Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Managed to install Leo4all on my system (MB : A8N32, CPU : 4200+RAM : 1.5 GB, SATA Drive : 1TB, Single installation, MSI 8800 GS) and system working well. However, no external USB devices are recognised. Can anyone hlep ?

Hi eddie11c

Firstly, I'm a bit of a n00b at this. I've never added any kexts to an ISO or anything.

My last attempt was installing Zephyroth's 10.5.2 on my system (specs below) but I continue to get the "still waiting for boot device" message which I think means that my chipset isnt supported.

I've looked through the RTF for the Leo4Allv3 release you created (thanks by the way!!) , and I don't see the 790fx chipset listed.. is that one supported? I'd love to tell you where the KEXT is but I cant seem to find it... though I do find a lot of people looking for it.

Any help is appreciated.

see sig for specs.

Managed to install Leo4all on my system (MB : A8N32, CPU : 4200+RAM : 1.5 GB, SATA Drive : 1TB, Single installation, MSI 8800 GS) and system working well. However, no external USB devices are recognised. Can anyone hlep ?

Eddie11c,

Managed to get the USB External drive to work by disabling USB Legacy in BIOS. Everything working fine. Even the firewire port is working since changing USB Legacy option in BIOS. (Maybe a coincidence0. Thanks

Regards

Lucia

Hey there, i'm currently running windows xp pro and linux ubutnu on my pc, so, i put the " leo4all " dvd in my drive and installed it on the " linux ubuntu ' partition, all went fine, but after the installation, it restarted my computer and after that,my pc can't detect any OS-es installed on my pc no more. The error i get is the following:

GRUB Loading, Stage 1.5.

GRUB Loading, please wait...

Error 17

--

So, i don't have any acces to my computer no more, this has happened to me once, so now, i inserted my windows xp cd, and went to " repair windows xp " and i typed bootcfg /default and it found 1: [C] windows ... so i put this as the default boot. i restarted my pc again, and i got the same error. So i was wondering if someone knows how to fix this, because i have a lot of work to do on my pc. Maybe there's a bootable software or something that detects OS-es without any problem, is there?

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

[C]radle.eXe

Eddie11c,

Managed to get the USB External drive to work by disabling USB Legacy in BIOS. Everything working fine. Even the firewire port is working since changing USB Legacy option in BIOS. (Maybe a coincidence0. Thanks

Regards

Lucia

Great glad to hear you got it sorted out.

hey eddie, i just formatted the linux containing partition and installed windows xp on it so that i can modifiy the boot.ini document to regain access to my older windows xp.After i did that , i deleted this partition completely,so that i can install the MAC OS X (leo4all) and i want to have my current windows xp (not the one that i installed after, the old one) and MAC to run on my pc. So, the installation of MAC was succesful, but after my computer restarts, it reboots from the leo4all dvd, and it proposes me to install MAC OS X one more time.And if i remove the Leo4all DVD from my drive and restart my pc, all i get is a " BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER " Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my system config:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 2.80 Ghz

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-E

RAM: 3GB of RAM

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512 Mo

Thanks in advance eddie, or anyone else that helps me.

Sincerely,

[C]radle.eXe

And how am i supposed to install the " fdisk " software on my computer if i don't have access to windows xp ? I forgot to tell that my processor is an ASUS and not an intel. So i don't know if it works.. Thanks again.

restart and insert your Mac OS X DVD. 19). Instead of Booting in the DVD, press F8 and boot with -s.

20). To use the Darwin bootloader, you will have to write a new MBR. Follow the commands below-

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

write

yes

quit

reboot 21). Now after reboot, you should see the Darwin bootloader active again, and when you press enter, Windows NTFS will be the foreign O/S installed on your system in addition to Mac OS X. By default, after 8 seconds, Darwin should boot off the Mac OS X partition. However, you can always select the Windows Vista partition anytime you have to access that O/S.

And how am i supposed to install the " fdisk " software on my computer if i don't have access to windows xp ? I forgot to tell that my processor is an ASUS and not an intel. So i don't know if it works.. Thanks again.

Hi, I'm trying to install leo4all version 3 and I can't get the DVD to boot.

