2 drives

IDE

drive1s1 OSX

Drive1s2 NTFS

SATA

Drive2s1 Vista

Drive2s2 NTFS

Drive2s3 NTFS

Ok, a little info.. I've tried Kalyway (waiting for root device), so tried zephiroth, and now Leo4all. Both leo4all and zephiroth do the exact same thing..

2z5n0gn.jpg

Above is a normal boot, if i use -x for safe mode, I get the wonderful "you must restart your computer" gray crash screen. So, next I decided to do -v -x. This time, it shows a kernel panic, although Im pretty sure it will help to know what is causing the panic, I didnt spend much time looking at it this morning, Ill take a pic tonight as well when I get back home. I then tried to remove the nvidia drivers by loading in -s and mount -uw / with no added luck. I posted this in the zeph thread also, but it was when I had the zeph install going. This one seems to be more popular, so I'd like to stick with this DVD but I'm having no luck getting it to boot after install. As mentioned, installs great with no problems, but then... I should mention also that I tried disabling SATA in the Bios as well to no avail, im also gonna upgrade the BIOS when I get home too.

During the install, I chose the following options.

ToH Kernel 9.2

nvidia kexts

efi mbr

forcedeath

I have Leo4AllV2 installed on my machine everything is working, But Time Machine is not working even i installed Time machine fix from DVD.

Please suggest because i crashed my system couple of time fixing that issue.

I haven't tried my install yet, but my experience with using different operating systems under MS has not been a pleasant one, even when both are MS.

With SATA drives on my AMD-2 I've solved the problem by pulling all other drives, installing OS one to a drive, and then hitting f8 to select drive. The MS dual boot intertwines the systems, and when one crashes, or you try to re-install a full backup on one, you usually booger the whole thing.

I'm going to follow this plan if and when I get a chance to play with it.

I just bought my wife a Mac so that I can say I can't help her when she has a question. (That's high up on my self delusions.).

Some people have issues with Time machine(mainly AMD users), I don't know if there is a real fix for this or not. You can always give my new release a try and see if you have better luck.

I have intel machine and everything worked fine with Leo4All V1, but once i installed V2 it's not working. What do you think cause would be.

all of those physical connection errors are usually from SATA ports that are enabled but have nothing connected.

I understand that.. However, it doesn't go any further either.. Thats as far as it gets... Any suggestions? Like mentioned, I eventried to disable sata in bios and boot, but same thing.. maybe ill install to the drive with sata disabled..

after trying kalyway 10.5.2 and iatkos v1.0ir2 without succes i got leo4all v3 working pretty well on my acer aspire 5684 with 4 gb mem.

I used vanila and speedstep kernel and all chipset drivers except oldnforce driver.

First i didnt select any chipset drivers and then i get the root device error.

but now restarting works fine but it is slow. When i choose shut down it is shutting down but slow and not with a apple screen but with the darwin screen. and with booting it boots fine but again with the darwing loader and not with the apple screen and it takes a while.

how can i speed this up and shut down faster? and i tried a dvd but with dvd player it says "valid video device not found for playback". and with vlc its says almost the same.

hello everyone! Hope all is well.

Eddie! Many many thanks for your Hard work

I installed leo4all V2 = on my laptop completely - it even told me - it is installed Successfully. then it says restart ... i let it sit and reboot -

Right away - Its says * Device is locked.* anyone heard about this before?

So i try to install again -- When i go to disk utility - i can see that os is installed allready. - so its not booting up .

I did a 10GB partition in C:

During Install - i chose AMD Patch * everything else i left as is.

Heres my laptop specs

Vista Ultimate

Hp Pavilion Tx2000 Notebook pc

x64-Based pC

AMD Turion 64x2 TL-68, 2400 Mhz 2core

SMBios Version - 2.4

Ram-4GB

if theres anything else i need to include in pc Config please let me know

Many Thanks! :blink:

Eddie,

Congrats on another excellent release and many thanks for the finishing touches to FINAL.

A question if I may:

Why is the power management bundle dependent upon ACPIPlatform 1.1.0? Is this your work or the result of anothers on this forum? Can you point me in the right direction or advise if this is configurable for use on 1.2.1?

I ask because I've found the best hack for gma950 yet (sorry, your no-res option still gave me artifacts) this involves using the gma950 files from a mini (with latest graphics update applied) in conjunction with paulicats' natit.kext for laptops. This results in full support for everything with no artifacts present and no ghosting in two days of work/leisure use.

The only difference between the two installs is the ACPIPlatform version, with 1.1.0 the blue screen is produced at startup and I get the same result in safe mode.

post-207028-1209077412_thumb.png

I have found only one working power management bundle, but somewhere inside the sources(I haven't looked into it much) it has a dependency on version 1.1.0. When I have time(Have quite a few things I want to improve) I will see if it can be compiled for the stock ACPIPlatform.

