some advice that would be greatly appreciated :blink:

edit: I'm using Leo4allv3 by the way.

edit #2: Update: I reinstalled Leopard, this time with Eddie's Leo4Allv2 release and it installed perfectly. However when I reach the desktop a dialog comes up saying the AC97 kext is invalid or something like that and the resolution is stuck at 1024x768 with no QE/CI, any ideas? Everything else works perfectly fine. Thanks guys :D

I just download Leo4AllV3 and I am trying to install it on a vmware machine... vmware workstation version 6.0.3-80003... I get a kernel panic error... here's the screenshot...

can you guys help me out?

leo4allv3errouo9.jpg

Thanks Eddie!

I am having the same problem in VMWare 6.0.3.build 80004. Anyone know how to fix this?

hi there

i can install and everything works like a charm except one thing. KERNEL PANIC RANDOMLY! I just get kernel panics sometimes. i think it has something to do with my chipset. I have an nvidia nforce 4 a8n-sli motherboard. does someone know what is causing this error?

i have an sata drive. the nforce sata driver didn't fix the problem

any ideas?

Thanks for a great release eddie, I've just completed installing it succesfully on a :

Sony Vaio VGN-N38Z

Core2Duo T5500 @1.66Ghz

2048 DDR

ata DVDdrive

I'm still discovering bit by bit the Leopard universe, never used Apple before!

Quick Question : everything seems to be working perfectly, everything but my audio drivers!

It's an onboard 'Realtek High Quality Audio' -> do you know if Leopard is compatible with this, and if it is, how to install the correct drivers?

Thansk a bunch!

Hello!

I was wondering if Leo4All 10.5.2 will work (natively) with my system.

Here are my specs;

Case: Antec P182

Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E WiFi

RAM: 2x2GB Transcend 800

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE 8800GTS 512MB (G92)

Hard-Drives: Western Digital 400GB IDE, Maxtor 500GB SATA

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Heatsink/Fan: Zalman CNPS 9700LED

DVD Drive: SATA 20x

Monitor: ASUS VW222U (22'')

Speakers: Altec Lansing VS4121

Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0

Mouse: Logitech (can find the model number, but it's a laser mouse)

Please tell me if it will (of if it is an easier driver install then Kalyway's [been having trouble with my GFX drivers with Kalyway, and I heard that Leo4All supports my GFX card natively])

If it will, please tell me!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Got Leo4All V3 finally working on two difference NForce systems with a FX-53 and 3200+, and 7900 GT's. Don't have audio, LAN or QE, but I guess that's to be somewhat expected.

It may be self-evident to most, but the install notes don't really make it clear that you find a lot of those choices for install buried in the "3rd Party Drivers" folder!

It's quite odd that there's no real newbies guide for those who have never installed OSx86 OSX before. (or at least a customized one...)

The really fuzzy part is the video installation. What is the distinction between the included drivers (and what do those NVidia ID's mean?), and NVInject?

If you install NVInject, is there some post-install process that must be done?

Just some observations from a Leo4All newbie. (but one with significant PC and older 040/PowerPC Mac experience!)

Hey i have had Leo4all working on my Toshiba Equium A100-549 Laptop for about a week now. I had everthing working fine with a bit or terminal hacking and adding new kexts. But today i got a pop up for the Apple Updates it installed 8 updates i can only remember a few (Itunes update, Quicktime update, Safari Update, Airport Extreme Update and A Security Update) That all installed ok but when my laptop rebooted i booted into Acronis boot loader (like normal) and selected Mac OS X but after that it shows a few commands then the screen goes blank and resets. I tried reparing permissions in disk utilies thorugh my install disk. Can anyone help me with my problem it's not the end of the world if i need to re-install Mac as i have only had it installed a week but i would like to just fix it as it would mean messing around with it all again to get it working. Thanks.

Ok after tinkering around some more I am almost finished with the updates. I need to test some on my AMD CPU, make sure everything is running smoothly. Should only be a couple more days before the update is ready for some testers. I have fixed what I hope are some Device ID issues with ATI and Marvell PATA. I will keep my fingers crossed. I updated the Nvidia kexts to the latest ones available from the Mac Pros, and completely fixed the permissions errors. I have also cleaned up the folders after the install.

Thanks for the very stable install!!! I do, however, have a problem... I have tried using the x19x0 drivers in your install, but end up with mouse tearing and black menus. Oh the plus side, all the resolutions and QE are available. I have tried just about everything I can find on these forums, to no avail. The best I can get is to install leo4allv3 without the driver, then installed Apple Graphics Update 1.0 and then the jcool installers for my card, and I get QE and good menus, but am stuck at 1280 x 1024 with mouse tearing. My specs are below. I am sure you are inundated with help requests, but I would greatly appreciate any insight you can offer.

Asus A8R32 MVP Deluxe

Athlon 64 x2 4800+

2GB corsair ram

ATI Radeon X1900 XTX

Pioneer 20x +-r RW DVD

Baracuda 7200 RPM 500 GB HD

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Toshiba U205-S5002 - 12" Laptop

AKA:

HackinToshiba

Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz T2300E (WORKING - cpus=1)

4GB Corsair PC5300 667 RAM (WORKING - Darwin - 3.3GB; Leopard - 4GB - APPLESMBIOS 667 - LEO4ALLv3)

100GB Western Digital SATA HDD 5400RPM (WORKING - Leopard 10.5.2 - 9.2.2 Vanilla Kernal - LEO4ALLv3)

Mat{censored}aDVD-RAM UJ-842S (WORKING - Burning DVDs & CDs w Disco - OUT OF BOX)

AD1981HD Audio (WORKING (OUT) - AppleAzalia + AC97 - LEO4ALLv3)

GMA950 1280x800x32 QE/CI/QE2D (WORKING - GMA950 #1 - LEO4ALLv3)

FireWire (WORKING - 400MBs - OUT OF BOX)

Intel Pro VE 100 LAN (WORKING - Intel Pro VE 100 - LEO4ALLv3)

Notes:

KEXTS/PATCHES USED:

9.2.2 vanilla kernel

intel ichx

gma950 (option 1)

intel pro ve 100

appleazalia+ac97

NOT USED - UNTESTED:

ACPIPLATFORM

POWER MANANGEMENT

MODEM (LOL @ DIAL UP+FAXING)

PCMCIA CARD SLOT

BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT READER

NOT WORKING:

3945ABG WIFI

MULTI CARD READER

I will update this post very soon and add this information to the HCL Wiki...

Stalling on reboot after successful install

Stalls on the following line...

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 1 1659 setPowerLevels - returning early, have a 5721. onoff=, fPciDeviceId=

this repeats three times then it stalls and freezes.

Dell 8400

P4 3.2 DT

80gb ide drive

ATI x300