First let me explain a little about what I've done and tried. I had Jas 10.4.8 installed on my computer, and had a power surge that knocked out the USB ports on that MoBo. So I decided to buy a new MoBo (Intel DG35EC - details: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...sp?Sku=I69-2168 ) and install leo4all v3. However, when I put in the new MoBo I got stuck at the com.apple.boot.plist problem. After doing some reading I decided the problem was with my IDE optical drive. So I just got a new SATA optical drive, and I'm no longer getting that problem, but now I'm getting an entirely new problem. So far I haven't seen where anyone else has had this problem on the forums...

When booting the install DVD (leo4all v3) I get as far as...

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

I also tried the -v option, and it got stuck at the same place.

Next I tried -x option and it got a little further. After that line it then goes on to...

mbinit: Done

Security auditing service present

BSM Auditing service present

From Path "uuid"

Waiting for Boot volume with UUID 69B78657-814A-3f0C-A28D-IaI4358A8B98

Waiting on <dict id="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string id="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResources</key><string id="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

And again it gets stuck there. (If you need I can provide line for line everything that happens up to this point - I just didn't want to have to type that all out if I don't need to)

I have tried just about every bios setting I can think of to fix this (just trial and error, I'm not an expert with this stuff by any means) but nothing seems to make a difference (except that some things prevent the DVD from booting at all).

Also, I thought I should mention, the HDD does have WinXP Pro SP2 installed and the entire drive is formated with one NTFS partition. I was going to use the Disc Utility on the DVD to wipe the drive and partition it - then after getting Mac OS X installed, I was going to re install WinXP fresh.

My System stats are as follows....

Intel DG35EC MotherBoard [Northbridge: G35 Express, Southbridge: ICH8]

Intel Core2Duo 2.13 Ghz E6420

Lite-ON 20X DVDRW SATA LH-20A1S-12

WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G

If you need anymore information about my system just let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Try booting with rd=disk#s# to point to your DVD drive. Sometimes this will get you past the initial waiting for root device message.

sorry, I'm a noobie.. is that a boot option the same as -x or -v would be?

Okay, just to say, i have download this version " Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3] That was realeased on 2008-03-11 22:33:50 on TPB. So, i did the installation and all went well. It restarted my pc, and WinLinMac01 told me to boot with -s and type the following:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

write

yes

quit

Because i don't know what to do in order to boot my pc with mac.So, i pressed F8 and wrote -s , then i wrote fdisk -e/dev/rdisk0, and here is what i got:

3028mlu.jpg

If someone can write me the steps, step by step, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

[C]radle.eXe

Okay now, when i restart the PC Without the MAC OS X dvd inside my pc, i get the error " BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER " And when i insert the OS X dvd in my pc, i get the black page .. and the message " Still waiting for root device " sentence so .. What should i do ? please i need help cause i have lots of things t do on my pc .. Thanks in advance.

[C]radle.eXe

hi all

I have a problem with installation.

this is my notebook's spec:

amd Turion64x2 1.8 Ghz

nforce

2Gb Ram

nvidia go 7600 256Mb

dual hd 120Gb sata

wireless broadcom a/b/g

I try to install and everything seems to go well, but when I reboot darwin starts and say me: " system config file apple.com.boot.plist not found"

I try to install several times with any kind of installation but everithing go in the same way

I don't know how to fix this

Please help me...

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have Leo 10.5.2 (Leo4Allv3) and ASUS P5K PRO mobo with ALC883 on-board audio, install a lot of drivers but didn't got the working sound ;)

Uninstall the taruga patch and try the azalia audio driver found on the Leo4All installation disk, I posted the same driver earlier in this thread (page 45 #887)

This will enable output only.

Hey all, please, does anyone know how do i boot into MAC OS X After the installation ? I have an Asus processor, and an ASUS Motherboard. Please i really need help .. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

[C]radle.eXe

asoftlad

Thanks, but don't work :D I got "No Built-in Audio." after installation.

How to correctly uninstall the taruga patch? and other audio drivers :)

Cradle.eXe

Try press F8 at post screen (when PC is booting) and select HDD where you install MAC OS