Eddie,

Installed v3 on a P5LD2-VM with no issues. Chose not to put in video drivers but followed up with Leopard Graphics Update + NVInject 2.1 to enable my 7300GT. I was surprised to see that my motherboard goes into FULL sleep now... with the vanilla 9.2.2 kernel.

Comparing my experience with your v3 release to my experience with Kalyway 10.5.2, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

What are key KEXT components that control system sleep? So far, I am guessing AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext. My Kalyway install on another drive won't sleep no matter what I swap out.

Why the orange drive icons? I know this was somehow tied to running SATA in AHCI mode but I get regular disk icons with the Kalyway release (and what feels like snappier Finder response).

I also think there are a couple of small bugs in the v3 installation. The default version for AppleACPIPlatform.kext is supposed to be 1.1.0, but 1.0.3 from Tiger gets installed by default. Also, the custom AppleAHCI.kext that was in v2 that provided the correct SATA information for an ICH7 chipset seems to have changed in v3 as I am back to "generic SATA controller". Replacing AppleAHCI.kext with the version from Kalyway 10.5.2 or your v2 brought back the correct info.

Great release really. Please don't take my comments as criticism. I really want to figure out the sleep recipe so I can install from scratch using my "real" Leo DVD...

ACPIPlatform version 1.1.0 is definately the default install, not sure where you get anything else. The package Leo_Patches, which has various needed kext's installs version 1.1.0. You have to select a different one from the installer to get it.

The orange drive icons I posted in another thread already. There is no fix, as they are meant to be orange. They are hot swappable in AHCI mode. If you want some other graphic you can use Candybar(which is included) to change it easy enough. I don't like changing stuff that is not needed, I want to keep Leopard as close to the original as possible.

AppleAHCIPort if you notice is not the same version. In Leo4Allv2 it uses version 1.1.0 but in this version it uses 1.5.1.

Need help here. Firstly on my CPU specs:

Processor: Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz

Motherboard: Intel D865GBF chipset

Memory: 1GB DDR 333 GHZ

Hard Drive: 400GB Sata II

Can i install Mac os X leopard into my computer?

Secondly, I downloaded Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 (i know its rather old) and when i burn out the image file to dvd i get only 10 files with roughly 5mb total space. What is the problem and how can i rectify it?

Thirdly, i am downloading leov3 at the moment. How do i go forward after this?

Really wanna have a try on Mac os. Been indulging my time on installation for the past 1 week but never had a chance to even get an installation disc being produced. Help required urgently. Thanks

Hey!

I've tried installing Leo4all-V3 on my Dell Vostro 1500 (intel core 2 duo, nvidia 8600), but can't even get the installation to boot! 

Immediately there's a kernel panic, it crashes on AppleAcpiPlatform.

If i boot it with cpus=1 it gets stuck in IOAPIC, platform=X86PC doesn't help either.

Weird thing is, kalyway installs and works great on the same machine!

Has anyone tried installing on the same machine ? What could iI try?

hi all

I have a problem with installation.

this is my notebook's spec:

amd Turionx2

nforce

nvidia go 7600 256Mb

dual hd 120Gb sata

wireless broadcom a/b/g

I try to install and everything seems to go well, but when I reboot darwin starts and say me: " system config file apple.com.boot.plist not found"

I don't know how to fix this

I see on a forum that I have to delete 2 files, but I have only a pc with windows xp running on it and MacDrive doesn't work, so I cannot try this.

I hope someone can help me.

Excuse my english.

Thanks

bye

I try to install Leo4all v3 but it's all the same.

I don't know what can I do.

Someone have a configuration like mine?

Anyone had the same problem?

I want to install leo4allv3 on my laptop but I have a problem configuring the partition. I took the last 15gb of my harddrive to create new partition with acronis and then I wanted to install osx on it. Since osx needs its own filesystem I also tried to have the 15 gig unallocated space when installing from the dvd. But even with the disk utility I can't create any partitions to install the OS on it. What do I have to do?

Hi,

Noob question...tried to load it on my laptop but just stop after a while.

Dowlnloaded the 37zip file but only burned part 1 iso.

Really want to try & load it on my laptop. Any help is appreciated.

The following is my system configuration

Dell Inspiron 1420

OS - Vista Business

CPU - Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5250

Instructions - MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

Motherboard - Dell 0DT492

Chipset - GM965

HDD - Toshiba MK1637GSX

Display adapter - Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset family

dvd/cd - TSSTcorp DVD+/- RW TS-L632H ATA device

modem - conexant HDA D330 MDC V.92 modem

network adapter - Broadcom NetLink Fast Ethernet

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

sound controller - SigmaTel High Definition Codec

Thanks

Hi. I am having problems with graphics, network and stability issues with Kalyway and iAtkos (both latest although tried kalyway 10.5.1 also) and thought I would try Leo4Allv3 as I think it may fix graphics. seems my device id is confirmed as working. When I boot the install disk i just get kernel panic:

"" (cpu caller 0x001A9387): Kernel trap at 0x00142e66, type=page fault, registers: ""

This happens just after IOAPIC & ACPI. It goes on alot with backtraces and such but it is alot of hex to write down so not going to add it unless it would be helpful? Im relatively experienced with UNIX etc but figuring out kernel hex errors is well past me... :-p

Its so annoying because I have another hack pro which works brilliantly. 100% stable and no issues what so ever but this laptop is proving to be i nightmare!... :( - I refuse to give up though! :-D

Laptop Specs:

Toshiba Tecra A9-151

Intel GMAX3100 GFX

Intel 3945ABG wireless

Intel gigabit NIC but cant remember exactly which one of the top of my head...

2.0ghz C2D T7250

2GB RAM

GM965 Chipset (not 100% on that TBH)....

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here so please be gentle.

I've been working on installing leo4all 10.5.2v3 on my dell d620 and can't wait to get things running.

I have gone through the install process a few times so far but have not been able to boot in to the OS yet. I have the dual boot working fine but when the OS loads, I receive a "IOPCCardbridge: start failed" then the dreaded "waiting for root device" message and it hangs.

I have been trying to make things work with options in the setup, and looking around the forums for information. I have disabled NIC,PCMCIA,wireless etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your hard work on this project. I have eagerly awaited the ability to install osx on my PC platform.

Mark

Hi AGain,

i'm wondering if I may have posted in the wrong area? I'm suprised to not see any responses to my posts.

Is there a more appropriate area for this post?

Has anyone been able to get the Intel 3945 wireless card working? I don't even see it listed in the onboard devices.

Has anyone been able to fix the use of speedstep, or the use of the dual core?

I'm I doing something wrong? On the hackintosh? Am I using the wrong forum?

Marko

HELP!

Ok well heres the story...

I have a toshiba tecra S3 (laptop) & i tried all , Kalayway, Leo4all v2, Leo4allv3.... the only one that worked was Leo4all V2!

Well... Here's the deal... Im having serious problems and I need this to be up and running by tonight or ill be in deep trouble (school tommorrow)...

- Leo4All v2 will not boot with out the DVD...

I tried the fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 etc... etc...

IT DOSENT WORK!

- I tried to install vista and maybe do a dual boot.. but

VISTA DOESNT SEE ANY HARD DRIVES WITH THE INSTALLATION DISK...

&& this is after using disk utility on Leo4All install disk & formating a Master Boot. & MS DOS..

- Even though Leo4all v2 is installed & im using the disk to boot up...

I have nothing working... meaining ...NO INTERNET!

..... NO SOUND

..... No Battery INFO

.... SO MANY THINGS

- And Im not even getting the vanilla load up screen that I had in Tiger...

PLEASE HELP ME

PLEASE !

Im so lost.

What Should I do?

I cant even go back to windows... It doesn't recongize my HD...

I want to keep OSX86 but i need to boot it without the DVD & Have my internet & wifi & sound working for school tomm

PLEASE HELP ME!

Specs?

Toshiba Tecra S2

Intel 2.13 GHZ

100gb HDD

NVIDIA Card..

- rest of the specs are on google

Hi,

Noob question...tried to load it on my laptop but just stop after a while.

Dowlnloaded the 37zip file but only burned part 1 iso.

Really want to try & load it on my laptop. Any help is appreciated.

The following is my system configuration

Dell Inspiron 1420

OS - Vista Business

CPU - Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5250

i just get kernel panic:

"" (cpu caller 0x001A9387): Kernel trap at 0x00142e66, type=page fault, registers: ""

This happens just after IOAPIC & ACPI. It goes on alot with backtraces and such but it is alot of hex to write down so not going to add it unless it would be helpful? Im relatively experienced with UNIX etc but figuring out kernel hex errors is well past me... :-p

Laptop Specs:

Toshiba Tecra A9-151

2.0ghz C2D T7250

2GB RAM

GM965 Chipset (not 100% on that TBH)....

On a dell Vostro 1500, same CPU as others, same problem!

It's either a stuck IOAPIC (it returns different values of some vector comparing to a working kalyway), or crashes on AppleAcpiPlatform.

Maybe an EFI issue? 

These are the official install notes for the release. There will never be a link here to such software as that is against the rules.

Hello Eddie11c,

Are there official update files for leo4all v2 which are used in Leo4all v3 available. So people don't have to do the job all over. And if so where can i find them.

With Regards